David
27-06-2012, 07:04 PM
http://www.chacha.com/gallery/3594/meat-eating-facts-enough-to-go-vegetarian

would still eat chicken nuggets, ngl.

scottish
27-06-2012, 07:09 PM
i never get why people try to put you off food

like I eat haggis and stuff and people always mention whats in it

like i don't give a ****, it tastes good thats what matters ;l!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sex
27-06-2012, 07:09 PM
No matter how many of these things i read or see i'm still going to eat, i doubt these things would ever make anyone change their mind, it really just comes down to the person if they want to switch to veggie i believe.

Kasabian
27-06-2012, 07:10 PM
Didn't bother me, but the girl in the bath look delightful

Criticize
27-06-2012, 07:14 PM
the mcpubes is pretty disturbing but either way long live meat

Empired
27-06-2012, 07:17 PM
I am already a vegetarian (used to be vegan but found eating almost impossible) because meat makes me ill :'(

GommeInc
27-06-2012, 07:28 PM
That wouldn't put me off meat... If something tastes awful in a restaurant I'd just go make my own at home.

MKR&*42
27-06-2012, 07:36 PM
The average person's fast food consumption includes 12 pubic hairs each year.

l.o.v.e.l.y

LMAO at the number of ingredients in the kfc item though.

GommeInc
27-06-2012, 07:43 PM
l.o.v.e.l.y

LMAO at the number of ingredients in the kfc item though.
Pfft, I can beat that average with just one meal... if I wanted to.

MKR&*42
27-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Pfft, I can beat that average with just one meal... if I wanted to.

Which bit are you on about? Dear God don't be on about the pubes LOL.

Paige.
27-06-2012, 08:45 PM
turning vegetarian won't stop others from killing animals for consumption or eating meat and also if the animal has already been killed there's no reversing it and so if i'm given a meal for my tea which includes meat i won't not eat it because not eating it won't bring the animal back to life and if i don't eat it, basically the animal died for no reason and it's meat gone to waste. many people have asked me why i'm not a vegetarian before as they know how i feel towards animals and they know that i'm actually against the whole concept but here is my reasoning.

MKR&*42
27-06-2012, 08:57 PM
turning vegetarian won't stop others from killing animals for consumption or eating meat and also if the animal has already been killed there's no reversing it and so if i'm given a meal for my tea which includes meat i won't not eat it because not eating it won't bring the animal back to life and if i don't eat it, basically the animal died for no reason and it's meat gone to waste. many people have asked me why i'm not a vegetarian before as they know how i feel towards animals and they know that i'm actually against the whole concept but here is my reasoning.

This is basically what I was told by my friend when I asked her "What would be so bad about me going vegetarian?". Immediately an effect wouldn't be noticed, and the amount of vegetarians isn't increasing dramatically *I think*. The only way that less animals would be killed is if suddenly millions and millions of people decided to reject meat, demands in shops/restaurants would decrease and they would purchase less from suppliers and therefore suppliers would be in need of much less meat. But there'd have to be a drastic change for that to happen.

I understand why people go vegetarian and I don't "blame" them lol. If you don't want to eat something that you know has been murdered, fine. It may ultimately be a waste of meat but e.g. I wouldn't eat onions purely because I hate the taste and they make me vomit, so I don't think that people should be forced into eating meat if their morals say not to. I just worry about the iron consumption most of them get, no red meat dramatically reduces it lol but some other foods are high in it.

Personally, I don't eat red meat - I simply cannot stand the taste of it. Chicken and fish is all I eat and I don't have a problem with it, as long as people aren't telling me/showing me how it died whilst I'm eating it, I'm fine lol. Piscatarians? Idk what the name is - people who are vegetarians but eat fish bug me - fish are meat, they are living, why make them exempt?

lawrawrrr
27-06-2012, 09:00 PM
1) Chicken nuggets (especially in the EU) now have to meet VERY strict food safety standards, less strict in the US but it's pretty close to 100& chicken now
2) Pink slime doesn't really exist any more, for the above reasons, but almost everywhere you buy beefburgers from they'll be packed with something.
3) There are pubes in almost anything and everything you eat. It's not a specific statistic really, neither can it be proved. There are much worse things that I won't disgust you all with now (as it's almost dinner time)
4) Bacteriophages are virsues that kill bacteria AND ARE PERFECTLY FINE FOR US TO EAT THEY JUST KILL THE NASTY BACTERIA
5) The chickens would still be alive... even more so cos noone's eating them. And pollution wouldn't go down by THAT much in the long run as more vegetables would have to be transported.
6) More vegetables = more water, ok less than meat but it's hardly enough to make me go veggie!
7) ... aaaaand not killing cows produces more methane as they fart too much
8) Oh look, a company that lists all its hidden ingredients, how honourable!

Paige.
27-06-2012, 09:11 PM
I understand why people go vegetarian and I don't "blame" them lol. If you don't want to eat something that you know has been murdered, fine. It may ultimately be a waste of meat but e.g. I wouldn't eat onions purely because I hate the taste and they make me vomit, so I don't think that people should be forced into eating meat if their morals say not to.

