PDA

View Full Version : Attempting to get back into Runescape, need help!

Sabra
29-06-2012, 12:38 AM
So I have not been on Runescape for a few years I think it is has been, and I finally decided to try and get back onto my account. I logged back into my account and I will post my stats below this. If anyone wants to add me and answer the questions I have that would be much appreciated!! I have no idea what I am really doing any more!! :)

Name: Sabraxx

And here are my stats at the moment: http://i50.tinypic.com/34dfk8y.jpg

DPS
29-06-2012, 09:41 AM
Hey Sabra if i was you just wait till beta combat is over then learn like everyone else.

Everyone else is just the same minus telestones or whatever there called and other stuff.

Also once beta is over and its live you will be level 165 if im correct :)

The only thing i can say is work on your def and get it as high as poss, as def we pay a big deal.

Kyle
29-06-2012, 10:41 AM
hi julie!!!

The only thing i can say is work on your def and get it as high as poss, as def we pay a big deal.
In PvP, yes; in everything else - not so much.

In September the combat level will increase to 200 as opposed to 138 [summoning gives 1 combat level per 8 levels] and a lot about the interface will be chopped and changed but you have a few months so it's still quite far away.

The new combat level calculation won't include summoning or prayer but they'll still obviously be of use. Here's the new calculation, put into place on the current combat beta servers which will be transferred to the full game when beta is over:

X + Defence level +2 = your Combat level.
(X = your highest stat level from Magic, Ranged, Attack or Strength)

First thing I would suggest you do is head over to taverly and get the Wolf Whistle quest done as summoning can be extremely useful at the later levels. To train it you need to collect charms dropped from monsters and create pouches... it's all explained relatively well during the quest so you shouldn't have too much trouble getting to grips with it from there.

The other new skill you haven't yet tried is dungeoneering. This isn't really a skill - more of a minigame. You enter dungeons, kill stuff, make stuff, and go deeper and deeper down to level up. Quite complicated for beginners really so unless you have a group of friends that can show you the ropes probably best to avoid it for a little while. I've explained how to gain exp a little further in this post (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=751521&p=7573635#post7573635).

You've got some well-rounded skills there and most things are pretty similar to the way they were when you left so probably just carry on where you left off. Perhaps after you get the quest I mentioned above done you could start slaying again to collect charms? :)

Oh and firemaking training has changed quite drastically, now instead of lighting lines of fires you can just sit and the bank and throw logs onto a bonfire. Still pretty much the easiest (and most pointless) skill on rs.

DPS
29-06-2012, 10:58 AM
Kyle wanna borrow me some cash? i sold up :( LOL and wanna come back to rs

Sabra
29-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the advice deadmau! I am confused about everything again haha

KYLE!! How have you been?!? Add me on rune!! I am lost :P Miss you!!

Meowingtons
30-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Welcome back julie =]

Sabra
30-06-2012, 04:22 PM
Welcome back julie =]

Hey you!! :) I just bought members again, so everyone needs to add me and answer all my questions xP

Lee
30-06-2012, 09:04 PM
Welcome back to RS, good luck getting back into I'm doing the same :P

Sabra
01-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Welcome back to RS, good luck getting back into I'm doing the same :P

Thanks!! Add me and send me a message on rune!! I need people to talk to on there! :P

Rashelly
01-07-2012, 03:31 PM
welcome back

Jonn$
01-07-2012, 05:20 PM
We both have 99 firemaking :D

Sabra
01-07-2012, 06:08 PM
We both have 99 firemaking :D

Haha congrats!!! :) Such a useful skill to have... ;)

Jonn$
01-07-2012, 06:43 PM
Haha congrats!!! :) Such a useful skill to have... ;)

Totally, haha ;)! I added you, I'm: Suckah

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!