PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid

dbgtz
27-06-2012, 10:06 PM
Just finished Peacewalkers main story (well chapter 4, need to unlock the 5th) and damn, I don't understand why I disliked it before. I think after I finish MGS2 I'm going to have to go through them all in chronological order and watch the cutscenes in full.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (which I will play by the time I finished all of the others)

Love these games.

Southe,
28-06-2012, 09:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfKA4b5SFq4

Love MGS probably Joint 2nd fave series. I got the HD collection day 1 and 100% MGS 3 few days later. Might even buy MGS3 for 3DS just an excuse to play it again. My old PS3 died so i lost my saves =/ so i'll need to start 2 and PW again.

Looking forward to 5 and MGR seems a bit meh..

dbgtz
28-06-2012, 10:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfKA4b5SFq4

Love MGS probably Joint 2nd fave series. I got the HD collection day 1 and 100% MGS 3 few days later. Might even buy MGS3 for 3DS just an excuse to play it again. My old PS3 died so i lost my saves =/ so i'll need to start 2 and PW again.

Looking forward to 5 and MGR seems a bit meh..

What's the first favourite then? :L It surprisingly took me a while to finish MGS3, didn't like it initially (as with PW). Got about halfway through MGS2 and then thought I'd try it out and then finished it before MGS2. I would have bought MGS3 for 3DS but then they go and announce the HD collection so I didn't see the point in a £150 or so console for one game (initially).

I want to go play it all again now LOL.

samsaBEAR
29-06-2012, 11:45 PM
I asked my Dad to buy me MGS2 for Christmas when it came out only because the cover looked cool. I love MGS2+3, but I haven't played any others yet. I'm currently watching a MGS1 playthrough on the YouTubes, and I don't wanna get a PS3 just for MGS4.

Southe,
30-06-2012, 12:06 AM
I asked my Dad to buy me MGS2 for Christmas when it came out only because the cover looked cool. I love MGS2+3, but I haven't played any others yet. I'm currently watching a MGS1 playthrough on the YouTubes, and I don't wanna get a PS3 just for MGS4.

MGS4 was the selling point for me when i got my PS3. And i am yet to complete MGS. Only ever completed MGS: Twin Snakes on GC.

What's the first favourite then? :L It surprisingly took me a while to finish MGS3, didn't like it initially (as with PW). Got about halfway through MGS2 and then thought I'd try it out and then finished it before MGS2. I would have bought MGS3 for 3DS but then they go and announce the HD collection so I didn't see the point in a £150 or so console for one game (initially).

I want to go play it all again now LOL.

1. Sonic The Hedgehog
2, Kingdom Hearts, MGS, Uncharted

I stupidly got a 3DS and had no games for it haha Luckily theres a new Kingdom hearts game coming out so i'll pick that and MGS up.

dbgtz
30-06-2012, 09:14 AM

Well there's also the HD collection with MG1, MG2, MGS2, MGS3 and MGS:PW (though you could get all of those on the 360) and the ability to purchase MGS on the PS Store.

1. Sonic The Hedgehog
2, Kingdom Hearts, MGS, Uncharted

I stupidly got a 3DS and had no games for it haha Luckily theres a new Kingdom hearts game coming out so i'll pick that and MGS up.

Aha fair enough.

samsaBEAR
30-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Well there's also the HD collection with MG1, MG2, MGS2, MGS3 and MGS:PW (though you could get all of those on the 360) and the ability to purchase MGS on the PS Store.
I already have the HD collection on Xbox ya see, otherwise I probably would've done that!

Plod
07-07-2012, 12:48 AM
I've been a massive fan of the Metal Gear series since 2005 I think, they are epic games, one of the best storylines in gaming ever. I know people complain about them but I love the long cutscenes and complicated storyline. The best in the series, imo, is MGS3. I have such good memories with that game and I must have finished it on all difficulties about.. 30 times? I ownnnnn

Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (Gamecube)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of The Patriots (PS3)
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (PSP)
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (PSP)
Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection (PS3) which is MGS2 Substance, MGS3 Subsistence (w/ MG + MG2: Solid Snake) and Peace Walker in HD.

I also have a lot of the soundtrack on iTunes/my iPod, even though it's mostly stuff I've found on YouTube. It's good to see other fans of the franchise.

Metal Gear Rising Revengence looks as if it'll be pretty decent, though unfortunately it's going to be more of a sword slashing/ninja stealth game as opposed to a traditional stealth game and there's rumours that MGS5 is going to be announced tommorow (today, as in the 7th July) since it's Metal Gear's 25th anniversary, or if not then it's going to be announced at TGS in September this year. Either way there's definitely an MGS5 on the cards, so that's pretty exciting.
:)

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/%22Next%22_Metal_Gear_Solid

Southe,
11-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Just found my reason to replay MGS4
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/07/11/metal-gear-solid-4-to-get-trophy-support

dbgtz
11-07-2012, 04:26 PM
Just found my reason to replay MGS4
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/07/11/metal-gear-solid-4-to-get-trophy-support

I was about to post this, I might have to just stop my current playthrough and wait for this to arrive :P

Plod
12-07-2012, 04:26 AM
Hideo Kojima has also said he will make an announcement at a special 25th anniversary event, to be held in Tokyo on August 30th. What that 'announcement' might be remains unclear, but it's said to be related to the 'vision' he has previously shared about a game that connects people.

