PDA

View Full Version : Problem with metadata (artist, title etc) in Windows Explorer?

peteyt
27-06-2012, 06:29 PM
As someone who runs a small station from a studio I like to have all my music set up in specific ways and often do a lot of work music wise from my home computer, transferring it later to the studio computer.

I've noticed a problem lately however with many songs missing information in windows explorer. For example when you go into your My Music folder you can arrange things by title, artist etc. However for some of these they are blank. The strange thing is when I open the file in an audio player such as Winamp it reads the tags correctly. I can even change them, but in explorer these are still empty. Also if I right click on the file and go to properties and try to change it manually I can't yet the file isn't set to read only or anything and as far as I can tell the user permissions are correct.

Occasionally I have fixed some files by using a program called mp3tag - sometimes saving the tags on there works. However sometimes it doesn't and even though the tags are saved correctly explorer for some reason still fails to show them.

It's not a massive problem really more of an annoyance and I'm wondering if anyone has any idea what could be causing them. As always I'll rep any help.

Thanks

Recursion
27-06-2012, 06:45 PM
Corrupt tags. Try stripping all the tags and readding them.

peteyt
28-06-2012, 05:41 PM
Corrupt tags. Try stripping all the tags and readding them.

Seems to have worked thanks!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!