PDA

View Full Version : Updates for an old player

notahabbo
22-06-2012, 02:14 AM
So, I quit habbo back in 2009 and now I am back. So much has changed with trading that I am a little confused. Any tips?

And why are HC sofas trading for just 3 credits??
and not strictly related to trading, but to avoid making a new thread: I am a skateboard slider level XII according to my inventory, but the badge says level II.... any ideas why this is?

Kittysoft
22-06-2012, 07:11 AM
Habbos now use credits as the main currency. I've seen HC Sofas sell for as little as 1c!

Badges with levels above X have a black banner with the X not visible.

Fifty-Six
22-06-2012, 07:15 AM
So, I quit habbo back in 2009 and now I am back. So much has changed with trading that I am a little confused. Any tips?

And why are HC sofas trading for just 3 credits??
and not strictly related to trading, but to avoid making a new thread: I am a skateboard slider level XII according to my inventory, but the badge says level II.... any ideas why this is?

Sofas lost value especially after the English language hotel merge as well as after introduction of the new VIP/HC. Coins and GB's are now the primary currency used.

The majority of the badges were redone and levels added up to 20 whereas previously 10 was the highest. All badges level 10+ have a black banner with a coloured backdrop.

DPS
22-06-2012, 09:13 AM
Honestly just quit again, dont let yourself back into the Habbo life.

lawrawrrr
22-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Most HCs go for 3 for 5c, the values were all messed up when the hotels merged. The skateboard thing, there's no XII badge, it LOOKS like it goes I, II, etc etc, X, I, II, etc, but if you wear the badge and hover over it in the infomatic, it will say XII!

notahabbo
22-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Seriously, what is this * and how did everyone stand for it!? I am worth like <10% of what I was back in 09, and all I got was 10 crappy red box things which are worthless! And now I am addicted again, even w/o chat. FML

Samantha
22-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Yeah in the merge Habbo released a list of items that would be compensated with an Ultramarine, a Carp or an Ultra Machine (only one colour was given though).

HCs decreased in value for a variety of reasons, mainly due to the merge as a lot of players were selling them for credits just so they didn't risk losing credits after the merge, this instigated a drop in the value and it has never been above 3 credits since! I've seen players before attempt to get 13 credits for them still assuming that they were that price when they left.

Now, another thing was the Marketplace, due to it adding 1c commission and people always trying to bump another offer to ensure they were the first in it, this also causes values to go down too. Another main contributor imo.

Also, due to the amount of HC sofas in the Marketplace (not usually less then 200) there isn't really a way to boost up the value again as you'd have to buy every single one in there just to bump it up!

The badge goes from I-X like they did before, then it goes to a black I, black II, etc. until you get the XX badge, these just give you more achievements. There are also more than one Skateboarding badge so you may have got them mixed up too!

notahabbo
22-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Well everything is messed up, and my AUS, CA, UK and SG accounts were deleted during the merge -- all with furni >:l

Has anyone had problems with the free credit surveys? I have done like 20 but only received credits for 4. Is it common for this to happen, and yeah I am doing them right. I don't think it is worth my time and I won't be paying for credits now given what has happened.

Samantha
22-06-2012, 01:00 PM
Well everything is messed up, and my AUS, CA, UK and SG accounts were deleted during the merge -- all with furni >:l

Has anyone had problems with the free credit surveys? I have done like 20 but only received credits for 4. Is it common for this to happen, and yeah I am doing them right. I don't think it is worth my time and I won't be paying for credits now given what has happened.

Yeah the Credit Surveys don't always work, not sure why as sometimes you have to fill them out properly or complete them but it just keeps giving you more and more surverys to fill in.

Also, it's annoying your accounts were deleted I think many got about a year to ensure they were merged and I find it pathetic that the US accounts that weren't active didn't get merged - most of them unless more active got to keep their name too which was another downfall.

notahabbo
22-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Yeah the Credit Surveys don't always work, not sure why as sometimes you have to fill them out properly or complete them but it just keeps giving you more and more surverys to fill in.

Also, it's annoying your accounts were deleted I think many got about a year to ensure they were merged and I find it pathetic that the US accounts that weren't active didn't get merged - most of them unless more active got to keep their name too which was another downfall.

It sucks to be a old habbo then... the thing is on all of my accounts on the non US hotels, furni was traded for my US furni >:l but I'm pretty sure I bought credits on my UK account so why was it deleted?

Anything else I should learn about? I must have been... 17ish when I quit habbo, I am now 21. Pretty sad I am back. I actually came back to see if I can sell my stuff on eBay like people used to do... I guess it is all worthless now!

I will give out rep but I am getting a JavaScript error of all things...

Samantha
22-06-2012, 01:10 PM
It sucks to be a old habbo then... the thing is on all of my accounts on the non US hotels, furni was traded for my US furni >:l but I'm pretty sure I bought credits on my UK account so why was it deleted?

Anything else I should learn about? I must have been... 17ish when I quit habbo, I am now 21. Pretty sad I am back. I actually came back to see if I can sell my stuff on eBay like people used to do... I guess it is all worthless now!

I will give out rep but I am getting a JavaScript error of all things...

