PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Banned for asking a question ?

Shoe
06-07-2012, 12:50 PM
I asked why you were not allowed to say the name Zak ??

Stupid right ??

Then tried to log on and found this!!

http://i49.tinypic.com/35b6p2e.png

Samantha
06-07-2012, 12:52 PM
Yeah Laura, it's began getting stupid and there's loads of names that you can't say. They haven't really taken much into consideration as some normal English words are required and they also haven't thought of American and British English much either.

MKR&*42
06-07-2012, 12:54 PM
They've been more bias towards British English than American English in some cases aha. You can say "trash" but not "garbage" ;).

But yeah, that ban is ridiculous. There's a huge load of unfair bans now... mods are back to banning everyone for saying anything at all. I find it amusing that you got banned for that, yet I tried selling my body and asking people to feel it yet received a warning and that was it? xD

Shar
06-07-2012, 12:55 PM
Wow that is ridiculous :|

Samantha
06-07-2012, 12:56 PM
They've been more bias towards British English than American English in some cases aha. You can say "trash" but not "garbage" ;).

But yeah, that ban is ridiculous. There's a huge load of unfair bans now... mods are back to banning everyone for saying anything at all. I find it amusing that you got banned for that, yet I tried selling my body and asking people to feel it yet received a warning and that was it? xD

I don't say garbage anyway :S I say rubbish lmao. Hopefully they'll make it better though.

Shoe
06-07-2012, 01:00 PM
They are being so pathetic with it... like you can't say zak yet hell and stupid are fine to say ? wtf is that all about...

Zak
06-07-2012, 06:10 PM
clearly my name is super hardcore

Shar
06-07-2012, 06:12 PM
Its so stupid..you can say certain names but you can't say others :|

Red
06-07-2012, 06:14 PM

You can say realised but not realized muhahaha love it

MKR&*42
06-07-2012, 06:14 PM
You can say realised but not realized muhahaha love it

Really, omg yes. Forcing the Americans into British English ftw >: )

Jordan
06-07-2012, 06:19 PM
I saw that on twitter earlier.

@PaulLaFo How do I request something be added to the whitelist? My habbo name Nothematic (nothing wrong with it?) is filtered...

@Nothematic We can't add Habbo names to the list for obvious reasons. thanks

Martin
06-07-2012, 06:23 PM

I don't get whats obvious about it? LOL

Surely if a name is suitable for registering with and is not breaking the rules then its fine to be used in conversation or when addressing someone? Its not like its their real names/personal info etc?

sex
06-07-2012, 06:24 PM

theres a few habbo names not filtered, mostly notably skatechu

Jordan
06-07-2012, 06:27 PM
well obviously there are going to be names unfiltered because they could well be actual english words, but what pauls tweeted says that if your name is filtered then it's not getting unfiltered. As martin said I don't see whats that obvious about it not being unfiltered.

sex
06-07-2012, 06:29 PM
i never said said there was anything obvious about it...... i was just saying his tweet is clearly lying with names like skatechu and yellowbyebye2 being unfiltered when they are hardly english words used in normal conversation lol

Oleh
06-07-2012, 07:06 PM
i never said said there was anything obvious about it...... i was just saying his tweet is clearly lying with names like skatechu and yellowbyebye2 being unfiltered when they are hardly english words used in normal conversation lol

sex
06-07-2012, 07:23 PM

well done on another pointless post. but jordan made it out like i was saying it was obvious.

Seikou
06-07-2012, 08:16 PM
what are they actually doing banning everyone? enough people have probably quit due to the mute/new safety chat feature and now they're handing out unnessecary bans here there & everywhere, do they want to lose half óf their players or something?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!