PDA

View Full Version : Combat Beta is Open!

Matthew
26-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Gonna try it out now :D

DPS
26-06-2012, 03:32 PM
I didnt apply :(

Kyle
26-06-2012, 03:33 PM
will probably try it out tomorrow. I read somewhere that everything is free so if u want screenshots or vid of anything in particular I can prob sort it out

Matthew
26-06-2012, 03:35 PM
beta keeps crashing when i try to speak :l

DPS
26-06-2012, 03:36 PM
lmao oh wait for the skids moaning on rs forums about that matt LOL

Matthew
26-06-2012, 03:39 PM
urgh this is so annoying :/

Matthew
26-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Its so laggy lmfao

managed to import my save though!

It hasn't crashed yet and after 5mins I've managed to tele to lumbridge-

PROGRESS IS BEING MADE!!

Chris
26-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Trying to login but it keep timing out and I cant import my character :(

Matthew
26-06-2012, 04:07 PM
it was lagging so much I just clicked the 'x' in the top right as it wouldn't even respond to me clicking the logout button. Now I can't log back in as I 'haven't signed out form my last session' GROAN

Chris
26-06-2012, 04:11 PM
I'm just gonna wait til later as I don't want to have to start a new character for the beta. Bound to be busy atm due to schools finishing et

Kyle
26-06-2012, 04:17 PM
check out how cute i look with hands

http://i46.tinypic.com/2dvv6yr.png

Kyle
26-06-2012, 04:50 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/2gw8cc4.png

cant drink ovl unless 96 herb ;lll

have to wait ages to wield stuff during combat and a few new prayers for those on curses - leech adreneline and a turmoil type prayer for mages and ranngers

Zelda
26-06-2012, 04:54 PM
Havent applied to get in it, before i pass complete hatred judgements will try it on weekend though but pretty sure im gonna hate it beyond belief ;l

Southe,
26-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Ive only recently started playing again mayb a month before the invites were sent and i got in. on the forums theres outrage don't see why tho.. i dont even care haha can't even do aything due to the lag.

Matthew
26-06-2012, 06:16 PM
Still no luck with the crashing issue :/

IceNineKills
26-06-2012, 06:35 PM
the login screen wont even load for me.

DPS
26-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Nice armor kyle... MAYBE NEVER BEG ME FOR MILLS AGAIN? SKANK ;/

Matthew
26-06-2012, 07:24 PM
could anyone post the requirements to wear/wield the new mage items such as the wands/books?

Zelda
26-06-2012, 07:57 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/2gw8cc4.png

cant drink ovl unless 96 herb ;lll

have to wait ages to wield stuff during combat and a few new prayers for those on curses - leech adreneline and a turmoil type prayer for mages and ranngers

oi thats been reveleaed for ages lol anguish and torment !!!!!!!!

+ the pic ther looks pretty **** tbh dislike the look of how that works

+ wow at the ant drink ovl without 96 herb ;l say hello to unusable ovls me

Matthew
26-06-2012, 09:22 PM
fixed it!

I've been corping for the past hour or so its so fun haha

Chris
26-06-2012, 09:30 PM
Played briefly in the duel arena but it's still too laggy to play properly. Looks good so far though.

Ashley
26-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Thought it was a bit rubbish at first, but now that it's not lagging and I'm used to it, I love it! PvP is great once you've found the perfect combination of abilities, although fights can drag on a bit if you're too evenly matched.

Zelda
26-06-2012, 10:55 PM
Tbh all u need to do is look at forums to realise how hated by the mJority of people this is lol definitely needs to be rs3 or have a public poll on which version we.want

TonyBest
26-06-2012, 11:07 PM
Guys, you can download the RS client and edit the url in the notepad "runescape.prm" to world200 so u can use that for the beta!

EDIT: Change Dcom.jagex.config=http://www.runescape.com/k=3/l=$(Language:0)/jav_config.ws? to Dcom.jagex.config=http://world200.runescape.com/k=3/l=$(Language:0)/jav_config.ws? in the runescape.prm file of the rs client to use the beta servers. The J Mods suggested a different method however it doesnt seem to work.

Hope that helps the lag

Kyle
26-06-2012, 11:28 PM
everything is free! it's like a private server lol, complete with lag

thanks Tony-07; i'll probably do this later

Chris
27-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Guys, you can download the RS client and edit the url in the notepad "runescape.prm" to world200 so u can use that for the beta!

EDIT: Change Dcom.jagex.config=http://www.runescape.com/k=3/l=$(Language:0)/jav_config.ws? to Dcom.jagex.config=http://world200.runescape.com/k=3/l=$(Language:0)/jav_config.ws? in the runescape.prm file of the rs client to use the beta servers. The J Mods suggested a different method however it doesnt seem to work.