I believe they deleted regardless of how much you spent and if you've bought credits etc.

Erm, not really sure what you could learn about so I'll just tell you some things that have occurred.

Plasto has been removed
Ecotron has been removed
Credit exchange is appalling (1c for 2c, 5c for 6c, 10c for 11c, 20c for 21c, 50c for 51c)
Habbo began releasing LTD rares with unique numbers on
They accidently released Freeze! game stuff for free last year
Habbo doesnt care about the community - accuses us of cheating etc.
Habbo is currently in a massive mute due to news reports.
Paul LaFo is the new ceo and has been here for months but has only just started 'listening'
Monster plants are now on habbo - a pet and a plant but they die when not treated.
Habbo released horses and bunnies
You can ride horses and perform tricks and jump over obstacles
A bad bunny was released that swears apparently
Habbo released loads of ranges like USVA, Waasa, COCO, Gardening, Kitchen
The health nut, the kitchen inspector got released
We now have white/vanilla executive
Pixels are leaving soon.
Wired mazes are extremely popular now - with the newish wired furni.
Habbo have taken the mute thing too far
The marketplace is here
habbo is more like a dating site and promotes flirting
We technically dont have a 'Hotel Manager'
Habbo introduced a council for a couple of weeks too

More but I can't remember them really.

notahabbo
22-06-2012, 01:17 PM
I had to miss the free furni! Please tell me they undid all the purchases? Hahah

I hate how all the news articles have been replaced with crappy tweets. I can't tell now (because of the mute) but are their less habbos online now than na few years ago (factoring in the merge).

We all knew habbo was just out to make money, but I think they have taken it too far at the expense of the users. E.g. 1credit to buy credits etc

Edit: Oh and my cameras no longer work (10 credits x 10 cameras), you can't see my awesome scripted photos (not that I made them :D)... so what is the point of having them... and my 5 trax machines are pointless now and you can't even trade them!

Samantha
22-06-2012, 01:33 PM
I had to miss the free furni! Please tell me they undid all the purchases? Hahah

I hate how all the news articles have been replaced with crappy tweets. I can't tell now (because of the mute) but are their less habbos online now than na few years ago (factoring in the merge).

We all knew habbo was just out to make money, but I think they have taken it too far at the expense of the users. E.g. 1credit to buy credits etc

Edit: Oh and my cameras no longer work (10 credits x 10 cameras), you can't see my awesome scripted photos (not that I made them :D)... so what is the point of having them... and my 5 trax machines are pointless now and you can't even trade them!

No they didn't undo the purchases, they kept them and some got over 2000 furni items. However, of course this did create a decrease in value and they used to sell 1c per or 2 for 1c at the minimum and now they're more like 4-10 for 1c.

The tweets are annoying as not everyone gets heard, Paul is rather ignorant to say the least even though he says he isn't. Mainly there are less Habbos online due to the mute but there isn't a massive amount on when it's not there. Basically I believe the peak is 10,000 online and before the merge didn't US and UK get that each day haha?

Oh yeah Cameras were meant to come back, however, due to the controversy of sexualised Habbo I doubt they would come back. Trax do have an achievement you can earn and Mega JukeBoxes were tradeable for a short while.

Another thing, Habbo make promises and don't adhere to them, well they tell us different features will come soon but we're still waiting lmao!

Camcorder
22-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Another cool new furni is the water patches! Was really excited when I first saw them haha. I came back recently and am almost completely adapted to the changes (a bit p.o. about the HC sofas- I left with about 70 thinking I was moderately rich haha). Should've traded them for credits.

Also if you get coins from games, I find it's better to just go to trade shops and buy furni there, rather than purchasing from the market place (because of commission).

The mute thing is quite ridiculous. No idea why it's still going on. If kids can't decide what is right then they should learn before being let on the internet. Can't this Paul man realize there is no way to ensure Habbo is 100% "safe?" He is taking the reports too seriously.

Pigperson
22-06-2012, 05:25 PM
To put it simply the merge totally turned the values of rares upside down. Incredibly rare things have gone down in value and common things have gone up. That is the big event that has changed the hotel a lot.

Will

notahabbo
22-06-2012, 06:15 PM
To put it simply the merge totally turned the values of rares upside down. Incredibly rare things have gone down in value and common things have gone up. That is the big event that has changed the hotel a lot.

WillI had... what were they called... rare norms? Things like cherry trees, bathroom furni, the red flower thing etc which are now in the catalogue RAGE

Anyway, I have 30 credits. Wut do?

I kind of want a horse or a lion, but these are a waste of credits because you can't trade them.... and my , none of those nice horse stables or anything :D

Pigperson
23-06-2012, 12:52 PM
I had... what were they called... rare norms? Things like cherry trees, bathroom furni, the red flower thing etc which are now in the catalogue RAGE

Anyway, I have 30 credits. Wut do?

I kind of want a horse or a lion, but these are a waste of credits because you can't trade them.... and my , none of those nice horse stables or anything :D

Pets are fun for the first few days that you have them, especially horses because you can ride them and do jumps etc. Although the credits will be wasted in my opinion. It really depends on what you want to do, if you want to make more credits, then merchandise and buy stuff cheap and sell for more :D

Will

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!