PDA

View Full Version : Playing Habbo as an Adult (18+)?

Plod
29-06-2012, 11:55 AM
Hiya, me and a friend are both 19 and we rejoined Habbo out of boredom, we stopped playing in 2009 when we were 16. It is taking time to get used to again as we know nobody on here. We used to know quite a bit of a community when we were in the Habbo military r/p scene from 2006-2009 but besides the fact most have them have stopped playing over the years, the few we do know who still play, we don't really get along with.

I understand that adults are somewhat a minority on Habbo, but I'm wondering where/what the best rooms are for adult players? We don't feel like hanging around with a bunch of 12-15 year olds for obvious reasons. Are there any such thing? Or are we best finding another game and staying away from Habbo for good?

Thanks. x

David
29-06-2012, 12:00 PM
probably more 18+ than you think so you should find a room somewhere
there's a handful on here who still play habbo afaik

DPS
29-06-2012, 12:06 PM
Why should i stop playing at my age im 22... I've been playing since 2002 and in no way would i stop because of age.
If anything i have more of a right to be there than someone whos just signed because ive been there for so long.

lawrawrrr
29-06-2012, 12:08 PM
It depends whether you enjoy it or not. I'm almost 19 and have played on and off for 7 years, I'm still on there because of the people I know at Habbox. You say you don't want to hang out with younger people, whereas at the end of the day it's just talking! 18+ rooms on Habbo were pretty much centered around sex in my experience, and most of the cyber rooms have been deleted.

I'd give it a chance, if you still decide you don't like it after a few weeks or so, then move on!

Catchy
29-06-2012, 12:12 PM
I always find there's loads of adults on there, I'm 19 (20 in feb) and I still play.

Kieran
29-06-2012, 12:19 PM
I'm 21 and still regularly go online to speak to people I've known for a long time on it :)

MONEYMAGIC
29-06-2012, 12:26 PM
I think it's perfectly fine! I often meet lots of people over 18. I'm 20 in August and I play often :P

Zak
29-06-2012, 12:29 PM
21 very soon and I still play. I've given up caring what people think, I enjoy Habbo and I'm going to keep playing :P All I basically do on there is maze though and build rooms of course :) I play more runescape tho tbh

Jarkie
29-06-2012, 12:43 PM
I'm 20, and I've been playing since 2005. I will most likely continue playing due to the friends I've made on there.. plus its a good time killer aha

PiippBB
29-06-2012, 01:08 PM
I'm 22 and I still play as I have done since 2003. I don't really go in many rooms now though apart from my own. I spend most of my time on Habbo running my Big Brother and every few months tear down the house and build a new one, so at times like that I spend a lot of time scouring shops to trade furni, then I spend time building a new house. I think there's a lot of 18+ players on the site now and I think Sulake acknowledged that when they added the option to turn the filter off.

Plod
29-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Thank you for the kind responses, I see, nice reassurance here at least. Do any of you mind if we add you on Habbo?

After this mute nonsense is over with, anyway..

Grimmauld
29-06-2012, 04:26 PM
this may be off topic, but it's funny how many people are online and you cant even chat haha

tm
29-06-2012, 06:23 PM
I've been playing since I was 15. Now I'm 26 and still around. There's a large number of adults on Habbo that have grown up with it like me and you. I also know a lot of people on Habbo in their 30s, 40s and even 50s who are perfectly nice to talk to and I bet most of the people they encounter don't even realise they are 'old'.

Pigperson
29-06-2012, 08:32 PM
I think generally there are young people everywhere, if you search tags like adult or 18+ you may find some rooms but they are uncommon. Most young people are mature though like in the Habbox Help Desk :P

Will

Perfected
29-06-2012, 11:04 PM
I'm in my twenties & still playing. The only difference now than when I was playing years ago as a teen is that I try to stay away from clubs for the most part. It's really awkward when someone much younger starts trying to hit on me...

In general, I try to avoid talking to players much younger - for their sake & mine.

ColyTom
30-06-2012, 11:00 AM
Yeah, I am 20 and I still play. I tend to stick with other people who are a similar age. I can find them in the 18+ chat rooms and the gay rooms mainly before but older people are dotted abut everywhere I have found :)

MissAlice
30-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Age doesn’t really matter as we don’t walk around with our ages on our backs; you either develop friendships through conversation or at events or in rooms of similar interest. I started playing at the age of 12/13 and the majority of my long term friends were interested in trading just like me. Over time I learnt their ages varied, and not necessarily by asking them but through conversations and that didn’t change my friendships.

I never seemed to have a problem with anyone’s age; my friend list is/was very varied. Two of my friends are a father and son. The father began playing the game when his daughter was scammed.

Just enjoy the game!

Plebings
30-06-2012, 12:25 PM
as many people have said, +18 rooms might be up your street, but they are also filled with some of the worst people on here. not even sure if they'll still be that popular after the mute, especially with the regulations they are applying.

i don't tend to venture far from mazes/games, so i can't really recommend anything from the rp scene.

welcome back to habbo anyway!

Shockwave.2CC
30-06-2012, 12:25 PM
tbh if you come down to HxHD or some other habbox room e.g event rooms etc there are load of people to speak to and yes some of them may be 12 - 16 but it seems to me that they all speak like there 17+, like they don't speak about child things, they speak about adult things (not sex and that). Like I'm 20 and i've been playing Habbo for about 4yrs now and i've madeso many friend who are younger then me and none of them have ever spoke like a child to me, some of acted like a child (3 people, some of you know who) but thats just because they seem to hate me and need to grow up, but other then that, you shouldn't worry about anything like your age or anyone elses age. Just think to yourself that they all think like you, and most of them do.

