PDA

View Full Version : Reporting your friend via CFH

Shorty
02-07-2012, 08:42 AM
Just noticed this was uploaded to Habbo.com's texts earlier.

help.cfh.unfriend.confirm.message=The user you are reporting is your friend. If you continue, they will be removed from your friend list.

It seems that if you report a friend, it will remove them from your friends list, thoughts?

Jarkie
02-07-2012, 08:48 AM
O_o hmmm this is a bit odd. I don't get if you report someone on your 'f/l' they need to get removed.
unless its built for people adding peeps then talking sexual to a user; then the user reports and auto removes them for safety?
I wonder if the user will be blocked to add each other again? :S

Dean
02-07-2012, 08:52 AM
Creates a bit of an awkward moment when you get a 2 hour ban, log back in to find one of your friends is no longer on your list? It's most likely aimed at the younger audience who are targeted online.

PixelWarning
02-07-2012, 08:55 AM
I think it's a brilliant strategy to improve on safety.

You also have to ask yourself, how often do you actually report your TRUE and REAL friends? Often times you're sitting right there with them doing some sort of shenanigans. If you're reporting someone your friends with, chances are you're not really friends.

Jarkie
02-07-2012, 08:58 AM
Creates a bit of an awkward moment when you get a 2 hour ban, log back in to find one of your friends is no longer on your list? It's most likely aimed at the younger audience who are targeted online.

My thoughts exactly.. I swear other 'kid' online games already do this like; Musie monsters and club penguin. I would not be surprised if they have pretty much copied their services and made it into a kids game rather a teenager game.

PixelWarning
02-07-2012, 09:02 AM
My thoughts exactly.. I swear other 'kid' online games already do this like; Musie monsters and club penguin. I would not be surprised if they have pretty much copied their services and made it into a kids game rather a teenager game.
Moshi Monsters ** :P

Also, I know some of the employees that work for the sites that you mentioned. They cater to "tweens and teens" so this type of safety strategy is actually becoming industry standard. The same can be said about Facebook, they do the same exact thing and they cater to a much larger audience.

lawrawrrr
02-07-2012, 09:16 AM
Makes sense, if a friend is doing something inappropriate you don't really want/shouldn't really have them on your f/l...

Dean
02-07-2012, 09:22 AM
Moshi Monsters ** :P

Also, I know some of the employees that work for the sites that you mentioned. They cater to "tweens and teens" so this type of safety strategy is actually becoming industry standard. The same can be said about Facebook, they do the same exact thing and they cater to a much larger audience.

When you report someone it lets you tick/untick the "Block this person?" box. Maybe Habbo should do this instead of automatic? Some people may want the choice but I do agree with @lawrawrrr (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=61966), if you report someone on your friends list, should they be there in the first place?

Jarkie
02-07-2012, 09:23 AM
When you report someone it lets you tick/untick the "Block this person?" box. Maybe Habbo should do this instead of automatic?

I prefer this idea it.. send it to sulake at once!

Dean
02-07-2012, 09:25 AM
I prefer this idea it.. send it to sulake at once!

The fact that you like this idea makes me believe you report your friends ;)

The only reason I'm guessing it is automatic is because younger people are more likely to add someone to their list and get targeted over the IM feature, and therefore a removal from the friends list on report would be logical.

Jarkie
02-07-2012, 09:27 AM
The fact that you like this idea makes me believe you report your friends ;)

The only reason I'm guessing it is automatic is because younger people are more likely to add someone to their list and get targeted over the IM feature, and therefore a removal from the friends list on report would be logical.

lol na I don't, i don't report anything.. not after I got banned for reporting a bad name a few months ago.

Mathew
02-07-2012, 10:10 AM
Bit silly if you report someone for blocking and they're on your friends list. :P

DPS
02-07-2012, 10:50 AM
It's because when channel 4 reported about paedos they did it over console. this is just a quick fiX for one of the problems.

Kyle
02-07-2012, 11:01 AM
I don't think this is for all in game reports, just those via the console. e.g. if somebody added you and started advertising a retro there was no way to report them previously, except in one of the older versions I believe. If you report somebody on your friends list for being rude in a room, for example, I don't think that'll remove them from your list. A much needed feature I think.

Tidings
02-07-2012, 11:28 AM
facebook does this exact same thing. i think its a good idea, it means the CFH is for serious matters only. not that there were be any because we will be limited to club penguin style sentences ^.^

Red
02-07-2012, 11:32 AM
Did they use to do this when you could report through console before? Can't really remember. I think it will be good to have the report feature back on the console. It should never have been removed.

Chris
02-07-2012, 11:37 AM
I understand why they've done it. I'm guessing it's mainly aimed at the younger players though.

funn
02-07-2012, 01:22 PM
Its kinda ridiculouse how habbo assumes that habbo is played mainly by younger than 15 year old people

sex
02-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Its kinda ridiculouse how habbo assumes that habbo is played mainly by younger than 15 year old people

i toetally aggree with you!

pretty sure this was an old feature on the little yellow console?

Tom
02-07-2012, 01:48 PM
I actually quite like this idea; at the end of the day you may report your friends as a joke but there's not a lot of people who do that. There's more people who report people on their friends list because of something they've said or done. So yeah, it makes sense for them to then be removed.

Plebings
02-07-2012, 01:58 PM
actually do know people who report friends, so this is great.

MKR&*42
02-07-2012, 04:09 PM
Thank goodness for this. In great support of it.

Will also stop CFH abuse for people who report their friends "as a joke".

MissAlice
02-07-2012, 04:16 PM
Did they use to do this when you could report through console before? Can't really remember. I think it will be good to have the report feature back on the console. It should never have been removed.

Yeah it was an old feature, and I think it will be good to have it back.

Zuth
02-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Seems pretty fair to me

Pigperson
02-07-2012, 06:56 PM
That sucks for joke reports but not too bad I guess :P

Will

Fifty-Six
02-07-2012, 07:19 PM
Glad they added this. If you report a friend seriously, why should they still be your friend? Also, all that idiotic CFH abuse can go down as a result of this being implemented.

e5
04-07-2012, 09:01 AM
I think it's a brilliant strategy to improve on safety.

You also have to ask yourself, how often do you actually report your TRUE and REAL friends? Often times you're sitting right there with them doing some sort of shenanigans. If you're reporting someone your friends with, chances are you're not really friends.

Yeah exactly. You're only gonna report some idiot on your friends list, not an actual friend, so this is a very good idea. It's like with Facebook, if you report someone for doing something it blocks them.

Ardemax
04-07-2012, 10:20 AM
Yeah I thought they had this before. Good to see they've got their priorities right eh.

Kyle
06-07-2012, 03:41 PM
An update on this as it is now in full force. It appears that it isn't just for the console:

http://i50.tinypic.com/qoxg5s.png

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!