PDA

View Full Version : Desktop App

alede
22-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Hey I have been wondering what is the best Software out there to help me create a Desktop for Windows 7.

I want to try and make something like Habbox Live Desktop PC.

Any ideas, +REP for anyone who can suggest good ones.

I am only learning so not really wanting to spend money yet. (I will in the future.) But I have to start somewhere.

Thank you.

Tomm
22-06-2012, 10:38 PM
I think you are asking the wrong question. There are a number of different languages available that you could potentially use to make a desktop application. If you want a cross platform application you could use something like Java or C++ with Qt. Although if you just want a Windows application then you could use C++/C#/VB with the visual studio express editions http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/products/2010-editions/express

GoldenMerc
22-06-2012, 11:30 PM
Maybe worth asking @Detafrice;
As he developed a nice Desktop app for Tehupload

Stephen
24-06-2012, 07:34 PM
he has some video tutorials for visual c++ somewhere with his sexy voice

Jutnux
24-06-2012, 08:51 PM
he has some video tutorials for visual c++ somewhere with his sexy voice http://vimeo.com/4098982 "And then boom"

HotelUser
27-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Hey I have been wondering what is the best Software out there to help me create a Desktop for Windows 7.

I want to try and make something like Habbox Live Desktop PC.

Any ideas, +REP for anyone who can suggest good ones.

I am only learning so not really wanting to spend money yet. (I will in the future.) But I have to start somewhere.

Thank you.

Well-- if you want it to be similar to the HabboxLive app, you could look into Java or Qt, which is an awesome c++ developing environment by Nokia. Although the HabboxLive app was developed in Java.

For something light weight like a radio application you would have an easier time using something like XULRunner, which makes it very easy to design desktop apps if you have experience in web development.

Dentafrice
28-06-2012, 08:08 PM
haha woah! Too many years ago :)

Recursion
28-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Python and PyQt is very nice once you get to know it, recently had to do some Uni coursework with it and found it fairly easy once I'd grasped the oddities of Qt.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!