PDA

View Full Version : [Building] The Pyramid of Khafre ~ New Maze Entrance

Zak
28-06-2012, 11:08 AM
First off.. I wanted to do something that no one has really tried yet. Everyone has built pyramids but no one had really constructed anything mildly resembling the massive structure(s) accurately.

So I made my attempt.. and what started as just a themed room it turned obviously into my maze entrance as I grew fond of the structure I'd spent so much time building -.-

Not going to lie, this is probably going to be my best attempt at getting into Elite Rooms, which is what I really want from this room - Please note that I had to kind of work my design into the maze entrance features so for the crappy looking parts I apologise.

Well check the spoiler, constructive criticism is welcomed :).

http://i49.tinypic.com/2m33hhu.png

I have no clue how many prison stones I used, I will count them on my other account because I'm lacking VIP on my main at the moment.

Further info: Pyramid is dedicated to Khafre because that is the most intact pyramid at Giza and I'm fed up of when they mention 'The Great Pyramid' and then show Khafres. Show Khufu's ;/

lawrawrrr
28-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Omg this is totally epic..... I love the way the snake maze goes round the outside!!! I don't think the maze entrance bit (with the pillows) does look that out of place, as you've put the petals elsewhere in the room too. Absolutely fantastic job.... but I don't like you cos I have rewrite my maze review now!!!! ahah ;P

+rep

MKR&*42
28-06-2012, 11:20 AM
Ahhhh, this is stunning aha. Nice to see a genuine pyramid made out of stones :P I think the Bling wardrobe looks really out of place though :S Everything else is absolutely amazing though :)

+Rep x

Zak
28-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Omg this is totally epic..... I love the way the snake maze goes round the outside!!! I don't think the maze entrance bit (with the pillows) does look that out of place, as you've put the petals elsewhere in the room too. Absolutely fantastic job.... but I don't like you cos I have rewrite my maze review now!!!! ahah ;P

+rep

Ahhhh, this is stunning aha. Nice to see a genuine pyramid made out of stones :P I think the Bling wardrobe looks really out of place though :S Everything else is absolutely amazing though :)

+Rep x

The picture doesn't really do it justice. If you have time go look at it, the pass to the room is 'maze' I think :)

For the last row I needed like 70 prison stones odd so it shows how many were used. The I put the wardrobe in last because I didn't like how the door looked, plus people like hiding in the door undetected :P thank you for the rep x

ooooo btw ignore the roller colour and the pillows, I'll get them all matching and stuff later on, just couldn't wait to post the room :P haha

:odey:
28-06-2012, 11:53 AM
This is fab!
I like people that put effort in to their maze rooms,
I'm sure Samanfa; was planning on doing something like this but I don't think she would manage! haha,
Fab room, great work :)

geo
28-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Wow, this is really good. The only thing I could think of you changing about it is the wardrobe door where the actual door would be, I'd just some how cover that up (put 2 windows there?). It looks really odd IMO. :( Not really anything else I could say that you could improve on, such a fab room. Love it Zak! :)

Shockwave.2CC
28-06-2012, 03:07 PM
Love it. It looks like a Habbo staffs room

Well Done!!

Empired
28-06-2012, 03:43 PM
This is absolutely fab! The only thing I can see to change is the wardrobe door in place of the real entrance? It doesn't really fit in at all IMO and I'm not sure why it's there :S

Other than that, everything is amazing!

Seikou
28-06-2012, 03:58 PM
wow, it's amazing! must have taken you ages and cost quite a lot, lovely work

auffant1
28-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Looks really good! Nice use of furni aswell. You manged to use all types of furni and still have it work together. Also I love the way you used stones instead of like Pura Squares :P.

Jarkie
28-06-2012, 04:16 PM
Absolutely brilliant!

Zak
28-06-2012, 04:26 PM

+Rep x

Wow, this is really good. The only thing I could think of you changing about it is the wardrobe door where the actual door would be, I'd just some how cover that up (put 2 windows there?). It looks really odd IMO. :( Not really anything else I could say that you could improve on, such a fab room. Love it Zak! :)

This is absolutely fab! The only thing I can see to change is the wardrobe door in place of the real entrance? It doesn't really fit in at all IMO and I'm not sure why it's there :S

Other than that, everything is amazing!

Wardrobe has been removed and replaced with a window. thanks for the tip, +rep for you all x

Pigperson
28-06-2012, 04:31 PM
The pyramid looks fantastic in your maze :)

Will

Kyle
28-06-2012, 05:55 PM
Going to be a bit picky here and say palm trees don't actually grow in the sahara!!! To have a few shrouding some sort of oasis (an idea for the vip area, perhaps?) would be cool, but dotting them about just seems, for me, a bit weird. the structure itself is magnificent and I can tell it must have taken you ages as I know how difficult it is to stack prison stones trying to avoid gaps and mix them up so they don't all look the same.

it's a shame all of your maze rooms don't have this sort of theme, you could maybe have attempted to construct the sphinx next. really nice design, great job :)

SackRace
28-06-2012, 06:21 PM
Wow this is fabulous!! +REP

PiippBB
28-06-2012, 06:40 PM
I really like this; it really does look like one of the pyramids. I also love the way you've used it as a maze entrance; I'm hoping the rest of the rooms live up to expectations after seeing this one!

the.games
28-06-2012, 08:44 PM
All I can say is fantastic!

I can't really think of anything wrong of it because it's miles better than I could ever do!

+rep

ickles
30-06-2012, 05:45 PM
Amazing structure, not so sure about the petals, but other than that I actually quite like it;3

CreatureOfNight
30-06-2012, 07:29 PM
Everything about it is literally awesome! I love it :)

iFlame
30-06-2012, 08:20 PM
that's really quite good, wd x

Martin
30-06-2012, 09:53 PM
Wow thats very creative and must have taken a while! :P Looks very realistic though and I love it! :)

Suspective
30-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Looks brilliant. I think you've done a really good job there. :)

I'll have to pop along one day.

JerseySafety
01-07-2012, 01:23 AM
Amazing well done. There has been so many good rooms lately, all that deserve to be in elite. Such a shame. Keep up the good rooms!

Zak
01-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Just to show some updates this is a redesigned room, replacing 35% which was hurrily designed.

http://i46.tinypic.com/1495iy1.png

Zak
01-07-2012, 09:45 PM
o, i thought i'd give you another teaser

http://i49.tinypic.com/nbcda0.png

sex
01-07-2012, 10:58 PM
i really like it but it would be great if you could like hide the wired under the pyramid instead of using that greek thing to do it!

Lee
01-07-2012, 11:17 PM
o, i thought i'd give you another teaser

http://i49.tinypic.com/nbcda0.png

Nice work, can't wait to try it out it looks great :)

JerseySafety
02-07-2012, 12:13 AM
looks great Zak; if you need any help let me know, not doing much else :P

Matt
02-07-2012, 10:07 AM
Do you put much thought into making these (out of curiosity). You have so many of them that are made really well. It would take me ages to make them aswell as come up with them! Welldone, I lurv the pyramid the best tho :3

Chris
02-07-2012, 11:41 AM
You've certainly done a good job of the pyramid, I think it's the first one I've seen that actually resembles it. :P Good work! :)

Richie
02-07-2012, 01:33 PM
it looks great

garriet
02-07-2012, 06:14 PM
this looks fab, i love how you have themed the room too!

i can't say anything that you can improve on, so just make more fab rooms!! :) x

orientalframe?
03-07-2012, 06:33 AM
it looks really nice, as harriet said theres nothing really to be improved on :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!