Velma.
30-06-2012, 08:17 PM
Habbo back when it first came out
it was for older teens, around 15-20
cause when I first joined there was NO ONE around
my age, I was about 12 so yeah, now it's bunch of lil
ass kids and pedos.. on Habbo.

iFlame
30-06-2012, 08:26 PM
I don't agree with 18+ people playing with habbo, but if they are not causing any harm then why should they be stopped really..

Martin
30-06-2012, 09:52 PM
I don't see the harm in over 18s going on Habbo, dont think its as bad as some people make out, especially when its just for like talking to people and seeing the latest updates (or hosting the odd game etc haha). Its not doing any harm really if they are sensible and I guess its quite nice for different age groups to mix sometimes and different generations to interact!

DPS
30-06-2012, 10:16 PM
I don't agree with 18+ people playing with habbo, but if they are not causing any harm then why should they be stopped really..
And whys that? ive been on Habbo since 2002.. i have more of a right to still be playing than people like you.

Plod
01-07-2012, 03:28 PM

Unless I have the wrong end of the stick, it seems like you're implying that many 18+ users would have some sort of ulterior motive or are perhaps just "sad". There's no upper age limit (being aimed at teens isn't the same thing as being exclusive for teens) and if someone is honest about their age and generally sticks to people closer to their own age group, I don't really see the harm. I do remember when I played years ago there was always a bit of a stigma towards older players, though, especially for those over the age of about 21 although I knew a handful (even became good friends with one) and there was a 26 year old who was slagged off like hell for it (she actually still plays I think, this was in '07). Was just looking to see how much this may have changed in recent times.

sex
01-07-2012, 03:29 PM
wixard; and RockyHorror; both are close to the age of 30 and still play habbo!

Tom
01-07-2012, 04:01 PM
If you haven't gathered already, the majority of Habbox users are 18+ -- so perhaps you should stay on here and post around and get involved with the community -wink wink-

But yeah, on a serious note, as most people have mentioned there are more 18+ users playing than you actually think. Just look around and you'll find a few :P

wixard
01-07-2012, 04:48 PM
@wixard (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=64175); and @RockyHorror (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=53651); both are close to the age of 30 and still play habbo!

Erm he is 22 don't put me in that age bracket please imcav20 yr old that looks 16

PiippBB
01-07-2012, 04:57 PM

What exactly are for grounds for this opinion? Many of us have spent money on Habbo, why should we leave simply because we've passed the age of 18? I would imagine many of the players are actually this age now, as noted, many Habbox users certainly are. I wonder if you will cease to play Habbo when you turn 18? As you said, most of us aren't causing any harm (I'm not going to say all, because obviously a very, very small minority of adult players have caused harm, but they're largely (I would imagine) people who joined Habbo solely to commit those crimes, as opposed to those of us who started playing in our teens).

CreatureOfNight
01-07-2012, 05:05 PM
I'm 19, started playing habbo in like 2006. I stopped going on here for a while, and I just recently made this new habbo just this past month. I have always loved habbo, and there are a lot of older people who are on here. Like you'd be surprised of how many 18, 19, etc year olds are on here. And I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I'm just showing that lots of us older people go on here because we've been on here for a long time, and we will continue to do so. Like others have stated most of us don't cause any harm, we come on here to see what's going on, what's different, etc. It's a great site to be on. :)

orientalframe?
01-07-2012, 05:09 PM
i don't see a problem with people who are 18+ playing, they're not really any different

GOLD-VICAR
01-07-2012, 05:43 PM
I still enjoy Habbo, I'm 21 and a Manager for a large hotel. I've played since 2005, but only recently got back in to it. I'm starting a Poem corner and a production on Habbo for plays/poetry.

Jurv
01-07-2012, 06:02 PM
i don't have a problem with adults playing habbo as long as they're not doing anything wrong or lying about their age. and yeah, like some people have suggested you should try some of the 18+ rooms first and then perhaps some other discussion rooms or something? if you're not having any luck you can always become more involved with the habbox community. i know that most people on here seem to be mature enough to have a good conversation, no matter what age they are.

i'm 16 and will probably be playing habbo for many years to come (H)

Special
01-07-2012, 06:06 PM
being 18+ on habbo isn't an issue anymore, i'd say half of players are 18 or older

OllzIsTasty
01-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Age is a number end of the day.

LiquidLuck.
04-07-2012, 12:40 AM
Habbo can be full of really young people if you go to rooms such as the romantic ones or really full rooms. But if you search well, you can find a lot of older people. Try help desks or chat rooms with age limit for example. Apart from that, I'm 16 and I've been playing Habbo for over two years, and I usually hang out with older people, it's all about maturity, give young people a chance xD

Kodger
04-07-2012, 12:48 AM
Nothing wrong with adults on Habbo. Pre-teens are probably more to blame for the mute than the adults.

+ There's one second between childhood and adulthood.

LiquidLuck.
04-07-2012, 01:00 AM
Those that mostly caused this mute probably aren't even 13 yet.. They should be playing with Idk Action Men instead of Habbo..

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!