PDA

View Full Version : New Type Of Chat On The Way? (Uh Oh)

PiippBB
06-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Just received a minimail from the staff and it mentions a new type of chat: closed chat. Closed chat seems to consist of drop down menus containing preselected words instead of open chat which is what we have now. Very strange, considering Paul said we would start with limited chat (we now have) then move to filtered chat (blacklist as opposed to whitelist). He's never mentioned 'closed chat' before. No idea what this could mean. Just for new accounts? Applied to accounts after a ban? :S And what about the chat we have now? This mail says it will become more open, but certainly doesn't seem to hint we will change from a whitelist to a blacklist filter. If they have no intention of moving us to a blacklist filter and decide to make the first level 'closed chat' I can't see Habbo lasting very long. But then it does seem to contradict the news article on the homepage which also says we will, in the future, move to a blacklist. Very strange.

Jarkie
06-07-2012, 12:24 PM
Yes I got this too.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t83/jarkie/df-1.png

Samantha
06-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Oh I don't think I've got that yet, but saying that I didn't get the VIP one until today.

Munex
06-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Closed chat would be for people who haven't passed the safety quiz, etc. - could be used for people who get muted as well?

The open chat isn't very open at all at the moment, and I'm not sure how 'open' they can make it. What about complicated words? How long will it take until onomatopoeia, photosynthesise and antidisestablishmentarianism appear in this open chat? And I can't imagine getting to a point where Unscramble can be played in Trivia...

PiippBB
06-07-2012, 12:32 PM
Closed chat would be for people who haven't passed the safety quiz, etc. - could be used for people who get muted as well?

The open chat isn't very open at all at the moment, and I'm not sure how 'open' they can make it. What about complicated words? How long will it take until onomatopoeia, photosynthesise and antidisestablishmentarianism appear in this open chat? And I can't imagine getting to a point where Unscramble can be played in Trivia...

If you go to the picnic area you can now suggest new words. I'm sure they will add most words, so long as they can't be used in a way which breaks the Habbo Way. They say they want positive words which can be used to play the game.

Red
06-07-2012, 12:39 PM
'with a much better word filter' So we are stuck with this white list forever? :(

MKR&*42
06-07-2012, 12:42 PM
WHAT. I'M NOT BEING STUCK IN THIS WHITELIST FOREVER TYVM.

No sorry, we were allowed to earn our way out of this chat according to the brilliantly devious Paul Lafo, and now we're being told we can't? Utter crap, I don't want this restricted open chat and closed chat. I want chat where there is a decent blacklist, not this white list.

And suggesting words may be fine and dandy, but do you realise how many words in the English language there are? Not forgetting names of actors/musicians/sportsmen(or women). Film titles, song titles, brands etc. It's ridiculous.

Michael
06-07-2012, 12:46 PM
When we will we get normal chat back?

Unfortunately we don’t have a clear schedule yet on how long this white listed chat stays the only chatting method. We'll do everything we can to develop Habbo as fast as possible. We´ll let you know as soon as we have more details.

- https://help.habbo.com/entries/21661688-chatting-goes-white-listed

In the beginning the list is quite limited but we'll be adding more words all the time. This way we'll make sure that everything works the way it should and we can get off to a good start. Of course, development doesn´t stop here and the plan is to get a viable solution underway as soon as possible, so that real deal “free” chatting can commence… always with the Habbo Way in mind, of course :D

MKR&*42
06-07-2012, 12:50 PM
- https://help.habbo.com/entries/21661688-chatting-goes-white-listed

So there (Strictly speaking) is no "free chat/normal chat" as they promised? We have to follow the words on this whitelist no matter what. Broken promises by Sulakeeeee.

This would probably cause me to consider quitting if they don't add the normal chat (with the blacklist) back at all :/

Samantha
06-07-2012, 12:59 PM
See people have been thinking Paul will follow through with his plans on 'listening' to the players but really he's contradicting himself and going back on his word. What I think has happened is that Paul does like to leak info therefore he could have leaked some things before they were set in stone and now he has to take back what he said. I think I'm going to go on Habbo now just to suggest some words as I'm not going to use 'Sam And Far' all the time on Habbo.

garriet
06-07-2012, 01:09 PM
guess we won't be able to 'express ourselves' for a while!!

http://i.imgur.com/1VuQR.png

Catchy
06-07-2012, 01:11 PM
Absolutely ridiculous and this new chat thing has made me feel WAY old to keep playing, meh.

