PDA

View Full Version : [DEV] New Fansite

Trigs
16-06-2012, 01:19 AM
Yes, I know, another thread about another fansite, but before you write this off, read about what I have planned here.

This won't be just another one of those forum fansites, this is everything in a traditional fansite and more. You'll get your forums, your guides, your radio, your events, etc., but you'll also get a one-of-a-kind system coded by myself, unique to this fansite. Think HabbCrazy's BTH but better, more interactive, and more in-depth. Think HabboRemix but more organized, active, and enticing. It's a combination of everything you need, all in one fansite!

There's also much more to it, but for the sake of this post, this site's primary draw will be the ability for members to earn points which they can use to redeem for cool rewards, like VIP membership, Habbo credits, furni, and possibly even some gift cards if the site becomes popular enough. And earning these points will be completely free! You earn them by contributing to site activity. That means simply posting on the forums, referring other members, updating your profile, even just logging in daily will earn you these points.

That being said, I need your help on choosing a name for the fansite. I have narrowed my choices down to the following:

HabboCrave.com
HabboTree.com
Habboed.com
Habzilla.com
urHabbo.com

Let me know what you think, about both the concept and your preferred name.

In addition, I'll need some staff to help me make this happen. The moderators, DJs, news reporters, etc. will be needed soon, but right now if anyone wishes to help me in the development of the site, namely graphics and coding, feel free to PM me. So far, a good part of the backend is already finished. All the basic stuff (registering, shoutbox, some moderation tools, points system etc.) are already completed, but there's still some work to be done. I'm not much of a designer so I'll start off with an open layout and if the site takes off, I'll invest in one that's professionally done.

Thanks!

lawrawrrr
16-06-2012, 01:30 AM
BTH is like bobbafaces? Does that even exist anymore?

I like some of your ideas, especially the reward system!

Out of the choices I like Habboed the best :)

As much as I'd love to be part of making a new fansite I'm a bit busy here with my jobs+stuff but good luck with it :)

Trigs
16-06-2012, 01:40 AM
What's Bobbafaces? I haven't been playing Habbo until recently.

Thanks for the kind words, and your favourite name has been noted :)

BTH is like bobbafaces? Does that even exist anymore?

I like some of your ideas, especially the reward system!

Out of the choices I like Habboed the best :)

As much as I'd love to be part of making a new fansite I'm a bit busy here with my jobs+stuff but good luck with it :)

lawrawrrr
16-06-2012, 01:42 AM
What's Bobbafaces? I haven't been playing Habbo until recently.

Thanks for the kind words, and your favourite name has been noted :)

It's an old site where Habbo users signed up and posted pictures of themselves next to their Habbo names! I have a feeling it's long gone now though.

Trigs
16-06-2012, 01:47 AM
That'll definitely be possible on my site as well

It's an old site where Habbo users signed up and posted pictures of themselves next to their Habbo names! I have a feeling it's long gone now though.

Munex
16-06-2012, 01:53 AM
I too love the reward system idea ... I read this post with scepticism, but the reward system is indeed a good pull. My only worry, though, is the cost in funding a decent reward system - is it financially possible for you to buy 100 members VIP? More than 100?

As for a name, I prefer HabboCrave or HabboTree ... "Habboed" makes me feel uneasy because the "o" and the "e" are together which is just bizarre to look at for me: "oe". No? Just me then...

Qzaki
16-06-2012, 01:59 AM
http://i50.tinypic.com/ztlj.png

Can anyone guess what name i like the most? :P

October
16-06-2012, 02:15 AM
I don't think any of them names match what you want the site to be about.
Maybe urHabbo but that sounds nooby.

Trigs
16-06-2012, 02:17 AM
I too love the reward system idea ... I read this post with scepticism, but the reward system is indeed a good pull. My only worry, though, is the cost in funding a decent reward system - is it financially possible for you to buy 100 members VIP? More than 100?

As for a name, I prefer HabboCrave or HabboTree ... "Habboed" makes me feel uneasy because the "o" and the "e" are together which is just bizarre to look at for me: "oe". No? Just me then...

Sorry should have clarified as I just realized HC membership is now called VIP. I meant VIP membership on my own site. And yeah haha, 100 VIP memberships definitely wouldn't be feasible at all.

---------- Post added 15-06-2012 at 10:18 PM ----------

I don't think any of them names match what you want the site to be about.
Maybe urHabbo but that sounds nooby.

My thoughts exactly. It's just that a lot of the good Habbo- or -Habbo domain names are taken already. Maybe I should look in a new direction, perhaps something without "Habbo" in the domain name, like yours?

October
16-06-2012, 02:22 AM
Sorry should have clarified as I just realized HC membership is now called VIP. I meant VIP membership on my own site. And yeah haha, 100 VIP memberships definitely wouldn't be feasible at all.

