PDA

View Full Version : habbo moderation

October
21-06-2012, 03:54 AM
so a lot of habbos seem to want more human moderators
and then safety experts say that sulake should invest in using technology like crisp thinking to help with human moderation

which says you?

I don't think it'd be probable for human moderators to go through all those lines of chat on their own efficiently, and may end up missing things (which is sort of what led to this whole channel 4 thing)
but on the flip side, i reckon if we get technology it'd be more automated responses and us getting in trouble for saying something the machine takes out of context (not like the human moderators do anyways).

Fifty-Six
21-06-2012, 04:33 AM
I think at the very minimum there need to be English language support staff...
Couldn't Sulake invest in a working automated system whilst also employing personnel to oversee the system? Hopefully that could get rid of the generic responses and bans for 'CFH abuse'.

Nath.
21-06-2012, 04:23 PM
I think that the moderators should have less of the automated responses, and now and again pop up in some rooms to socialize!

Red
21-06-2012, 04:25 PM
I think maybe a combination of both? I'm not sure what crisp thinking is about since I haven't looked into it. However I just don't want it as strict as the likes of cub penguin. I just want moderation to stop being outsourced to non-english speaking countries and to hire local ones. Less automated responses, mods coming into rooms wouldn't go a miss either.

Dublyu
21-06-2012, 04:35 PM
I think with human moderation that sulake should implement a system which would flag up certain words for example, telephone number, number's over eleven digits, msn, skype and so on so fourth which could be looked into by human moderation checking that the conversation is not going in a direction it shouldn't. I think it would be a good idea to have a red alert button of some kind for extreme cases although I do see why this wouldn't be an option due to the amount of abuse this would get. What i'm suggesting is a button for any cases where someone is in a room witnessing or a person is being harrased in a sexual way or being trolled this would act as an emergency moderation issue.

Pigperson
21-06-2012, 04:38 PM
Mods can't really go through ever chat, the best way is to just skim through lots of chats and an English support system is vital.

Will

Storking
21-06-2012, 04:43 PM
They shouldn't be screening every line of chat, the game might be aimed at 13 year olds but it's also aimed at and used by A LOT of teens over 16/18. They just need to be watching reports properly, if someone is offended by a user's chat then they should be reporting it and human moderators handle the report.

The media and Habbo make it sound overly complicated by mentioning "millions of monthly users", when infact Habbo.com's user count ranges from 1000-10,000 at any one time.

Taking into account that not every single Habbo would be sending CFHs and there would be a few moderators on duty at any one time (I have no idea what the real facts are).. I don't think it's even that hard for them to deal with.

The MODs don't even have to type anything considering most replies are pre-typed for them, what is really difficult about checking chatlogs and correcting dealing with the reports and then earning a daily wage for it? :rolleyes:

lawrawrrr
21-06-2012, 04:45 PM
There needs to be a combination of staff and computer moderation. Staff physcially can't scan chat as quick as computers can, the machines should be picking up alert phrases for the moderators to actually deal with...

Ry.
27-06-2012, 07:55 AM
I remember what moderation used to be like back when each hotel was separated into country's and when the moderators were all humans and you could actually socialize with them and they would come into public rooms or private rooms to chat with users
this was good as i felt it made you feel safe knowing that they were always watching and a friendly helpful moderator was not far away if you actually needed help or called for them....

Just think in real life you feel safe when you see a Police officer near you or around the same area you are because you know they are going to prevent and stop trouble i feel its the same with moderators in the hotel.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!