Hope that helps the lag

Thanks for that, I'll try it now!

DPS
27-06-2012, 09:27 AM
Oh ok @Kyle you can beg me :)

Matthew
27-06-2012, 10:07 AM
corp seems to be extremely easy... I'm only cb level 165 or something and even in a small team of 4 with easily affordable gear (gano etc) I'm in no danger of dying at all and can last a ton of kills before I need to restock.

Is corp supposed to be this easy for an account that was level 105? :P

IceNineKills
27-06-2012, 02:52 PM

everything is free in the beta. everyone will have torva etc.

EDIT: sorry, didnt see there was a page free and Kyle had already replied.

Kyle
27-06-2012, 04:01 PM
corp seems to be extremely easy... I'm only cb level 165 or something and even in a small team of 4 with easily affordable gear (gano etc) I'm in no danger of dying at all and can last a ton of kills before I need to restock.

Is corp supposed to be this easy for an account that was level 105? :P
it's relatively easy in gano yes

DPS
27-06-2012, 04:45 PM
it also seems that defense is playing a big deal? from what ive heard.

TonyBest
28-06-2012, 11:34 AM
Because of this combat update a friend of me asked if High Alching will still be as fast as it currently is now, so I did a small test, taking some whips from the free store and high alching them (without moving high alch to the ability bar) and it is still as fast. The only issue is trying to line up your mouse but once u got it, its still fast.

Rashelly
01-07-2012, 03:30 PM
Tbh all u need to do is look at forums to realise how hated by the mJority of people this is lol definitely needs to be rs3 or have a public poll on which version we.want

The forums are always full of people moaning. That's literally all it's used for now.
If they really wanted to make a difference, they'd play the beta for more than 10 minutes and give actual, constructive feedback on what works and doesn't work.

Runescape HAS to change or it will die. People really end to accept that and help them change it for the better, or just quit tbh.

Zelda
01-07-2012, 03:43 PM
not true tbh, how can you give constructive criticism about something that completely and utterly fails. People play rs for its simplicity and they only gonna lose more members who are already paying then they will gain back in new members because of it.

Kyle
01-07-2012, 03:59 PM
not true tbh, how can you give constructive criticism about something that completely and utterly fails. People play rs for its simplicity and they only gonna lose more members who are already paying then they will gain back in new members because of it.
It doesn't 'completely and utterly fail', there are some bad points that can (and likely will) be changed. It's called Beta for a reason.

Sure, it looks complicated right now with all these new features. weapons, attacks, "ultimates"... whatever... A lot of things look complicated to begin with... it's just a matter of getting used to them. Y'know, like you did with all other previous updates? Like you do/did with Habbo updates, Facebook updates... etc.

Considering I don't think you yourself have actually tested the beta and seem to just be going from other people's (majority of which being rsof trolls) opinions then you really don't have much of an opinion at all. Try it out, play around a little, go fishing, do whatever. Just don't knock it till you've tried it. No, that doesn't mean log in, have a fight, complain of lag and write it off completely. Explore, train some skills, fight some monsters, perhaps even try a boss or two. I'm sure eventually you will grow comfortable with it and realise that whilst it isn't quite so simplistic as it was in the past (games have to evolve eventually), it has still retained a lot of the features that you know and love. It's the same game, just better.

Zelda
01-07-2012, 04:20 PM
It doesn't 'completely and utterly fail', there are some bad points that can (and likely will) be changed. It's called Beta for a reason.

Sure, it looks complicated right now with all these new features. weapons, attacks, "ultimates"... whatever... A lot of things look complicated to begin with... it's just a matter of getting used to them. Y'know, like you did with all other previous updates? Like you do/did with Habbo updates, Facebook updates... etc.

Considering I don't think you yourself have actually tested the beta and seem to just be going from other people's (majority of which being rsof trolls) opinions then you really don't have much of an opinion at all. Try it out, play around a little, go fishing, do whatever. Just don't knock it till you've tried it. No, that doesn't mean log in, have a fight, complain of lag and write it off completely. Explore, train some skills, fight some monsters, perhaps even try a boss or two. I'm sure eventually you will grow comfortable with it and realise that whilst it isn't quite so simplistic as it was in the past (games have to evolve eventually), it has still retained a lot of the features that you know and love. It's the same game, just better.

