PDA

View Full Version : so is Habbo Dead as a chat site and now just a place to derp about ?

Splatulated
21-06-2012, 12:18 PM
also when did this mass mute happen o.0 ? last time i was on was like march and all i did was send a messedge to my 2 remaining friends saying I was quitting through the minimail thing

whats point habbo if cant chat?

does the mute include guest book ?

Samantha
21-06-2012, 12:24 PM
It happened on Tuesday 12th June!

Homepages don't work so yes it includes Guest Books.

Splatulated
21-06-2012, 12:32 PM
well was fun while it lasted :/

guess gonna be fully devoted to Mabinogi now

Red
21-06-2012, 12:40 PM
We are going to be unmated dw! Habbo had a press report conducted on it by channel 4 which is the reason for the global mute. Currently better safety measures are being discussed. Apparently the hotel will start to be unmuted by Tuesday.

GoldenMerc
21-06-2012, 01:15 PM
We are going to be unmated dw! Habbo had a press report conducted on it by channel 4 which is the reason for the global mute. Currently better safety measures are being discussed. Apparently the hotel will start to be unmuted by Tuesday.
So long away :/

Splatulated
21-06-2012, 07:12 PM
will habbos that had nothing to do with the cause fo the ban get compensation ?

Red
21-06-2012, 07:15 PM
Vip will be reimbursed if you have it..

Fifty-Six
21-06-2012, 10:39 PM
Compensation was given in the form of the heart badge and the torch trophy, if you consider that compensation.

Splatulated
22-06-2012, 06:29 PM
Compensation was given in the form of the heart badge and the torch trophy, if you consider that compensation.

how do you get the torch trophy ?

i think i just got the heart badge

Special
22-06-2012, 06:33 PM
habbo will be no where near as good as it was pre-mute, they will have lost hundreds of players

Fifty-Six
22-06-2012, 08:09 PM
how do you get the torch trophy ?

i think i just got the heart badge

Torch trophy was given to users who logged in last week (possibly have to go to the welcome lounge also). Not sure if they're handing them out currently.

e5
22-06-2012, 09:37 PM
Not our hotel. That Spain and Brazil starting Tuesday, from what I understood.

Grimmauld
26-06-2012, 10:29 PM
as soon as i heard about this, it immediately cracked me up haha

Inseriousity.
26-06-2012, 10:34 PM

Lol unmated. you can say that again. no more BED<333333333333 rooms to chill out and try to have a conversation with someone while they're *-TAKES OFF CLOTHES- on the bed next to you.

Red
26-06-2012, 10:37 PM
LMFAO. I realised after it was too late to edit Inseriousity; :( Tuesday now and still no unmute. sobs.

PiippBB
26-06-2012, 10:50 PM
If they don't lift the mute soon, then possibly. I gather a lot of players have already left, though I expect a large sum of those players will return when the mute is lifted, depending on the changes. I think most of them just 'their toys out of the pram' at the fact they couldn't speak and actively made out they were quitting to make a statement against Habbo and show their anger. I honestly expect a lot of them to return, especially those who have spent money on the site. But the continuation of this mute into a third week, is really going to damage the community, especially as the mute on .com could last for a few more weeks yet. I remember one of the first comments I read on the mute the night it was imposed. Not the exact wording, but it was basically a poster on here saying: 'No community would survive more than a month of silence, no matter how strong the community. Habbo is no exception.' At first I brushed it off because I honestly believed the mute would last a few days at most. It's only now that that comment really sticks in my mind and makes me wonder what the state of .com will be once the mute is lifted.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!