PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] habbo chat COMPLAINT

Mathew
06-07-2012, 08:33 PM
why can you say couldnt wouldnt shouldnt wont dont ill

but you can't say couldn't wouldn't shouldn't won't don't i'll

UGH WHY ARE THEY ENCOURAGING THE IMPROPER USE OF GRAMMAR?????

Munex
06-07-2012, 08:34 PM
Suggest it in the park, if you haven't already. It's a good idea.

MKR&*42
06-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Because they're imbeciles.

No seriously, it's because people could bypass the number limit previously by doing apostrophes - e.g. I could have given my phone number by going 07123'''''''''45678''''''''''9. That's not my number btw, I wouldn't put it past you to think that x

It also would have allowed you to get past rude words aha. It's really silly this chat system.

Samantha
06-07-2012, 08:37 PM
Yeah they wont allow things like that's it's and stuff either. It's stupid, although many don't talk properly on the internet I use apostrophes a lot.

Munex
06-07-2012, 08:38 PM
I don't think apostrophe on their own are censored, though. Even if they are, other punctuation is not, so I don't think it's to do with bypassing things.

lawrawrrr
06-07-2012, 08:39 PM
you cant even say but

it's so annoying.

MKR&*42
06-07-2012, 08:40 PM
I don't think apostrophe on their own are censored, though. Even if they are, other punctuation is not, so I don't think it's to do with bypassing things.

It is to do with bypassing things, it won't allow you to put anything after an apostrophe to stop you bypassing something like the number filter (in the old case) or in current times, highlighting the rude parts of words. E.g. Anyone got a CAM'''''''eron.

Munex
06-07-2012, 08:40 PM
you cant even say but

it's so annoying.

*Touches your but*

Empired
06-07-2012, 08:41 PM
This thing is annoying me. How do they expect the already mostly illiterate population of Habbo to learn grammar if they are not allowed to use it?

Jarkie
06-07-2012, 08:45 PM
*Touches your but*

oi thts my job ;) and lol its so annoying. they have had over a month to get things right...but still havent

Mathew
06-07-2012, 08:45 PM

No seriously, it's because people could bypass the number limit previously by doing apostrophes - e.g. I could have given my phone number by going 07123'''''''''45678''''''''''9. That's not my number btw, I wouldn't put it past you to think that x

It also would have allowed you to get past rude words aha. It's really silly this chat system.

can do it with full stops wat???

http://i.imgur.com/kxhsa.png

Munex
06-07-2012, 08:50 PM
can do it with full stops wat???

http://i.imgur.com/kxhsa.png

That's what I meant by other punctuation is not censored, so I'm confused why they would ban apostrophes due to people bypassing things.

MKR&*42
06-07-2012, 08:54 PM
That's what I meant by other punctuation is not censored, so I'm confused why they would ban apostrophes due to people bypassing things.

I think it's because before you couldn't bypass with other punctuation :P Especially via forums. I didn't realise you could do it via full stops now aha my bad.
Mathew; go with my first answer, cause they're silly ok x

geo
06-07-2012, 08:59 PM
thank god it's temporary but still it's bloody annoying. can't say much at all, might as well just mute us again until they can sort it out lol.

LiquidLuck.
07-07-2012, 08:08 AM
I'm freaking out with this chat, srsly. You can't say ''but'' which is totally stupid, you can't say most real names like Richie or Mathew or my own, or ''probability'' or anything like it, and it's so so so annoying!

---------- Post added 07-07-2012 at 09:09 AM ----------

You can't say ''hating'', awesome.

e5
07-07-2012, 12:52 PM
Paul has always said that habbo isn't a place where they want to teach users proper grammar use. They are a social network, not a school.

You can go into the picnic area and suggest words to be added though.

Empired
07-07-2012, 01:13 PM
You can't even say numbers can you though? Like 1 2 3 4 etc and you can't say a number above ten or something can you? Idk the exact limit

Mathew
07-07-2012, 01:51 PM
Paul has always said that habbo isn't a place where they want to teach users proper grammar use. They are a social network, not a school.

You can go into the picnic area and suggest words to be added though.
Where did he say that? My studies in English Language, Psychology and Sociology would suggest otherwise.... :rolleyes:..

You can't even say numbers can you though? Like 1 2 3 4 etc and you can't say a number above ten or something can you? Idk the exact limit
Not on their own, but you can say 1c/2c/3c/ etc... or 1g/2g/3g... etc - not sure what it goes up to! :D

Empired
07-07-2012, 02:00 PM
Not on their own, but you can say 1c/2c/3c/ etc... or 1g/2g/3g... etc - not sure what it goes up to! :D

Oh ok, well I guess that makes sense or all coin shops would be dead too!

Mark
07-07-2012, 09:09 PM

you're not even allowed to type number so it doesn't make sense

MKR&*42
07-07-2012, 09:26 PM
you're not even allowed to type number so it doesn't make sense

I COVERED THAT LATER ON MARK :( Just go with the imbeciles thing lmfao.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!