PDA

View Full Version : Baby bunniess!

Meanies
21-06-2012, 04:24 PM
ok where did the animals forum go?

One of our bunnies had her babies on emm.. during the night on tuesday and so far I've found 6 in there. They all seem alright and have big plump bellies so she's obviously been giving them her milk. There was one this morning which had creeped out of the nest and into the other part of the hutch though and it was freezing but still alive so I warmed it up and it seems okay now, even though it keeps trying to worm its way back out. There's one which is much smaller than the rest but it seems healthy at the minute so hopefully it's just a case of being the little one.

http://i47.tinypic.com/17pbmc.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/2mfhsvn.jpg

Succubus
21-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Omg they are so cute! Give them some good names ;)

MKR&*42
21-06-2012, 04:36 PM
I want all of them!!!!! They're so cute :love:

As Mariya said, make sure ya choose good names.

Munex
21-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Awwh! I love them. Be sure to give the little one and the suicidal one appropriate names! Also, be careful about the little one not being able to get enough food as the siblings may be too feisty for it to contend with - that's how it works with a lot on animals, I'm not sure about rabbits though!

lawrawrrr
21-06-2012, 04:42 PM
am i the only one who doesn't think they're cute?? (well yet they will be when they have fur ahahah) :P

Got names yet??

Meanies
21-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Omg they are so cute! Give them some good names ;)
They're not for keeps so no names being given! A few might be kept idk yet though, be good if they were :D

Awwh! I love them. Be sure to give the little one and the suicidal one appropriate names! Also, be careful about the little one not being able to get enough food as the siblings may be too feisty for it to contend with - that's how it works with a lot on animals, I'm not sure about rabbits though!
Yeah I'd say it's the same with the bunnies. I saw the mummy feeding them earlier but didnt really see the little one at that point so if it still doesn't have a bloated belly by tomorrow I'll place her over it so it can suckle all on its own

Jssy
21-06-2012, 04:47 PM
Aww sounds like they're doing great, I've never seen actual bunnies before except when we got ours. My dad was friends with a breeder who bred animals for shows and it was a little dutch one with a mark on its ear so he said if we didnt get it he'd trap it in a box and set it on fire to kill it, so yeah not nice breeders out there :(

Red
21-06-2012, 04:52 PM
am i the only one who doesn't think they're cute?? (well yet they will be when they have fur ahahah) :P

Got names yet??

Not gonna lie. Before I seen the thread, I was like aww baby rabbits and then seen them and was like eugh. I don't think they are cute yet :(

Meanies
21-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Aww sounds like they're doing great, I've never seen actual bunnies before except when we got ours. My dad was friends with a breeder who bred animals for shows and it was a little dutch one with a mark on its ear so he said if we didnt get it he'd trap it in a box and set it on fire to kill it, so yeah not nice breeders out there :(
Oh that's just mean. I was reading that you're supposed to kill the babies if they look deformed in any way so that they don't suffer at all, but I wouldn't be able to. I'd rather let it try and survive, but then it isn't fair on the baby if it's going to suffer, goes around in a circle with the rights and wrongs of it tbh.

Not gonna lie. Before I seen the thread, I was like aww baby rabbits and then seen them and was like eugh. I don't think they are cute yet :(
They'll get cute ok! Their mum has like really velvety fur so I hope they do too, don't know what the dad looks like because we left her with some person who has rabbits and he put one in with her. I hope they come out grey like she is :(

Absently
21-06-2012, 04:56 PM
they're hideous and pink. vile

Jssy
21-06-2012, 04:58 PM
Aw I know :( It just saddened me that there's greedy show breeders like him. What breed are your bunnies? :)

Meanies
21-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Aw I know :( It just saddened me that there's greedy show breeders like him. What breed are your bunnies? :)

Even if it wasn't 'up to standards' for showing, at least just sell or give it away to a good home.. no point killing the poor thing over a little mark.

I'll be honest, I don't really know. We bought most of them from a guy because we saw a sign saying rabbits for a tenner. Ended up leaving with 15 of them (we were already planning to breed rabbits so was by chance we saw the sign). There were about 9 that look like hares (the wild rabbits) but they aren't wild, they're really tame. There's 2 lop eared ones a pure white one and 3 that are white and brown and they're all about 2 and a half months old now. Then we adopted two which are a bit older, I know the female is about 3 and she's the one which just had babies. The other adopted one was a boy and he got 'the chop' so he's just a pet at home. I should really find out what breeds they are for when we start selling them though :O

Matthew
21-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Aww make sure you post pictures when they grow up! :D

Fifty-Six
21-06-2012, 05:13 PM
Haha they look pretty cute. :) might look a bit better once their hair comes in

Stephen
21-06-2012, 05:16 PM
lol at people saying they're cute

it's like in 101 dalmations when cruella de ville gets all excited and they're just little pink rats

Chris
21-06-2012, 05:21 PM
N'aww they're so cute, I want one! :(

Martin
21-06-2012, 05:28 PM
aww they are adorable

Jssy
21-06-2012, 05:40 PM
awww you must post pics in a week or too when they've grown more :D

Meanies
26-06-2012, 06:00 PM

Got names yet??