---------- Post added 15-06-2012 at 10:18 PM ----------

My thoughts exactly. It's just that a lot of the good Habbo- or -Habbo domain names are taken already. Maybe I should look in a new direction, perhaps something without "Habbo" in the domain name, like yours?
No because people are dumb and don't understand that despite not having Habbo in my fansite's name, it is still Habbo.
BlueBobble - regards to the blue HC hat.
duckieWorld - idek

Trigs
16-06-2012, 03:18 AM
So are you implying it's best to keep habbo in the name?

No because people are dumb and don't understand that despite not having Habbo in my fansite's name, it is still Habbo.
BlueBobble - regards to the blue HC hat.
duckieWorld - idek

October
16-06-2012, 03:23 AM
So are you implying it's best to keep habbo in the name?I'm implying that the hardest part in fansite creation is coming up with a good, solid, fun name that will identify your site. Don't make it something some other site has used before, you don't want people discussing your site and thinking of two different ones, the current and a former model.

Good luck though :P

Rachel
16-06-2012, 04:25 AM
Well it's good to see talented and valuable people who is willing to do a lot of hard work for their fansites. I wish you good luck in the future :)

I am staying at habboxlive but I am sure you will get a lot of users too ;)

Kasabian
16-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Habzilla appeals to me the most.

Lee
16-06-2012, 03:00 PM
I'd say HabZilla

the.games
16-06-2012, 03:25 PM
I love the idea of a points system, and I like that you have taken inspiration from other fan sites in your work.

Personally, I like habzilla.com the best!

The only advice I can give you at first is to follow the KISS principal (Keep it Simple Stupid!). Be aware that the more complicated your site is to use, the less people will register on it.

So, I recommend that you focus on making your site as simple and user friendly but advanced as possible.

I'm not sure if that all makes sense, but you get what I'm saying!

Qzaki
16-06-2012, 04:23 PM
I use points on my site (unable to say on this site) and it does work activity wise however are you going to be making enough profit from your site to be able to give back furniture etc?

Trigs
16-06-2012, 05:10 PM
I use points on my site (unable to say on this site) and it does work activity wise however are you going to be making enough profit from your site to be able to give back furniture etc?

The plan is to gauge the ability to earn points vs. the cost of rewards so that I can at the very least break-even.

Trigs
16-06-2012, 10:23 PM
Small update:

I didn't like the way my original layout was looking (too bland and non-Habbo'y) so I decided to go with a layout off HabboEmotion. And before I get flamed for it, it's the actual content and functionality that should count, and this layout is s perfect fit for what I have planned. Anyways, if you wish to preview the development of this site, you can do so here: http://www.hab.net63.net You can register and all that, but I haven't done anything front-end yet, it's mostly back-end so far but it'll be updated soon.

Also, I'm looking for the following as of right now...

Community Manager - Pretty self explanatory but the reason I'm needing to fill this position is because I'd like for this person to start generating some hype around the opening of this site.

Content Producers - I'd like for the fansite to be released with content already done.

Graphics Designers - Not a designer, at all, therefore I'm going to need someone to create some graphics vital to the release of the fansite. As of right now, nothing complicated is needed so any help in this department would be great!

Also, I'd like to know what you guys want to see in this site that I don't already have planned. I will +rep (not sure if it has any effect) all your suggestions. For example; "profiles where you can upload pictures of yourself and have other people rate them".

Trigs
16-06-2012, 11:11 PM
One more position I forgot to mention (if a mod could merge this, that'd be great).

Site Developer - Looking for HTML/CSS/JS type people who can assist me in the front-end development of the site as my specialty is backend. I'm capable of doing what's necessary but I need some help to help take the site to the next step. To start, I'd probably need an interface for the shop where users would redeem their points for prizes and I'd need a forum designed.

Tomm
17-06-2012, 12:19 AM
You've got some security problems. I dont have access to a computer at the moment and I am on a tablet so it is difficult to take much of a look but I have got myself a red bold name (admin?) and I can view the entire points history. I don't use PHP anymore but if you want some advice just say. Also a side affect is that when I login to this account it makes everyone appear online. Since this is obviously just a test system you,ll want to iron this out before you actually take it further.

http://i.imgur.com/7s7A5.png

Trigs
22-06-2012, 06:25 AM
Recruiting staff!

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=751975&p=7579854

Fifty-Six
22-06-2012, 07:21 AM
I find the layout of your site a bit dark. This is just personal preference, of course, but I think adding a brighter background would make the site more appealing on first glance.

Out of your suggestions I prefer Habbzilla.

Samantha
22-06-2012, 08:22 AM
This bobbafaces is this like the real vs. Habbo thing we have, habzilla imo.

Trigs
22-06-2012, 03:36 PM
This bobbafaces is this like the real vs. Habbo thing we have, habzilla imo.

Sorry what?

Reventix
01-04-2013, 04:10 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/ztlj.png

Can anyone guess what name i like the most? :P
Off Topic: Your signature is amazing
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __
On Topic: I think urHabbo is the best, as I have an Idea or to for it

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!