PDA

View Full Version : News articles coming back?

Lewis
24-06-2012, 11:51 AM
I found this from the Great Unmute...

http://www.habbo.com/articles/2925-

Nick
24-06-2012, 11:56 AM
Yea i seen that to. I don't think they will bring them back though

santa-my-nana
24-06-2012, 11:57 AM
I hope they do, I liked the news articles more to the twitter crap

Lewis
24-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Yea i seen that to. I don't think they will bring them back though

I'm sure I also heard Paul a while back saying they might bring it back due to demand :o

geo
24-06-2012, 12:02 PM
meh, kinda hope they do. i read them from time to time, depends what they were about. :)

MKR&*42
24-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Omg please, please, please, please bring them back LOL. I like the newsreel and think that should stay, but I'd kill to have full-length articles return xD.

ickles
24-06-2012, 12:24 PM
It would be nice to see them back.

Jarkie
24-06-2012, 12:25 PM
I'm not even sure why they got removed in the first place? I used to love reading articles. I hope they do bring them back!

lawrawrrr
24-06-2012, 12:29 PM
They said a while ago on the UserVoice they were bringing proper articles back a bit!!

Michael
24-06-2012, 12:40 PM
That was just a place for them to post peoples comments on the mute, it doesn't mean articles are coming back.

dbgtz
24-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Give me my ******* home back.

JerseySafety
24-06-2012, 12:52 PM
YES PLEEEEEAAASSSEE. get rid of twitter & facebook crap. we want original habbo back! bring back GOOD comps to while your at it. not this 'where is the gb located' ****.

SackRace
24-06-2012, 12:55 PM
Yes please, and the original habbo home page back!!!

e5
24-06-2012, 12:58 PM
I wish they would. Like I used to love the Weekly Habbo or whatever it was called :(

Red
24-06-2012, 12:59 PM
I miss articles SO much. I liked having the news in one place. I really really hope they are brought back!

Jordan
24-06-2012, 01:04 PM
That was just a place for them to post peoples comments on the mute, it doesn't mean articles are coming back.

I thought that the comments that are on the article posted above was due to the competition thing they held in the welcome lounge to give the bots around the hotel some new sayings when everyone got unmuted.

Xedia
24-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Awh I hope they do come back, It was a nice addition to Habbo. Better than having to read twitter to find out information.

DPS
24-06-2012, 01:14 PM
I miss the "Newsie" or w,e it used to be called

Ellz
24-06-2012, 01:16 PM
i hope they bring them back, i quite liked them :)

orientalframe?
24-06-2012, 01:18 PM
i hate the current home page, i don't really care about lost monkey or whatever it shows :(

Camcorder
24-06-2012, 01:19 PM
I miss them! I hate the Facebook/Twitter integration, doesn't feel the least bit Habbo-like; seeing Paul's face next to each tweet kills it a little.

I hope those competitions come back too, especially the article-writing ones!

Michael
24-06-2012, 01:30 PM
I thought that the comments that are on the article posted above was due to the competition thing they held in the welcome lounge to give the bots around the hotel some new sayings when everyone got unmuted.

Oh yes

garriet
24-06-2012, 03:47 PM
i saw that too! i don't think they'll come back though, which is a shame because with the news articles i feel that Habbo could really connect with the community!

Samantha
24-06-2012, 03:49 PM
I hope they bring them back, doubtful though as they don't get involved with the community as much now. I remember when I was on the Council Puffin said that because of the updates the articles couldn't go on there anymore, like the homepage etc.

xxMATTGxx
24-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Bring back the Funky Friday! Was that part of the newsletter they did on a weekly basis? :P

Succubus
24-06-2012, 03:54 PM
I hope they do come back to be honest, I really liked them and it was something different to read for a while, and not everyone on habbo has twitter/facebook let alone the efforts to make one :P

PiippBB
24-06-2012, 04:11 PM
I think they need to reign everything back in and stop encouraging users off the site. I'm sorry, but they face these allegations from C4, yet they seem to be doing everything they can to encourage users OFF the site and on to social media sites. A responsible site aimed at an audience such as Habbo's would not be doing this. Bring everything back to Habbo itself so that users not old enough to use social networking sites aren't forced into visiting them just to read the latest news. Keep the social aspects for older users, keep the newsfeed on there by all means, but don't make it the only form of up to date news; that way younger users won't be encouraged to leave Habbo for up to date news.

Empired
24-06-2012, 05:32 PM
I loved the news articles. If you don't have Twitter you just have to rely on other people telling you what's going on in the world of Habbo..

Don't think they'll bring them back though. When Habbo gets an idea in its head it'd take forty cranes and twelve bulldozers to get it back out.

Pigperson
24-06-2012, 05:56 PM
If they do, it would be good. I find it hard to get some info nowadays.

Will

Fifty-Six
24-06-2012, 06:07 PM
It would bring back that sense of community if they did, especially if the Hotel Managers started writing them (or at least just signing them). I miss the daily news articles. Hope they return.

Chippiewill
24-06-2012, 06:31 PM
I doubt they'll bring them back on the site, they'll probably bring them back but in-client.

What you're looking at is just a remnant from the old system, it's been there all the time.

Aaron
24-06-2012, 07:48 PM
I hope they do bring them back, although I remember Linn (Puffin) mentioning that with the new homepage it wasn't compatible with the new version although they'll try work something out! :P

PiippBB
24-06-2012, 08:08 PM
It would bring back that sense of community if they did, especially if the Hotel Managers started writing them (or at least just signing them). I miss the daily news articles. Hope they return.

Do we even have hotel managers now? I thought we were just down to faceless news articles and Paul's Twitter (for when things hit the fan, lol)

Chippiewill
24-06-2012, 09:13 PM
They scrapped all the in-game staff interaction nearly. The closest thing there is to a HM is Paul and he's really meant to be doing CEO stuff not answering pedantic questions on twitter - although it is appreciated since no other staff is even prepared to open a dialogue.

PiippBB
24-06-2012, 09:17 PM
They scrapped all the in-game staff interaction nearly. The closest thing there is to a HM is Paul and he's really meant to be doing CEO stuff not answering pedantic questions on twitter - although it is appreciated since no other staff is even prepared to open a dialogue.

Thought so. They should really bring it back; it would make the site seem less like an unmoderated chat room for youngsters and restore the sense of community spirit.I find it strange that we even know who the CEO is to be honest, let alone ask him questions on Twitter. Very strange. There should really be someone else to act as the face of Habbo, someone lower down the line following instructions from Paul, but not Paul himself. It's just a strange set up is all. If a customer has a problem at Tescos they speak to a store manager or someone from customer services; not the CEO.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!