PDA

View Full Version : Merching on habbo

CatFlaps
18-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Has merching ever been tried on habbo? like in runescape, large groups of people will buy out as much of one item in the marketplace as possible til they are almost impossible for other people to get so they go on high demand and the price increases a huge amount at which time everyone will sell items again. Just wondering has this ever been tried on habbo using the marketplace and would it work?

Thread moved here by Martin (Forum Super Moderator): From 'Habbo In General' as its more suited here.

Lewis
18-06-2012, 11:53 AM
Yes it has, and it normally works.

lawrawrrr
18-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Happens quite a lot, some people are successful and some people aren't! I always tend to buy furni that straight away goes down in price ;;

CatFlaps
18-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Ah thanks, so do people do it by themselves or do large groups do it like they do on runescape? How come i've never heard of this do they have their own seperate websites or something?

lawrawrrr
18-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Ah thanks, so do people do it by themselves or do large groups do it like they do on runescape? How come i've never heard of this do they have their own seperate websites or something?

It's just by themselves, there are a few Habbo Groups which are based on merching/prof but no actual websites. It's less serious than on rs ;)

CatFlaps
18-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Oh thanks im guessing its only the amazingly rich habbos then :p yeah ill keep an eye out for groups, this should be bigger as i would have thought people would make loads from it

lawrawrrr
18-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Well people who have like a few credits do go to shops and try to get a good deal, then sell it on for more, but everyone tries this so it doesn't usuuuaallly work :(

Pigperson
18-06-2012, 07:11 PM
I love the economics of this but Habbo have so much of each furni, this is only really possible with Super Rares and I guess people do do this. I remember someone buying loads of Black Dinos and had like 400-500 at one point but it's expensive to get loads.

Will

Samantha
18-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Merching on Habbo? Really, it's all you ever see! People always attempting to get a good deal and some down right refusing to pay the correct price. Yes it has been done and I did gain a bit of profit from it when I was at my peak.

I know there are 'group rooms' or at least one about merching but that's all I know in that sense!

Special
18-06-2012, 07:41 PM
it already happens, apart from the part where you say 'at which time everyone will sell items again' which in most cases everyone just hogs the furni

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!