PDA

View Full Version : BlackMagic Pro

GoldenMerc
25-06-2012, 11:44 AM
http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/techspecs/
Looking to buy a Intensity Pro in the next few weeks. My computer has 1gb of gfx and 2 of ram. Wondering if it'd actually be able to render etc without crashing?
Ross

Thread moved by Jordan (Forum Super Moderator): From 'Console and Computer Gaming' to here as more suited

David
25-06-2012, 01:08 PM
better asked in tech, no?

Edited by Jordan (Forum Super Moderator): Please leave moderating to the moderators

Stephen
26-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Err how was Dave.; attempting to moderate by saying its better if he asked in the tech forum?

Jack!
26-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Err how was Dave.; attempting to moderate by saying its better if he asked in the tech forum?

This, Such a stupid edit.

On-topic:

I would of thought so yes, but don't expect lighting fast speeds.

GoldenMerc
26-06-2012, 05:22 PM
How fast would it take to render example a 10 minute HD quality video?

mrwoooooooo
26-06-2012, 09:41 PM
watch youtube videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag0V5qI-QR4

Chippiewill
26-06-2012, 10:04 PM
The 2GB of RAM is actually slightly worrying only because if you have the money to splash on a black magic you should really go out and buy yourself a bit more of RAM. Check the specs for the included software, the render times are processor dependant anything Sandy Bridge or later will breeze it although with the 2GB I'm thinking you've just got a Core 2 Duo in which case it may be a little slow. 10 minute 1080p video could potentially take an hour, maybe a little more. On my computer it normally takes 20 minutes though, but it's entirely dependant on initial format, transcoded format, program used etc.

Only way to tell for sure is to test.

It was a pointless post all round because the thread was inevitably going to be moved there, if he was so concerned he should have reported it.

GoldenMerc
26-06-2012, 10:14 PM
The 2GB of RAM is actually slightly worrying only because if you have the money to splash on a black magic you should really go out and buy yourself a bit more of RAM. Check the specs for the included software, the render times are processor dependant anything Sandy Bridge or later will breeze it although with the 2GB I'm thinking you've just got a Core 2 Duo in which case it may be a little slow. 10 minute 1080p video could potentially take an hour, maybe a little more. On my computer it normally takes 20 minutes though, but it's entirely dependant on initial format, transcoded format, program used etc.

Only way to tell for sure is to test.

It was a pointless post all round because the thread was inevitably going to be moved there, if he was so concerned he should have reported it.

Did originally buy two ram sticks but one didn't work and i just carried on. I will replace it but most likely after buying this. 1 hour for rendering isn't really THAT bad, i was hoping to make my computer networked with the other 3 computers so it was sort of a small home PC just for myself. the hdd is low, the ram is low. but maybe i will need to upgrade it all also.

Chippiewill
26-06-2012, 10:18 PM
If you're doing HD Video then you'll want a large hard drive since the black magic will save uncompressed video. For instance Fraps uncompressed 1080p video is around 5GB for three minutes and I'd expect the blackmagic to be similar.

GoldenMerc
26-06-2012, 10:29 PM
Yeh, possibly lurking around a SSD. Was reading about them earlier people were saying generally windows 7 takes 1 minute 40 seconds to load, with a SSD it could take around 25 seconds. which is obviously pretty unbelievable...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!