PDA

View Full Version : Rangers newco

Deak
25-06-2012, 08:41 PM
Looks like the new Rangers will not be joining the SPL this coming season as teams are coming out and saying they will vote against the team to enter the SPL.

Rangers will then in turn look to the Scottish Football League and see if they can enter the first division.

Seems that Celtic fans will be very happy as they will know that they will win the SPL easily on their own for the next couple of years at least.

Thoughts on this?

Lee
25-06-2012, 08:42 PM
Looks like the new Rangers will not be joining the SPL this coming season as teams are coming out and saying they will vote against the team to enter the SPL.

Rangers will then in turn look to the Scottish Football League and see if they can enter the first division.

Seems that Celtic fans will be very happy as they will know that they will win the SPL easily on their own for the next couple of years at least.

Thoughts on this?

SPL just got even worse IMO, bad call :(

Kasabian
25-06-2012, 08:54 PM
SPL just got even worse IMO, bad call :(

Not at all.

Rangers incurred debts that escalated year after year, why should they be given special treatment? Any other club goes into liquidation, and reforms(I've had it happen with Telford, we dropped down 3 leagues). Rangers should be in Irn Bru division 3, not division 1, or voted to be kept in the SPL and that's that.

Oh, and these are the views of a Rangers fan.

Rottentroll
25-06-2012, 09:24 PM
If I was a Celtic fan I wouldn't be happy. Isn't the old firm game what most Celtic/Rangers fans look forward to.

Deak
25-06-2012, 09:28 PM
If I was a Celtic fan I wouldn't be happy. Isn't the old firm game what most Celtic/Rangers fans look forward to.

very true, but at least they will get guaranteed (going on the current SPL) on winning the title every year & guaranteed to gain a place in the Champions League.

I suppose it could be looked at both ways really...

Alba
26-06-2012, 10:31 AM
No. Their demise is sweeter than all victories against them put together. I look forward to Celtic games because I love the club, not because I hate 'Rangers'.

It's not just Celtic fans that are happy at all either. EVERY fan of EVERY club in the SPL want their club to vote no to a Rangers newco. It could be extremely unlikely that they'll even join Division 3 aswell, if 8 of the 30 clubs in the SFL vote against it, then they can't.

Deak
26-06-2012, 10:43 AM
They have also considered the English Leagues too if they cant enter into scottish football.

I would be against it myself, but if it happens then i'm sure it will be ok.

as they say "que sera sera, whatever will be will be!"

Kasabian
26-06-2012, 06:26 PM
They have also considered the English Leagues too if they cant enter into scottish football.

I would be against it myself, but if it happens then i'm sure it will be ok.

as they say "que sera sera, whatever will be will be!"

Aye, strongly linked with Bury football club. Would be an utter farce if it's allowed to happen.

luce
26-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Not at all.

Rangers incurred debts that escalated year after year, why should they be given special treatment? Any other club goes into liquidation, and reforms(I've had it happen with Telford, we dropped down 3 leagues). Rangers should be in Irn Bru division 3, not division 1, or voted to be kept in the SPL and that's that.

Oh, and these are the views of a Rangers fan.

Yeah completely agree with that view. No club should be given special treatment. Also I don't think Celtic will exactly be happy I play for a team that wins the league easy every year and the best game I played this year was the winners out our top league playing the winners of the other islands top league and we lost but it was the most enjoyable game because it was actually competitive.

however it is a blow for the SPL, which is already a poor and unexciting league imo, I guess England is spoilt for choice with it's quality of domestic football.

SackRace
26-06-2012, 07:12 PM
SPL just got worse tbh, I think Rangers have been given far too many punishments and Celtic fans want Rangers out of the league (well 90% of them), but when the season starts and no old firms they will want them back. I love going to the old firm games go every year since 2005. Sad to hear that just about all the players are saying no to the newco situation but these things happen. Up to the players in the end really, mostly the die hard players will play and stay for the team but the ones just in it for the money wont :l

Deak
26-06-2012, 07:22 PM
Only time will tell as to what happens - as to who stays with the newco & what league they will be in

DPS
26-06-2012, 08:01 PM
SPL just got worse tbh, I think Rangers have been given far too many punishments and Celtic fans want Rangers out of the league (well 90% of them), but when the season starts and no old firms they will want them back. I love going to the old firm games go every year since 2005. Sad to hear that just about all the players are saying no to the newco situation but these things happen. Up to the players in the end really, mostly the die hard players will play and stay for the team but the ones just in it for the money wont :l

You got given them because you earned them.. like the stars on the rangers shirt that havent been earned.

Rangers should of played by the rules.

Hail Hail... Celtic <3

Kasabian
26-06-2012, 11:20 PM

Wake up and smell the coffee. Everything Rangers have received has been justified, none of it is too much punishment. You just have a really biased view.

DPS
28-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Wake up and smell the coffee. Everything Rangers have received has been justified, none of it is too much punishment. You just have a really biased view.

Haha thanks for saying this.. someone has to +rep

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!