Aww make sure you post pictures when they grow up! :D

Haha they look pretty cute. :) might look a bit better once their hair comes in

N'aww they're so cute, I want one! :(

aww they are adorable

awww you must post pics in a week or too when they've grown more :D

Ok they're 6 days old now and are starting to get their fur, which is actually quite thick for the age they are. I'm not sure if they're going to stay white or change to another colour because we don't know what colour the dad is. I'm going to miss their eyes opening though cus I won't see them for 2 weeks :(

http://i50.tinypic.com/2u8vvj8.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/10ndy4p.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/t5jgud.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/2v0cyrl.jpg

fefobobo
26-06-2012, 06:01 PM
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

lawrawrrr
26-06-2012, 06:01 PM
ok now they're cute!! how's the runt/escapee doing?

geo
26-06-2012, 06:08 PM
AWWWW they're so cute with fur now. omg omg adorable!

Lee
26-06-2012, 06:21 PM
Cute wabbits, glad they're doing ok!

Chris
26-06-2012, 06:24 PM
Oh wow they've changed so quickly! They're adorable haha! How is the smaller one that was struggling to get in on the food getting on?

Shar
26-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Awww they are adorable

Meanies
26-06-2012, 06:58 PM
ok now they're cute!! how's the runt/escapee doing?

Oh wow they've changed so quickly! They're adorable haha! How is the smaller one that was struggling to get in on the food getting on?

The little one is still a good bit smaller than the rest but seems to be coming along well! There isn't any signs of any problems with it, just that it's skin is still a big saggy but I'm sure it'll grow into it.

As for the escapee, they still like to worm their way around the hutch but not quite as much anymore, there was one the other day which nearly fell out the door when I opened it because it was leant right up against it. I wish I was going to be there for when they open their eyes and start wandering around for themselves, but I suppose the sun does seem more appealing, there'll be more baby rabbits in a few months!

Empired
26-06-2012, 08:45 PM

Agreeing with this tbh. They will be cute but they need fur to look like a proper rabbit in my opinion. Give it two weeks, I say.

Hollie
26-06-2012, 10:21 PM
awww they look so much cuter with fur :P i recently got a couple of rabbits when they were about 8 weeks and they were soo cute

Meanies
29-06-2012, 04:49 PM
I have bad news, the little small runty one was dead this morning :( Was kind of expecting it to happen since it was the same size as it was when it was born, whilst the rest were ten times bigger. To make it a bit more happy, some of the others are starting to open their eyes :D

Empired
29-06-2012, 05:22 PM
I have bad news, the little small runty one was dead this morning :( Was kind of expecting it to happen since it was the same size as it was when it was born, whilst the rest were ten times bigger. To make it a bit more happy, some of the others are starting to open their eyes :D

Omg this is so sad :( is it because it'd been left out in the cold that time?

Absently
29-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Omg this is so sad :( is it because it'd been left out in the cold that time?It most likely died because it's the runt, it would have found it hard to fight for food, since the rest were quite large compared to that one. When pasta checked his belly the other day all he could feel was ribs, knew it was gonna die from that :(

Empired
29-06-2012, 05:48 PM
It most likely died because it's the runt, it would have found it hard to fight for food, since the rest were quite large compared to that one. When pasta checked his belly the other day all he could feel was ribs, knew it was gonna die from that :(

Aww :( I got the runt from a litter of puppies but seeing as we only have the one dog she doesn't need to compete for anything, right? Aw that poor rabbit though!

Meanies
29-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Aww :( I got the runt from a litter of puppies but seeing as we only have the one dog she doesn't need to compete for anything, right? Aw that poor rabbit though!

They only really need to compete for anything when they're still with the mummy since she's the only one who can feed them the milk they need, but I wouldn't really say the fact it would have struggled to get food was the only cause of death. Since it was born, it was much smaller than the rest and it's skin was still saggy, whereas the rest fitted their skin fine and have developed perfectly well, yet the one that died stayed the same size and showed no signs of progress, but I guess that's just how nature goes, with any litter you shouldn't be expecting them all to survive, one or two will most likely not make it.

Absently
29-06-2012, 09:54 PM
They only really need to compete for anything when they're still with the mummy since she's the only one who can feed them the milk they need, but I wouldn't really say the fact it would have struggled to get food was the only cause of death. Since it was born, it was much smaller than the rest and it's skin was still saggy, whereas the rest fitted their skin fine and have developed perfectly well, yet the one that died stayed the same size and showed no signs of progress, but I guess that's just how nature goes, with any litter you shouldn't be expecting them all to survive, one or two will most likely not make it.
Like when Betty had her puppies, the two that looked like Bon Bon died :'(

Paige.
29-06-2012, 10:00 PM
aww so sad that one died :(
they're so cute awwwwwwwwwwwww

-:Undertaker:-
29-06-2012, 10:10 PM
Adorable, I want them all.

And does anybody else notice how much cuter rabbits are when you call them 'bunnies'? :P

Meanies
30-06-2012, 05:53 PM
closeup pictures!! i only managed to get two because the mummy bunny kept coming over investigating

http://i47.tinypic.com/m9orh0.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/2lbygy9.jpg

and heres the mummy bunny
http://i47.tinypic.com/v5l2e9.jpg

Martin
30-06-2012, 10:07 PM
awww what stunning pictures! They really are SO SO cute! :D

Chris
30-06-2012, 10:08 PM

Awwh no :( Such a shame but you tried to help him along and did the best you could.

closeup pictures!! i only managed to get two because the mummy bunny kept coming over investigating

http://i47.tinypic.com/m9orh0.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/2lbygy9.jpg

and heres the mummy bunny
http://i47.tinypic.com/v5l2e9.jpg

Aww how adorable!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!