Mate i've teamviewed it a few times and tried it ;l + no im not gonna get comfortable with it they making it into what rs is not, i play rs for simplicity and being able to just click something then watch it die not having to click all these different things and stuff, if i wanted that i would play something else ;l + with habbo ive just come to accept they are incapable of doing a good update and that they will just constantly get worse till it dies pretty soon, and facebook i never go on anyway so couldnt care less.

Kyle
01-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Mate i've teamviewed it a few times and tried it ;l + no im not gonna get comfortable with it they making it into what rs is not, i play rs for simplicity and being able to just click something then watch it die not having to click all these different things and stuff, if i wanted that i would play something else ;l + with habbo ive just come to accept they are incapable of doing a good update and that they will just constantly get worse till it dies pretty soon, and facebook i never go on anyway so couldnt care less.
Like I said, try it... For yourself. What exactly is worrying you about it? You don't even PvP and the rest is essentially the same? You can still click a monster and wait for it to die, it's just faster to use abilities, as it would be to use special attacks.

TonyBest
01-07-2012, 07:34 PM
The beta may seem confusing at first but once you play around with the abilities to know what works best for you, it isnt. So don't judge based on footage you have seen of others trying it out, instead try it out for yourself and if you don't like it, try and give feedback on the forums and hopefully ur suggestions get put in by the time it is released (Sometime in September im guessing)

Zelda
01-07-2012, 07:47 PM
you may not ahve got this , but i teamviewed and TRIED IT MYSELF, teamviewer has the ability for u to click urself after all so mmy mate just went afk and let me try it ;l

+ Kyle; its the fact that it's going to ruin a few things -

1) afkness of slayer
2) prices of boss drops because they become easier (they may be being bolstered but as you can see with some vids of it the ultimates just practically 1/2 kill them alone)

DeejayMachoo
02-07-2012, 08:53 AM
you may not ahve got this , but i teamviewed and TRIED IT MYSELF, teamviewer has the ability for u to click urself after all so mmy mate just went afk and let me try it ;l

+ @Kyle (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=30795); its the fact that it's going to ruin a few things -

1) afkness of slayer
2) prices of boss drops because they become easier (they may be being bolstered but as you can see with some vids of it the ultimates just practically 1/2 kill them alone)

But this makes runescape a real MMORPG, think wow, swtor etc runescape is the one with the worst combat at the moment until now

Zelda
02-07-2012, 09:36 AM
But this makes runescape a real MMORPG, think wow, swtor etc runescape is the one with the worst combat at the moment until now

Which is what rs ain't, rs is a simple combat system but that's what makes it so enjoyable, if I wanted to play wow, id play wow, I play rs for what it is tbh.

Kyle
02-07-2012, 09:42 AM
It's a game, you aren't supposed to be able to afk. If you were playing super mario and went to the toilet, came back and he had rescued princess peach without you then you'd feel a little bit obsolete wouldn't you?!?! A lot is still mildly afkable though anyway

DPS
02-07-2012, 09:51 AM

I'm sorry but you cannot compare Runescape to WoW..
There both good games in diffrent ways, IMO WoW is better for PvE and PvP just due to things that can be done ect ect.
But Runescape is good for skilling, and making money inrl :)

Rashelly
05-07-2012, 06:36 PM

+ Kyle; its the fact that it's going to ruin a few things -

1) afkness of slayer

It's not going to ruin anything you've mentioned though.
1) is just lolable
2) they will release new bosses and old bosses will possibly be updated

This update just gives them so much more potential for other things in the future.

And please don't generalise, a lot of people like this beta... In fact, as a skiller I love it because it makes skilling so much easier. Plus the combat is just so much more fun.

And yes, actually it is still simple. Once you've spent 20-30 minutes reading through and testing the abilities you can figure out what works best for your set up and click at will... JUST LIKE A SPECIAL ATTACK. Entirely optional, just as before.

This is the turning point for Jagex. Without this, it would be a dying game (that's a fact, there are simply not enough new players coming in). They're trying to improve and people like you who refuse to accept change are just making it harder because all the "OMG IS SUX" spam is in the way of actual, good feedback.

IceNineKills
05-07-2012, 06:55 PM
think people are forgetting this is only a BETA, nothing is set in stone.

Zelda
05-07-2012, 07:35 PM
in the way of actual, good feedback.

Quite hard to do when evidently other than from the cry babies who wanted this in the first place as everyone knows this is what really happened , tehre is no good feedback to give other than that pknig is now ruined which is better for everyone as its **** anyway.

Rashelly
05-07-2012, 08:34 PM
Quite hard to do when evidently other than from the cry babies who wanted this in the first place as everyone knows this is what really happened , tehre is no good feedback to give other than that pknig is now ruined which is better for everyone as its **** anyway.

