PDA

View Full Version : Truancy in my school

Pegle
26-06-2012, 07:08 PM
We made regional television news because the police in my town can drag people - who don't come to school without a legitimate reason - out of bed.

You can see the report here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3R8eLWk6So

Chippiewill
26-06-2012, 07:15 PM
Bloomin good idea, I've heard of stories where Parents are un-cooperative, don't make contact, refuse to turn up to court summons (Or late), resulting in a two month delay for a new date for summons etc, and in the meantime truant children can spend months or years away from school.

luce
27-06-2012, 11:09 AM
We don't have the problem where I live but I certainly think it should be allowed! After all it is illegal to not go to school, or for a parent to knowingly let it happen.

lawrawrrr
27-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Jesus!! Makes sense though, why should truants get away with it, especially if parents ALLOW it :S Not sure if it's the best use of police resources, mind you.

GoldenMerc
27-06-2012, 11:18 AM
Not a good idea telling everyone your school. never the less gl if they tried to wake me up

Empired
27-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Seems fair to me although I wouldn't be happy if I was woken up by a policeman tbh. Everyone sleeps in accidentally every once in a while but you wouldn't need to be upset if it was just an accident...

Shar
27-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Unexplained absence? I think this method should only be used if attendance is less than roughly 85%

Pegle
27-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Unexplained absence is if there is no phone call or note from the parent(s). And theoretically that's how it works.
GoldenMerc; I doubt anyone would want to come and find me? :L

CrazyLemurs
27-06-2012, 05:04 PM
LOL if kids want to skip school, the government should give them work.
That's what everybody else does when they "leave" school, work :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!