PDA

View Full Version : Parent Advisory Summit? LOL

DPS
29-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Saw this posted...

Parents can apply to be part of this global forum and users can nominate parents via an online form. We are going to select two parents from each of the ten countries in which we operate to create a council of twenty. Applications will be open for one week before a short list is drawn up and successful applicants are contacted. The Summit will take the form of a three-day online forum, facilitated by senior manager from the Sulake business. Interested users and parents can find out more information and apply on this link: http://parentsummit.habbo.com (http://parentsummit.habbo.com/)For parents whose applications are unsuccessful and for those who do not wish to take part in the Summit, but would like to contribute, we have also set up an email address: [email protected]. This is an important learning exercise to help us finalise the future direction of the business, and all constructive contributions will be warmly welcomed.”

http://www.sulake.com/blog/entries/sulake-opens-applications-for-parent-advisory-summit-chat-to-be-reopened-in-france-germany-italy-and-the-netherlands/

heres the website... doesnt seem to have .com on yet!

http://parentsummit.habbo.com/

Sorry if already posted i looked but couldnt see it.

JustinNewcastle
29-06-2012, 02:53 PM
Doing something as half-hearted as this makes Sulake seem less-concerned instead of more, in my opinion.

Mathew
29-06-2012, 02:57 PM
lololol cringe. it's bound to be a short-lived thing until it all dies down in the media. shame really because they could have been doing this kind of thing years ago. i agree with you justin!

Inseriousity.
29-06-2012, 05:52 PM
Wonder how many users pretend to be their parents

lawrawrrr
29-06-2012, 05:56 PM
lol this just begs for people to pretend to be their parents.... nice idea though i guess

also for all the haters this was totally posted on habbox news first. ha.

ickles
29-06-2012, 06:15 PM
I see this idea failing pretty quickly

Fifty-Six
29-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Haha, I kind of laughed when I saw this. I think this "initiative" is going to be extremely short lived.

Catchy
29-06-2012, 06:57 PM
LMAO me and Red; was gonna pretend for jokes but then we seen they have to call you and stuff thought mmmm no thanks... Rather not!

Red
29-06-2012, 06:58 PM
no Jacob... YOU were going to pretend for jokes. I was not. PMSL

Kieran
29-06-2012, 07:13 PM
They're only choosing 2 parents from each hotel as well... hardly a big thing :P

Pigperson
29-06-2012, 08:38 PM
Bringing parents in would protect us from the dangers I guess but 2 for a whole country is a bit small lol.

Will

GommeInc
29-06-2012, 09:32 PM
It will do sweet sod all. It's a publicity thing which will probably back fire. Would parents really want to talk to a failing CEO who acts less mature than his customers?

Perfected
29-06-2012, 09:33 PM
I'm wondering how many parents actually care/know about their kids playing Habbo.

Years ago when I started playing, my mom only knew about it because I would ask for her credit card for credits...unless a game is on Facebook, she wants nothing to do with it. :P

Mark
29-06-2012, 09:37 PM
This is all doing my head in. They're over complicating things with all these silly little tasks that cause more confusion than before. Wish they'd get it all sorted and unmute the hotel.

Kodger
30-06-2012, 04:12 AM
How many parents even know their children go on Habbo? And how many of them know and understand it?

Habbo is a site in which only regular users can make a judgement on really. From the outside world it's a 'game' or 'social networking' site, which effectively it is, however it's far more.

But, if it get the media attention away, brings users back, and more users in, it can only be a good thing.

dbgtz
30-06-2012, 09:21 AM
Why not just use the call for help and player support systems properly, it really isn't that hard.

Fifty-Six
30-06-2012, 08:46 PM
Habbo is a site in which only regular users can make a judgement on really. From the outside world it's a 'game' or 'social networking' site, which effectively it is, however it's far more.

Exactly. That's why the Channel 4 report was biased and a bit inaccurate. The only thing the parent summit would do is restore their "faith" in Sulake and possibly get parents more informed about online safety, yet if there's only 2 parents per country, they're most likely going to know about the internet if they're participating in the summit.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!