LOL I give up with you. You seem to lack the ability to acknowledge other people's opinions and for some reason think your opinion is shared by the entire Runescape community (BTW, it isn't).

If you really do feel so strongly against it, you better just quit the game now so we don't have to read your incoherent whining. Everyone wins!

Zelda
05-07-2012, 09:01 PM
LOL I give up with you. You seem to lack the ability to acknowledge other people's opinions and for some reason think your opinion is shared by the entire Runescape community (BTW, it isn't).

If you really do feel so strongly against it, you better just quit the game now so we don't have to read your incoherent whining. Everyone wins!

Except as I've discussed with so many people , if peoplle who dislike it move on, jagex loses far more members than they will gain from this. As everyone says, this is what we play for currently, and do not want world of runescape or runetima online or some rubbish like that. And if you really think noone shares my opinions pls direct urself to the forums. There may be the normal nimbys but there are tons of other people who are actually outraged and know that a move like this is rip jagex. There is simply nothing ztoppping them making rs3, it'll get these new people but also retain all the old members.

Richie
05-07-2012, 09:08 PM
I love runescape as it is at the moment but the update is long overdue. Jan I don't believe if Jagex made rs3 many people would stick around with rs2, it'd be just a waste of their money. Unfortunately if you don't like it you're just going to have to put up with it or quit, you're one person out of 200 million. I know a good few members don't want the update to happen but it's always the same, heck i even used to be one of those people but now I try to open my mind and look at things in general positively. Jagex need to move forward. People simply don't like change and once a change is made they get used to it and actually enjoy it.

Zelda
05-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Well quite simply said imo they really should after a month of live beta to everyone just do another poll on it like wildy/free trade tbh, as it does seem fair. Only problem with that would be the amount of time being put into it being wasted, but then again that sort of thing should be thougt through with such massive chandelier anyway.

I agree to an extent with rich but imo it was never due as we are effectively unique and shouldn't try to be like the others, as its our uniqueness that makes rs so popular tbh.

Rashelly
05-07-2012, 09:55 PM
And if you really think noone shares my opinions pls direct urself to the forums.

I never once said that. You seem to think no one but "people who were crying for this" (which... no one actually was) like the beta, which is in fact untrue. I'm in a clan of 500 people and it seems fairly split, opinion-wise. I'm also part of the youtube community which also has a mixture of opinions. Not everyone is "outraged" (as you're implying in every post) and most of them can find formulate an opinion which involves actual thought, not just "it fails" or "it's awesome"

It's hard to discuss a topic with someone who refuses accept (even if they don't agree with) a differing opinion so we'll have to agree to disagree.

Zelda
05-07-2012, 10:08 PM
Yep agreed we will just have to agree to disagree on that, but Ye I do accept that there is likely split among players.

Kyle
05-07-2012, 10:10 PM
Pipette; 5 reasons why it fails
Rashelly; 5 reasons why it's good

this will settle things... go.

Matthew
06-07-2012, 12:19 PM
Yep agreed we will just have to agree to disagree on that, but Ye I do accept that there is likely split among players.

Not what you were saying earlier :p

I think rather than just bashing it constantly saying 'oh everyone hates it' 'it'll ruin rs' 'rip jagex' you need to give it a chance. Its been out for only 2 weeks ish... There are many good sides to it and the not so good sides will no doubt be changed. This update HAD to happen. As Kyle; said, you should not be able to AFK a game to the extent that you can at times now.

Also I've looked on the forums and although there are the moaners (who are always about) a lot of people do seem to like the update.

TonyBest
06-07-2012, 07:43 PM
And not to mention that it is a Beta afterall. Changes will be made throughout the beta to try and improve on the combat update based on feedback.

Zelda
07-07-2012, 10:53 AM
And not to mention that it is a Beta afterall. Changes will be made throughout the beta to try and improve on the combat update based on feedback.

Not gonna get back into the arguement but that means nothing as the people who don't like it don't want it at all not little snippets changed ;l

DPS
07-07-2012, 01:52 PM
TEAM PIP #1

Anyways lol im waiting for it to go public untill i play again

Rashelly
07-07-2012, 05:25 PM
In the words of a great man I know;
LESS QQ MORE PEWPEW!

Zak
07-07-2012, 09:26 PM
I'm all for the combat update, if games never evolved it's likely you wouldn't be playing them at this very moment. They have to keep improving to stay alive, everyone moans at first but they get over it, like Habbo's chat. ahhh everyone hates it! HATE IT blah blah, then they all freaking use it no complaining now and it's better

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!