PDA

View Full Version : the safety of habbo is hanging from questions like these..

Tidings
02-07-2012, 12:50 AM
someone offers to send me some pictures of justin concert yesterday. you just have to give to email address. you do?
1) who says that truth is to use my address to send photos of justin bieber? once you have my email you can use it for whatever you want
2)I give my other email, do not use that much. the melons will not have my main email and I will have pictures.
3)of course I give you my email. I love justin and I need those pictures!

** notice, answer number 2, "the melons" lmfao. **

I've been chatting all day about how amazing it is my brand new jacket. looks great but this person does not believe i have it. you do?
1)I get a picture and put it on the internet to prove him wrong.
2)I do not know. that person is probably a troll.
3)I assure you I have that jacket and I say where I bought it to check

** im sure trolls were an issue to get rid of in the safety of minors? **

a friend you've met recently is sending you habbo and more expensive gifts in the game. asks you to keep it secret so that others do not feel bad. you do?
1)its your money. doesnt matter to me what you do with it or not.
2)I tell that person you do not want more gifts and notice a moderator.
3)I do nothing. I love getting attention. People are jealous be my stuff.

**notice that someone sending you gifts has nothing to do with safety, gifts can only be bought through the catalog. pointless question **

i translated these and more from habbo.es
they are as pointless as the habbo way quiz questions and do not raise matters appropriately. even one about camming, the "right" answer is " i do not want them to take advantage and save images from the webcam " - which is not raising the security at all, they should be saying "report user immediately, never go on webcam with someone you don't know in real life. "

what on earth are habbo playing at? i know its aimed for kids but come on?

Jarkie
02-07-2012, 12:55 AM
They Seem to have used trick questions. I really can't wait for this to be on .com. Gonna be so funny lol

P.s these questions u have found. My god they are pointless. It's just basically that habbo way quiz but more odd and pointless...

Red
02-07-2012, 12:57 AM
They seem stupid and confusing like the revised habbo way lol ;/ What relevance are the last 2 even? :S

Absently
02-07-2012, 01:08 AM
i honestly wouldn't know how to answer those :( i must be too young for habbo :'(

Jarkie
02-07-2012, 01:16 AM
i honestly wouldn't know how to answer those :( i must be too young for habbo :'(

Get ur mum to help :P lol na there will be an answer guide posted within mins of this actevating.

MONEYMAGIC
02-07-2012, 01:20 AM
Lol the melons :P Some stupid questions and answers haha!

Mark
02-07-2012, 01:28 AM
Sigh, has habbo really improved is the question I ask myself when I hear news like this. It's a shame tbh but Habbo think the majority of us are thick 10 year olds

Logandyer45
02-07-2012, 01:34 AM
I passed on .es ; Can't say most american words...

Jordan732
02-07-2012, 03:01 AM
someone offers to send me some pictures of justin concert yesterday. you just have to give to email address. you do?
1) who says that truth is to use my address to send photos of justin bieber? once you have my email you can use it for whatever you want
2)I give my other email, do not use that much. the melons will not have my main email and I will have pictures.
3)of course I give you my email. I love justin and I need those pictures!

** notice, answer number 2, "the melons" lmfao. **

I've been chatting all day about how amazing it is my brand new jacket. looks great but this person does not believe i have it. you do?
1)I get a picture and put it on the internet to prove him wrong.
2)I do not know. that person is probably a troll.
3)I assure you I have that jacket and I say where I bought it to check

** im sure trolls were an issue to get rid of in the safety of minors? **

a friend you've met recently is sending you habbo and more expensive gifts in the game. asks you to keep it secret so that others do not feel bad. you do?

**notice that someone sending you gifts has nothing to do with safety, gifts can only be bought through the catalog. pointless question **

i translated these and more from habbo.es
they are as pointless as the habbo way quiz questions and do not raise matters appropriately. even one about camming, the "right" answer is " i do not want them to take advantage and save images from the webcam " - which is not raising the security at all, they should be saying "report user immediately, never go on webcam with someone you don't know in real life. "

what on earth are habbo playing at? i know its aimed for kids but come on?
you do rellise google translate sucks so dont use it habbo.com got diffrent questions to those

Tidings
02-07-2012, 03:58 AM
you do rellise google translate sucks so dont use it habbo.com got diffrent questions to those
the questions were translated badly, but they were that simple, i made them readable from my own logic.
and yes .com ones may be different in text, but this is how they are going to be; pointless, obvious and not addressing the issues correctly.

PriceTags
02-07-2012, 04:47 AM
The second one is addressing the issue of not sending somebody you don't know photographs of yourself and the third one is warning against being friends with somebody just because they're giving you massive gifts, which could lead to other things. I don't think the questions are quite as pointless as you suggest.

I did the quiz on Habbo.es myself and I got the Justin Bieber question, but I forgot about the 'melons' so I didn't get to translate it. Also the answers might make a bit more sense if you translate 'le' as 'them' as in the 'someone' referred to in the questions, because it's highly unlikely that you would refer to a friend using the 'usted' form.

Seikou
02-07-2012, 11:39 AM
the one about the gifts really is stupid, they all are lol

Tidings
02-07-2012, 11:56 AM
i dont understand spanish at all. its latin based so in some cases it makes sense if i squint at it..

Absently
02-07-2012, 11:58 AM
Get ur mum to help :P lol na there will be an answer guide posted within mins of this actevating.Yeah I don't think I'll be asking my mother since I'm 18...

Jarkie
02-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Yeah I don't think I'll be asking my mother since I'm 18...
Was a joke my friend :P

SackRace
02-07-2012, 12:37 PM
All of them are well stupid lmao

MissAlice
02-07-2012, 03:45 PM

This question is very much safety related.

