PDA

View Full Version : fish mask

scottish
27-06-2012, 09:32 PM
just got this in a free spin lol

anyways people on forum paying 2.4-2.5m

but according to wiki;

"The fish mask is currently a rare item on the Squeal of Fortune. As with all tradeable rares, there is a cap of buying 2 masks every 4 hours on the Grand Exchange. It is going to be the first tradeable discontinued item since 2004. Jagex claims to discontinue the item "...at the end of summer." This means that Jagex will be removing this item from the Squeal of Fortune, only making it obtainable through trade."

not played rs in a bit so no idea if people actually go after them or if they're easily obtainable

but you reckon I should sell for 2.4-2.5m or keep it until it's removed? :P

Matthew
27-06-2012, 09:33 PM
Well it'll probably go up at some point but it'll take a while... Tbh the price it'll rise probably isn't worth waiting for. I'd just sell.

Kyle
27-06-2012, 09:45 PM
they were going for about 1m each on release and when it was first brought out I thought I read that it wouldn't be discontinued just the probability of receiving it would decrease after the removal of the squeel of neptune. if it is never coming back then yes would obviously be sensible to hold onto it but i wouldn't expect a dramatic increase any time soon, perhaps a mil or two.

Matthew
27-06-2012, 09:48 PM
they were going for about 1m each on release and when it was first brought out I thought I read that it wouldn't be discontinued just the probability of receiving it would decrease after the removal of the squeel of neptune. if it is never coming back then yes would obviously be sensible to hold onto it but i wouldn't expect a dramatic increase any time soon, perhaps a mil or two.

Yeah after the summer they'll never come back (supposedly). I really can't even see them going over 10m tbh, they're really common, are ugly and aren't particularly sought after except for merchanting. It'll take years for it to reach 10m as well!

scottish
27-06-2012, 10:02 PM
are they removing SoF after summer or just specific prizes?

Matts; phats and most discontinued items were really common and ugly and weren't particularly sought after :P

Ashley
28-06-2012, 12:02 AM
They sell quickly for 2-2.5m in World 2. People are stocking up because they know that in a few years, they could easily be 50m+.

DPS
28-06-2012, 08:26 AM
Keep it, there to cheap.. thats like £3 no point selling.

IceNineKills
28-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Personally I would sell it. It would take years for it to be worth anything amazing.

scottish
28-06-2012, 12:43 PM
mm

gonna keep it for now

got every item I need + 280m cashpile so may as well hide it in my bank and see if it goes up to anything worthwhile :P

DPS
28-06-2012, 12:46 PM
mm

gonna keep it for now

got every item I need + 280m cashpile so may as well hide it in my bank and see if it goes up to anything worthwhile :P

Good choice its not like you need the extra cash.

Inseriousity.
28-06-2012, 05:39 PM
lol just got my first 'rare' item from the SoF and its not even tradeable. fml. i thought i was gonna have something worth millions :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!