PiippBB
06-07-2012, 01:13 PM
I'm confused. In the minimail it's made out that we'll be whitelisted forever. The FAQs then contradict this by making it clear that we will be blacklisted (they don't use these words, but the fact they're telling us we'll be back (as as close as possible) to the old chat and they're calling it free chat (same as Paul). So which is it Sulake? Whitelist forever, or blacklist in time? Hopefully the latter; if it's the former I really can't see Habbo surviving very long.

Calvin
06-07-2012, 01:31 PM
Surely they must have some sort of long term plan for this whitelist, or else they would just put a blacklist in the first place?

Samantha
06-07-2012, 01:50 PM
I'm confused. In the minimail it's made out that we'll be whitelisted forever. The FAQs then contradict this by making it clear that we will be blacklisted (they don't use these words, but the fact they're telling us we'll be back (as as close as possible) to the old chat and they're calling it free chat (same as Paul). So which is it Sulake? Whitelist forever, or blacklist in time? Hopefully the latter; if it's the former I really can't see Habbo surviving very long.

Yeah they did this with the Account Lock, on the FAQs it says it's per IP that this will occur but when you actually get locked it says it's for changing a browser :P.

Pigperson
06-07-2012, 02:43 PM
This chat is getting annoying, starting to become more like club penguin with phrases.

Will

PiippBB
06-07-2012, 03:22 PM
Surely they must have some sort of long term plan for this whitelist, or else they would just put a blacklist in the first place?

No, the idea of the whitelist is that new users and those who have broken the Habbo Way can 'learn' what behaviour is acceptable and what is not. It's not supposed to be long term for anyone. The fact it looks like they're now backtracking from the whitelist to drop down menus for new users is therefore all the more confusing; it seems to imply everyone will keep the whitelist as opposed to being upgraded to the blacklist which Paul has kept telling us will happen.

Cerys
06-07-2012, 03:24 PM
Hating this chat.
It won't even let me say my name xD I hope this isn't long term..

Paige.
06-07-2012, 04:21 PM
hate the chat already, it won't even let me type single letters so can't use proper punctuation marks :l

PiippBB
06-07-2012, 05:49 PM
Paul's still saying via Twitter that chat will 'return to normal' soon. He's also said it will return once they've flushed out those breaking the rules. So it looks like they'll ban ban and ban during the coming weeks until they're satisfied they've kicked out enough wrongdoers then release the blacklist chat.

JustinNewcastle
06-07-2012, 05:54 PM
I feel so disappointed. After all this wait, being subjected to this nonsense whitelist really takes the wind out of my sails.

Laurensh1
06-07-2012, 05:58 PM
What you have now is closed chat. Type a word, stop halfway and hoover your mouse over it, then you get suggestions for words. Try der and see suggestions derp for example.

Samantha
06-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Yeah I think that's in another thread or this haven't really looked. I like how they've done that though but I put filtered and they suggests filipino to me.

PiippBB
06-07-2012, 06:00 PM
What you have now is closed chat. Type a word, stop halfway and hoover your mouse over it, then you get suggestions for words. Try der and see suggestions derp for example.

Yes Lauren but the way the minimail worded is made it sound as though we were gonna be given drop down menus to choose words from. I suppose this whitelist is the same thing but easier because we can try and type the words.
JustinNewcastle; Doesn't look like it'll be this way for long. Paul has just said via Twitter that we return to normal chat in a few weeks. And he emphasised it as weeks.

MKR&*42
06-07-2012, 06:01 PM

Is derp seriously a suggestion or was that just a random example LMAO? :(

Also, in the minimail they say "chat that is open - like the one we just introduced", so isn't this open chat?

Laurensh1
06-07-2012, 06:17 PM
Is derp seriously a suggestion or was that just a random example LMAO? :(

Also, in the minimail they say "chat that is open - like the one we just introduced", so isn't this open chat?

Its a serious example. Try it.

MKR&*42
06-07-2012, 06:44 PM
Its a serious example. Try it.

Haha it really does. I typed herp and it gave me "Herro" as a suggestion as well.. lmfao.

Mathew
06-07-2012, 06:49 PM
anyone else just cba talking on Habbo now? everything seemed easier when we were muted and i still find myself waving at people instead of saying hi... :P

Halas
06-07-2012, 07:02 PM
RIP HABBO

Jarkie
06-07-2012, 07:05 PM
This word system is horrid. Trying to have a normal convo is so hard. Not be able to even complete words or even the use of grammar is soo URGH... RAGE

Fifty-Six
07-07-2012, 08:53 PM
Why is "their" banned? Can't use apostrophes or punctuation either, it's getting annoying. I thought it would be a good enough filter but apparently they're blocking perfectly normal words. Whats really getting me though is numbers are banned... can't say "10" or anything, so trading is a pain.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!