Just think about how a paedophile might try to buy their friendship with you. Showering you with gifts you didn’t ask for. It also states this is someone you’ve recently met and they have asked you not to tell anyone. Why the secrecy? What is it leading to? How long before they start saying you owe them?

Red
02-07-2012, 03:50 PM
I got what the third one is suggesting but I think it needs to be more explicit? :S Could literally just be they said to keep quiet as they don't want other people to beg of them? So we are going to get banned now and accused of being pedophiles for sending people presents.

As for the second one, it may be addressing giving pictures online but you could simply upload a picture of the jacket, not yourself. It doesn't say that you are in the picture.

Tidings
02-07-2012, 03:58 PM
This question is very much safety related.

Just think about how a paedophile might try to buy their friendship with you. Showering you with gifts you didn’t ask for. It also states this is someone you’ve recently met and they have asked you not to tell anyone. Why the secrecy? What is it leading to? How long before they start saying you owe them?

it might be that, but it is not addressing the situation appropriately. considering the right answer was the first option.

geo
02-07-2012, 04:09 PM
All the questions seem pretty weird and things, hope are questions are slightly better. I understand that Google translate isn't brilliant, but they just seem stupid. :P

MissAlice
02-07-2012, 04:09 PM
it might be that, but it is not addressing the situation appropriately. considering the right answer was the first option.

Although the first option may be the right answer, the third answer could also be applicable. It could all be very innocent. It certainly makes you think.

Tidings
02-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Although the first option may be the right answer, the third answer could also be applicable. It could all be very innocent. It certainly makes you think.

the questions are based on a 3 choice answer with one of them being correct. the first one is the correct one, which is not dealing with things the way it should be. now if the question had said " a habbo you have met , older than you, and keeps sending you gifts as though they want to be closer to you, what do you do?"

something like that would have been more appropriate.

MissAlice
02-07-2012, 04:19 PM
the questions are based on a 3 choice answer with one of them being correct. the first one is the correct one, which is not dealing with things the way it should be. now if the question had said " a habbo you have met , older than you, and keeps sending you gifts as though they want to be closer to you, what do you do?"

I agree, it is not written as we would expect.

But if someone was showering me with gifts, I would instantly be suspicious of their motives. But that's how I think :P

Tidings
02-07-2012, 04:24 PM
I agree, it is not written as we would expect.

But if someone was showering me with gifts, I would instantly be suspicious of their motives. But that's how I think :P

if someone showers you with gifts, you say thanks, you dont have to take it any further. it could be classed as grooming yes, but it is not addressing that.. the revised habbo way is poorly written, for 5 year olds.

Plebings
02-07-2012, 04:50 PM
..actually it kinda happened recently, some random guy gave me 50c, then after accepting tried to give me more credits, i didn't accept anything after the 50c as i thought they might have been purchased illegally, which might result in me being banned.

anyway.. if someone was showering you with gifts on habbo, i doubt you'd think STOP GIVING ME GIFTS, I MUST REPORT YOU IMMEDIATELY.

PriceTags
02-07-2012, 06:46 PM

If the first thing you read on a website was something about old people sending you gifts, would that not give the impression that said website was riddled with paedophiles? Sometimes it's not always that obvious and I think the quiz addresses that. If you were told not to accept gifts from those older than yourself, you might think it's fine if they claim to be your age.

Pigperson
02-07-2012, 06:55 PM
Lol that's pretty strange.

Will

Tidings
02-07-2012, 07:02 PM
If the first thing you read on a website was something about old people sending you gifts, would that not give the impression that said website was riddled with paedophiles? Sometimes it's not always that obvious and I think the quiz addresses that. If you were told not to accept gifts from those older than yourself, you might think it's fine if they claim to be your age.

paul has said that habbo users will be string up with real identities to refrain people posing as someone else.
also, yes, its been all over the news, that habbo is a "paedophile haven" so of course they should raise these matters. if gifts were such a problem the option to send them would not be there, a gift is a gift, but if the person is asking for something in return that should be a worry, why didnt they mention that? they could have said " a habbo has sent you a lot of gifts and is now asking to talk to you on skype" they didnt address anything properly and made the questions pathetic.

Empired
02-07-2012, 07:20 PM
What will this questionnaire do anyway? Anyone who has been asking for "cam" knows that it is wrong, but does it anyway. Therefore they will not struggle to answer correctly in a questionnaire :S

Jendro
02-07-2012, 08:58 PM
I don't actually think the questions and answers are that bad, as they involve some sort of humour and make you read all answers, in a way. Furthermore, now they can say they've warned you beforehand in a fairly effective manner, so I think this is a very nice step forward for Habbo.
The only thing that bothers me is the 'white list' which makes you able to say words on that list only... This still enables kids to say things like: "Wow, it's so big" (implying something Habbo wants to prevent), whereas "the pussycat walks around" will probably be a lot more difficult to say. I'd say no censorship at all, OR the return of Bobba (and the ability to turn the Bobba filter off :P)

Also, it is not solely Habbo's responsibility to 'bring' safety. Safety on the web is a stance you decide to take, and I think Habbo effectively tries to raise the awareness now.

Samantha
02-07-2012, 09:10 PM
I think the second question could easily be turned back on yourself? If it was me I would probably tell them a safe site, the site I got it from but really you could just be banned for saying where you got it from as I could have easily given them a scam site. So, although it's not the correct answer I find that might be the one some may go for?

Fifty-Six
02-07-2012, 09:40 PM
I find these questions, as well as the ones on the Habbo Way quiz were actually somewhat hard. It's hard to tell if they're being sarcastic and/or trying to be humourous with the answers..

MKR&*42
02-07-2012, 10:19 PM
I think the Qs are fine? :S Considering it will mainly be for new members (a while after the unmute), they're fair questions?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!