PDA

View Full Version : Phone Upgrades? Help Me Please

Emmz
19-06-2012, 07:11 PM
Hey everyone, i have the chance to upgrade my phone from today but i really dont know what to choose. Firstly before i give you the options im going to explain the history of my phones which could get quite confusing :P

Firstly i had a blackberry, then my mum got an iphone 3gs, i liked her 3gs so i bought myself one , was happy for around 5 months and then got bored of it and decided i wanted to go back to my blackberry. My blackberry had broken from not using it so then i got a refund and bought a blackberry 9300 and bought a pay as you go sim and topped up for my bbm ect and have the iphone just for texts and calls. However i dont like the keyboard on the iphone and i dont like the autocorrect feature or with it turned off. However altho im using the blackberry for bbm, im starting to get bored of it again.

So i just called tmobile up and they offered a blackberry 93600, a blackberry 9320 or a htc desire C. The only thing is i dont know anything about htc's so im not sure if its going to be like the iphone over again, But if i get the contract on blackberry i may get bored of it, and also it would go from being £9 for my iphone , too £15. I Have always wanted to try a HTC As its different but i may not like it, and also it would be £15 which isnt too bad apart from the fact my mum is paying for it at the moment LOL :)

if i was too keep the iphone and contract as it is at the moment, or get the htc, i would keep my blackberry on pay as you go. If i got the blackberry contract i would only have that as my phone

So can anyone tell me what they would do in my situation, and if anyone has any reviews or experiences with these phones, some info would be great :)

Thanks and sorry its so long haha

Thread moved here by Martin (Forum Super Moderator): From 'Technology Discussion' as its more suited here.

samsaBEAR
20-06-2012, 09:11 AM
I'd personally go for the HTC, mainly because I prefer Android over the BlackBerry OS. Don't really understand why you have two phones to do the job of one

Samantha
20-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Yeah I'm with Sam, I have a HTC explorer that's on a 3 contract (amazing deal) and so far I haven't had any problems.

However, I'm a girl who (used to) despise touch-screen phones so before that I had a LG GT350 which had the keyboard and the touch screen then went to a T-Mobile Rapport which only had a touch screen, but the HTC is most of the time ok for the keyboard but it's more difficult for me as I'm not used to the touch screens. I think a HTC is a wide choice though!

Metric1
26-06-2012, 05:26 PM
HTC's are poverty phones. Get the Blackberry!!!

GoldenMerc
26-06-2012, 05:41 PM

Blackberrys are for wanabe business men
Android is the geeks way to heaven :)

Metric1
26-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Blackberrys are for wanabe business men
Android is the geeks way to heaven :)

HTC's are for people who want a smart phone but can't afford a data plan over here.. you don't need a data plan to run them loll

GoldenMerc
26-06-2012, 05:52 PM
HTC's are for people who want a smart phone but can't afford a data plan over here.. you don't need a data plan to run them loll

You don't need a data plan to run any phone i don't think :P other than iPhones..

Kieran
26-06-2012, 05:53 PM

Well that arguement could be used for any smart phone. You don't NEED a data plan to use any of them but the whole point of being a smart phone is you do. Any HTC phone will benefit from a data plan in the UK as it's running the Android operating system.

USA has a pretty backwards mobile phone network from what I saw of living there for 6 months.

mrwoooooooo
26-06-2012, 05:56 PM
Blackberry's are so good that RIM (company that makes them) are trying to sell their Blackberry phone business to anyone who will buy it...

xxMATTGxx
26-06-2012, 05:58 PM

Blackberry have been going down hill for the past couple of years and they will struggle to do so as they can't come out with products that will compete with other platforms such as: iOS, Android and WP.

Shar
26-06-2012, 11:48 PM
many people who have had blackberrys have now switched to iphones or an android phone. I'd go for the htc :)

Metric1
29-06-2012, 02:47 AM
To get a Blackberry over here you have to sign-up for a data plan, HTC's don't require you to do this.

Recursion
29-06-2012, 07:35 AM
HTC One X or the Samsung Galaxy S3, both are the latest and greatest phones out there.

santa-my-nana
29-06-2012, 08:01 AM
go for the htc but ask for a differant one

Htc one X is the newest HTC but the better htc out there is HTC sensation XL which is the second newest one, and is better in my opinion

samsaBEAR
29-06-2012, 04:31 PM
go for the htc but ask for a differant one

Htc one X is the newest HTC but the better htc out there is HTC sensation XL which is the second newest one, and is better in my opinion
Explain to me how the Sensation is better than the One X

santa-my-nana
29-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Explain to me how the Sensation is better than the One X

it depends what you like the HTC one X is better for photography and the sensation is more social media & music phone. there both completely differant types of phones but by the same make but I think sensations better because thats what I like. but it depends what you like though depending on which htc you want.

samsaBEAR
29-06-2012, 07:40 PM
it depends what you like the HTC one X is better for photography and the sensation is more social media & music phone. there both completely differant types of phones but by the same make but I think sensations better because thats what I like. but it depends what you like though depending on which htc you want.
Considering the One X has everything the Sensation has in terms of social apps and music, I'm not really sure what you're on about but I'm sure you know best!

Seikou
29-06-2012, 08:03 PM
personally i hate htcs, i just don't like them, so i reccomend not getting one. i got rid of mine and got a blackberry.

Emmz
28-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Hi everyone, i ended up getting the blackberry 9320 lol :) Thanks for all your input, sadly i dont know why but i never got any notifications that people had replied at the time :S

Chippiewill
28-09-2012, 10:34 PM
Some people just don't like on-screen keyboards and that's ok, in that instance Blackberry is the way to go so you made the right choice. But you have to bear in mind that BB is a dying eco-system as RIM is losing all of it's coporate focus as Android and the iPhone add company favouring features so RIM is highly likely to die off within a few years. BB definately are the best hardware keyboards at the moment.

personally i hate htcs, i just don't like them
Why would you state an opinion and not justify it?

I had a HTC Hero a while back and it was great.

Emmz
28-09-2012, 10:52 PM
yeah, the only reason why i chose the blackberry is because of the keyboard, however as far as apps and that i know that android and apple have better apps and are more stable :) Touch screen phones dont seem to be for me, but anything else that has a touch screen seems to be fine so maybe its just i have not found the right touch screen phone, oh well the blackberry will keep me for now haha :)

Chippiewill
28-09-2012, 11:29 PM
HTC have made a number of physical keyboard android phones, bit late now but in a couple of years time they might end up making a really great physical keyboard phone.

GoldenMerc
28-09-2012, 11:30 PM
HTC have made a number of physical keyboard android phones, bit late now but in a couple of years time they might end up making a really great physical keyboard phone.

G1 was good in the day! At one point best android phone

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Chippiewill
28-09-2012, 11:31 PM
At one point best android phone
At one point only android phone available to consumers.

samsaBEAR
02-10-2012, 08:05 PM
A lot of Android fans have been asking for a phone with a physical keyboard, it's only a matter of time before an OEM jumps at that oppertunity. I wouldn't be surprised that, if the rumours are true that there will be five Nexus devices announced soon, one of them will one a keyboard.

mrwoooooooo
02-10-2012, 08:07 PM
A lot of Android fans have been asking for a phone with a physical keyboard, it's only a matter of time before an OEM jumps at that oppertunity. I wouldn't be surprised that, if the rumours are true that there will be five Nexus devices announced soon, one of them will one a keyboard.
doubt it, keyboards on phones are a thing of the past. GET WITH THE TIMES PEOPLE

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!