PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade from XP, Vista or Windows 7 to Windows 8 for $40

mrwoooooooo
02-07-2012, 08:41 PM
http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/b/bloggingwindows/archive/2012/07/02/upgrade-to-windows-8-pro-for-39-99.aspx

Great move by Microsoft, although I won't be upgrading my laptop however as the UI is only good on touch devices imo.

xxMATTGxx
02-07-2012, 08:58 PM
That's quite good of them actually, may have to think about this seeing if I want to do it or not. Cheers for posting!

Fifty-Six
02-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Might have to update the desktop.. it's still running on XP Pro :P

GommeInc
02-07-2012, 10:07 PM
Now what would that convert to in British monies? :P A good move, that means Windows 7 and Windows 8 have had their prices considerably slashed on release. 7 was quite cheap for a few months to allow people to convert from Vista, and it seems they want people to do the same and convert to 8. It could win them a lot of favours.

dbgtz
02-07-2012, 10:39 PM
Hmm no thank you M$. Not a bad deal I guess but windows 7 is probably better.

Now what would that convert to in British monies? :P A good move, that means Windows 7 and Windows 8 have had their prices considerably slashed on release. 7 was quite cheap for a few months to allow people to convert from Vista, and it seems they want people to do the same and convert to 8. It could win them a lot of favours.

A wild guess would be £35.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!