Same, I understand why people choose to be vegetarian and don't blame them as it's their personal choice. It wouldn't be a waste of meat if the meat wasn't given to them in the first place, simply given to those who do eat meat. When I said '
if i'm given a meal for my tea which includes meat i won't not eat it because not eating it won't bring the animal back to life and if i don't eat it, basically the animal died for no reason and it's meat gone to waste.' I simply meant that I wouldn't ask for it but if it was cooked and given to me for tea then I wouldn't just turn around and say well no I don't it if you see what I mean?

Piscatarians? Idk what the name is - people who are vegetarians but eat fish bug me - fish are meat, they are living, why make them exempt?

I completely understand what you mean. In some cases people just don't eat meat because they don't like the taste and in some cases just like the taste of fish but I see where you're coming from. I assume you mean those who are against eating meat because they don't like the way they are killed or that they were living things etc etc and if so I have the same view as you. Why would you exempt fish? Some people just don't see fish the same way as they see other animals such as cows and I personally don't know why because they still breathe and feel pain etc and it really annoys me haha

MKR&*42
27-06-2012, 09:17 PM
1) Chicken nuggets (especially in the EU) now have to meet VERY strict food safety standards, less strict in the US but it's pretty close to 100& chicken now
2) Pink slime doesn't really exist any more, for the above reasons, but almost everywhere you buy beefburgers from they'll be packed with something.
3) There are pubes in almost anything and everything you eat. It's not a specific statistic really, neither can it be proved. There are much worse things that I won't disgust you all with now (as it's almost dinner time)
4) Bacteriophages are virsues that kill bacteria AND ARE PERFECTLY FINE FOR US TO EAT THEY JUST KILL THE NASTY BACTERIA
5) The chickens would still be alive... even more so cos noone's eating them. And pollution wouldn't go down by THAT much in the long run as more vegetables would have to be transported.
6) More vegetables = more water, ok less than meat but it's hardly enough to make me go veggie!
7) ... aaaaand not killing cows produces more methane as they fart too much
8) Oh look, a company that lists all its hidden ingredients, how honourable!

Would hardly call KFC "honourable" in general but admittedly, hats off to them for posting all that on there lol. I can't imagine McDonalds or Burger King doing that at all.

lawrawrrr
27-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Yeah most places don't list their hidden ingredients, as companies don't have to declare it if it's under a certain amount or technically an e number or something.

Matthew
27-06-2012, 09:46 PM
This hasn't put me off meat at all- I love it!

I personally don't see the point in becoming a veggie because you 'don't like killing animals'. Fair enough its your choice and I can't stop people from making that decision (nor do I have a right to) but is one person saying "I won't eat meat" gonna make a difference to the global market?

As someone said above, unless millions of people turned around and declared they wouldn't eat meat, its not gonna make a difference!

Also as someone said above, I don't agree with people who call themselves vegetarians yet eat fish. I have a few friends like this who don't eat meat because they disagree with the way the animals are brought up etc yet they still eat fish. Do fish not count as living things then? :P

I also know people who are vegans and I'd hate to live off such a restricted diet :/

Fifty-Six
27-06-2012, 10:57 PM
didn't bother me at all. who cares whats in it as long as it tastes good and doesn't make you sick :D

Stephen
27-06-2012, 11:29 PM
I love a few pubes in my big mac, it definitely gives it a bit more flavour

also that chicken head actually looks quite tasty

Seikou
28-06-2012, 09:02 PM
things like this don't put me off meat at all, it tastes too good

dbgtz
28-06-2012, 10:25 PM
I don't really see how this puts anyone off, it's just facts. To be honest I imagine most people put worse things than pubic hairs in their mouth anyway :L The thing that would have put me off had I not stopped eating it initially was this animal cruelty video which was absolutely horrific.

PaulMacC
28-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Is this mean't to put me off? I eat 2-3 chicken breasts a day and red meat several times a week. Still would eat it, it's ******* delicious.

Absently
28-06-2012, 10:49 PM
You get pretty used to all the crap that's being put in food, but it still would never make me consider being a veggie. I absolutely love animals, but I know that turning veggie ain't going to help no one. Whatever if you're all out for the cause trying to stop all the horrible stuff that happens to animals, there's not really a point otherwise imo? Obviously, minus a lot of people who just hate meat, so don't eat it. One of my friends is a veggie and not so long ago I was eating wine gums (lol) and she began eating them, when we told her that vegetarians aren't supposed to eat them, she didn't care and continued eating them, so... Also, I do have a good few friends that are vegetarians and because of mainly one, when we hang out, because of her beliefs she refuses to let us go into McDonald's for a lovely chicken fillet burger :(

kinda went off topic, but:

yeah I love meat and nothing I can be shown will ever put me off the food e.g. seeing how they kill them and treat them disgustingly. Any time I have my dinner, it generally has to contain meat/poultry or my plate feels empty lol. In fact, those facts have made me hungry.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!