PDA

View Full Version : Radio mic.

Military-Calv
30-06-2012, 11:16 AM
DJing is in my blood, I take this stuff seroisly and my dream is to become a professional Radio DJ for a huge company.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/531315_4295945206400_587752995_n.jpg

Watcha think?

SackRace
30-06-2012, 11:51 AM
What kind of mic is it?

Military-Calv
30-06-2012, 11:57 AM
What kind of mic is it?

Its designed for DJing.

I don't have a clue what it's called.

Richie
30-06-2012, 12:13 PM
h3h3 habboxlive in the background

if you took it seriously you'd know what equipment you use :P how much was it?

peteyt
30-06-2012, 12:38 PM
This is my set up

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/424441_288355694564873_530694035_n.jpg

Military-Calv
30-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Its a USB2.0 Podcast/Vocal Microphone £39.99 half price from £80 @peteyt (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=69493)
Love the setup

SackRace
30-06-2012, 01:30 PM
This is my set up

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/424441_288355694564873_530694035_n.jpg

That's smart, how much did ya pay for all of that?

DPS
30-06-2012, 02:18 PM
You must be pretty young, also you said your mic was designed for djing? no it wasnt designed for Presenting/Broadcasting.

DJing isnt the same as Broadcasting.

Also i think your pretty young due to most people dont use Decks anymore, they prefer to use CDJ's all the worlds top DJ's use CDJ's.

Stopping and starting a song doesnt make you a DJ.

---------- Post added 30-06-2012 at 03:19 PM ----------

Also the first picture doesnt support the 2nd picture.

Diffrent mics, and comp screens.

Kieran
30-06-2012, 02:21 PM
You must be pretty young, also you said your mic was designed for djing? no it wasnt designed for Presenting/Broadcasting.

Also i think your pretty young due to most people dont use Decks anymore, they prefer to use CDJ's all the worlds top DJ's use CDJ's.

That's because they're two different people...

DPS
30-06-2012, 03:10 PM
That's because they're two different people...

WOOPS i was just switching from screen to screen. looked like the same people but guess they wasnt oh well.

Calvin
30-06-2012, 06:14 PM

Diffrent mics, and comp screens.How does using Vinyl Decks indicate that he's young? Younger people would know more about technology, so they would most likely purchase CDJs or a Controller when starting to DJ, not Vinyl Decks which older people who are used to Vinyl records would tend to use more as they were brought up with them.

And I think you need to get used to users on here saying DJing and not presenting which is the correct term for what he's talking about. If anyone is to blame then it's HabboxLive for using the term DJ instead of presenter, encouraging listeners to use it more. ;)

Qzaki
30-06-2012, 07:32 PM
I use an audio technica at2020 its a great mic however I dont DJ :P

DPS
30-06-2012, 08:25 PM
Vinyl Decks = thing of the past... hate to say it tbh as i love mine, but i changed to CDJ's to change money and time.

peteyt
30-06-2012, 08:36 PM
That's smart, how much did ya pay for all of that?

Got a lot of stuff cheap. You can get great equipment in pawn type shops, ebay etc. Many that's as good as new. The microphone is a Rode NT1-A Condenser. Usually about £150 but a friend was selling it for £100 with the stand and other bits. The mixer is a Behringer XENYX 1002B, that was a similar price I think, had it for quite some time (got it online, can't remember where). Got a BEHRINGER COMPOSER PRO MDX2200 - Compressor, Limiter etc. (although currently not working fully so getting replaced). There's a soundcard you can't see on there with a drop box so we can have multiple connections. A M-Audio one, could have been £100 can't remember. We also got a pioneer amp quite cheap possibly £50 and the Sony speakers where only like £20. Finally Numark TT1610 turntables the pair came together for like £20 in a local shop. We intend to get a CDDJ eventually and a telephone hybrid so we can link our phone call to our mixer. Could do with a second microphone actually.

I agree with the first part. I always call myself a presenter because I just play out and talk but we do have some proper DJ's. I bought our vinyl decks because they where only £20 for the pair and in good working order so it wasn't a lot of money and some of our presenters do have vinyl records. But like someone said, old people do use them it's the new ones that use CDDJs. Although a lot of people do like retro stuff.

DPS
30-06-2012, 09:15 PM
Got a lot of stuff cheap. You can get great equipment in pawn type shops, ebay etc. Many that's as good as new. The microphone is a Rode NT1-A Condenser. Usually about £150 but a friend was selling it for £100 with the stand and other bits. The mixer is a Behringer XENYX 1002B, that was a similar price I think, had it for quite some time (got it online, can't remember where). Got a BEHRINGER COMPOSER PRO MDX2200 - Compressor, Limiter etc. (although currently not working fully so getting replaced). There's a soundcard you can't see on there with a drop box so we can have multiple connections. A M-Audio one, could have been £100 can't remember. We also got a pioneer amp quite cheap possibly £50 and the Sony speakers where only like £20. Finally Numark TT1610 turntables the pair came together for like £20 in a local shop. We intend to get a CDDJ eventually and a telephone hybrid so we can link our phone call to our mixer. Could do with a second microphone actually.

I agree with the first part. I always call myself a presenter because I just play out and talk but we do have some proper DJ's. I bought our vinyl decks because they where only £20 for the pair and in good working order so it wasn't a lot of money and some of our presenters do have vinyl records. But like someone said, old people do use them it's the new ones that use CDDJs. Although a lot of people do like retro stuff.

All the DJ's i know now use CDJs.

And im talking mostly the top 100 in dj mag.

peteyt
01-07-2012, 02:20 AM
All the DJ's i know now use CDJs.

And im talking mostly the top 100 in dj mag.

Yeah lots use them but there are some old school people out there. I got them as they where cheap - i mean for £20 if anyone has vinyl it's an extra way to play music and makes the studio look more full

DPS
01-07-2012, 09:34 AM
Yeah lots use them but there are some old school people out there. I got them as they where cheap - i mean for £20 if anyone has vinyl it's an extra way to play music and makes the studio look more full

True and i guess if you have the right software you could do what DJ's like Ravine do, he has 2 special vinyls and can scratch ect on them and it do it via software on hes laptop.

OllzIsTasty
02-07-2012, 12:04 AM
I've seen that microphone in Maplin for 20 quid odd.

peteyt
03-07-2012, 05:24 AM
I've seen that microphone in Maplin for 20 quid odd.

Which one. The first one? I bought my first condenser from Maplin. It was crap ha.

True and i guess if you have the right software you could do what DJ's like Ravine do, he has 2 special vinyls and can scratch ect on them and it do it via software on hes laptop.

I read an article about how a few DJ's have moved back now because a lot of people have been accused of faking playing live and quite a few big names have been caught doing it.

DPS
03-07-2012, 10:45 AM
Which one. The first one? I bought my first condenser from Maplin. It was crap ha.

I read an article about how a few DJ's have moved back now because a lot of people have been accused of faking playing live and quite a few big names have been caught doing it.

Yeah lol. but most wouldnt fake it, they DJ because its something they love.

redtom
03-07-2012, 12:53 PM

A DJ , is a person who selects and plays music for an audience. Including Radio DJs & Club DJs this doesn't have to include creating your own music, so DJing and Broadcasting can be and are often the same thing.

I'm pretty sure them decks are vinyl and electronic, I could be wrong though.

Shockwave.2CC
03-07-2012, 12:57 PM
I like them sorta mics :)

peteyt
03-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Yeah lol. but most wouldnt fake it, they DJ because its something they love.

But then to many probably it's a job first.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!