I'm personally more excited about this bit. Was wrong about the 7th.
:D

It's so obvious there's a new Metal Gear being made, Kojima needs to stop being a troll and formally announce it!

Southe,
06-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Was playing MGS4 Earlier forgot how good it was. aiming for the platinum. 8 playthroughs need see how long i last.

Plod
30-08-2012, 09:11 AM
More information on the next MGS came out... new MGS is apparently going to be called Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero (or Ground Zeroes). It's set after Peace Walker and features Big Boss again. It's being ran on PlayStation 3 / Xbox 360 gear. More info to come out soon.
:)

The mirror image says "From FOX two phantoms were born"

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.konami.jp/mgs25th&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.konami.jp/mg25th/%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DvIM%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D691%26prmd%3Dimvn s&sa=X&ei=run-T-mBK8GH0AXQ3N3yDg&ved=0CE4Q7gEwAA

http://www.konami.jp/mg25th/imgs/fox/fox_poster.jpg

dbgtz
30-08-2012, 01:02 PM
Not liking the Splinter Cellish feel to that image, but I can't wait nevertheless :L Wish there was a trailer of some sort though.

TonyBest
30-08-2012, 11:07 PM
I just wish they had released some gameplay for it, but its still nice that theres a screenshot of artwork

David
30-08-2012, 11:19 PM
yes! big boss was my favourite

samsaBEAR
31-08-2012, 02:28 AM
Not liking the Splinter Cellish feel to that image, but I can't wait nevertheless :L Wish there was a trailer of some sort though.
Could be a reference to the new Splinter Cell being different to previous games, MGS has had some cheeky adverts in the past!

Happy to see this is on the 360 as well, getting a PS3 just for this and MGS4 would be silly! Also very happy to see more news about the MGS film. Always been a bit apprehensive about it, but now that Marvel is involved I'm excited.

dbgtz
01-09-2012, 03:10 PM
Gameplay is shown tomorrow at PAX, woo.

EDIT: Apparently there is footage being uploaded to youtube today.
https://twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/241782384884846592

dbgtz
01-09-2012, 10:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=L5IVOs5Pxh8#!

TonyBest
01-09-2012, 11:47 PM
This may seem like a shocker but I've been looking around the internet after watching the video, and on the US Playstation Blog it is confirmed that the game is coming to the PS3.

dbgtz
02-09-2012, 01:22 AM
This may seem like a shocker but I've been looking around the internet after watching the video, and on the US Playstation Blog it is confirmed that the game is coming to the PS3.

It's also at the end of the video, along with the 360 :L. Though I trust the PS version will be better in some shape or form, be it quality or exclusive content.

TonyBest
02-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Id say it would be better quality wise, content wise im not sure. Either way I can't wait for this game.

hamheyelliot
02-09-2012, 02:01 PM
Solid freaking Snake and not Raiden! I'd love if Konami let us 360 users in on it too, especially after the MGS Collection for both platforms.

TonyBest
02-09-2012, 02:18 PM
Solid freaking Snake and not Raiden! I'd love if Konami let us 360 users in on it too, especially after the MGS Collection for both platforms.

It was confirmed to be for the 360 aswell on the US Blog as they had said it is multi-platform.

hamheyelliot
02-09-2012, 02:34 PM
It was confirmed to be for the 360 aswell on the US Blog as they had said it is multi-platform.

Sweet, the FOX Engine is cross platform anyway so I probably should have assumed that :P

samsaBEAR
05-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Seriously, all Kojima needs to do is announce a MGS4 360 port and I'll never need a PS3

dbgtz
05-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Seriously, all Kojima needs to do is announce a MGS4 360 port and I'll never need a PS3

It probably is being dicussed and I imagine the success of GZ on 360 will determine it. Though saying that, they will have to rework parts of the game in order to port it over :P

TonyBest
05-09-2012, 08:32 PM
I don't think it would be possible to completely port over MGS4, as bascially most sections mock the Playstation brand such as having to change the disc midway through (even though you didnt have to since it was PS3), the whole secret conversation about how you had to beat Psycho Mantis by plugging the controller into port 2, only for them to realize that wouldnt work anymore due to the controller being wireless and also the whole lack of a vibration on the controllers at the time. And if you look around Otacon's place after one of the Acts, you can clearly see a PS3.

samsaBEAR
05-09-2012, 08:50 PM
It probably is being dicussed and I imagine the success of GZ on 360 will determine it. Though saying that, they will have to rework parts of the game in order to port it over :P
I wouldn't mind it as a next gen launch title, depending on whether MGS5 will also be next gen or not.

I don't think it would be possible to completely port over MGS4, as bascially most sections mock the Playstation brand such as having to change the disc midway through (even though you didnt have to since it was PS3), the whole secret conversation about how you had to beat Psycho Mantis by plugging the controller into port 2, only for them to realize that wouldnt work anymore due to the controller being wireless and also the whole lack of a vibration on the controllers at the time. And if you look around Otacon's place after one of the Acts, you can clearly see a PS3.
All of those things can be removed or changed accordingly

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!