PDA

View Full Version : Paul 100% confirms the normal chat will be back for trusted users

Lewis
06-07-2012, 09:00 PM
http://blog.habbo.com/2012/07/06/everybodys-talking/

for those who thought it wouldn't because of the minimail.

MKR&*42
06-07-2012, 09:02 PM
He doesn't confirm it 100% but I presume you refer to this line?:

We are going to re-introduce a less restrictive filtered chat

I hope that does mean a blacklist for trusted users... not just a whitelist with more words aha. And that minimail confused all of us :(

geo
06-07-2012, 09:04 PM
JESUS CHRIST IF I AM UNABLE TO SWEAR WHEN I GET MY NEW CHAT I WILL FLIP ****.
Maybe I won't be taken off because I said ******* and got muted for 1hr, omg what? :( :(

Red
06-07-2012, 09:06 PM
I asked Heini would the white list be removed and she replied:

'Yes (white list will stay as an option for new users before we can trust them, and for those who cannot handle free/open chat)'

:odey:
06-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Eurgh, I hate to think what the criteria is going to be to get this unfiltered chat.

MKR&*42
06-07-2012, 09:07 PM

'Yes (white list will stay as an option for new users before we can trust them, and for those who cannot handle free/open chat)'

All I can say is :loveyou:.

=Lizzy
06-07-2012, 09:08 PM
i just find it very hard to believe anything that man says after all this
anyway i hope this is true

Fifty-Six
06-07-2012, 09:18 PM
I'd expect the normal chat to return. We wouldn't be stuck on the filtered chat forever.

Samantha
06-07-2012, 09:34 PM
Yeah I think the normal, old chat will return, you've seen people attempt to do it today and it looks like they easily escaped the filter - they didn't really do anything did they? For trusted users? What's betting it's going to be something stupid like a 5 question, easy quiz that anyone could do, doesn't mean they're trusted does it; also wouldn't stop clones just signing up doing the quiz and that's that.

Jarkie
06-07-2012, 09:38 PM

Ideal :) So atm this is temp.. WOOP

lawrawrrr
06-07-2012, 09:41 PM
I think it'll really discourage users from joining if they can't say basic words such as 'but'...

Mathew
06-07-2012, 09:45 PM

1. You can see signs of a failing company when they're begging for trust.
2. "Handle" it? Oh for goodness sake. The issue isn't with the community, it's with the moderation.
3. Would it be childish of me to go on a left-wing, politically correct rant about their whitelist / blacklist? :P

iBlueBox
06-07-2012, 09:45 PM
I think we'll have a restricted chat for about a month or two. Hopefully normal chat by august / September.

Lewis
06-07-2012, 09:48 PM
He doesn't confirm it 100% but I presume you refer to this line?:

I hope that does mean a blacklist for trusted users... not just a whitelist with more words aha. And that minimail confused all of us :(

read the rest of it lol

MKR&*42
06-07-2012, 09:50 PM
read the rest of it lol

I did like twice, and then I read through it just now and somehow missed this line:

to express yourself fully without the restrictions of the current filter

Oops :L

Empired
06-07-2012, 10:01 PM
My, I hope they hurry up and trust me already! This whitelist is driving me crazy :(

And yeah, how confusing was that minimail :S

Dean
07-07-2012, 10:19 AM
Whitelist chat would ideally be for those with verified e-mails and those with accounts established for X amount of time.

Matt
07-07-2012, 10:38 AM
McDonalds; You're gonna get an infraction coz you avoided the forum filter.

OT: I hope older members get back complete chat and that we can all speak normally without them locks :L

Chris
07-07-2012, 10:51 AM
Well it certainly needs to come back. They can't expect members to enjoy the game with such a limited chat like this.

Grig
07-07-2012, 10:59 AM
how can anyone still play. I got pissed and logged out after 5 mins of that crap.

exclo
07-07-2012, 12:30 PM
how can anyone still play. I got pissed and logged out after 5 mins of that crap.

Me too. I couldn't even say 'ero'. :(

Even though I was going to type out 'erotic'...

Zak
07-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Earn their trust? I think 10 years of not being a complete pedo and being 21 in 8 days is enough trust - earn trust? are you joking, you might as well spit in the face of all long term users of Habbo

DPS
07-07-2012, 01:41 PM
Your all stupid if you trust what he says.. lol he lies alot!

He can *REMOVED*

Edited by Chris (Forum Moderator): Please do not avoid the filter!

.DnB
07-07-2012, 01:55 PM
they have got summerswag in the list but not their or these.................

DPS
07-07-2012, 01:58 PM
lol its stupid as hell..

Odette
07-07-2012, 04:13 PM
Paul is so condescending it's unreal. From his twitter:

Habbo is about expression, not repression. But trust is keyWell, I'm sorry but as customers we should be able to trust in habbo to deliver adequate moderation. As a customer I should not have to earn "Paul's" trust. Disgraceful!

Zak
07-07-2012, 05:18 PM
Paul needs to earn our respect it seems, if he ever comes into a habbox event - i'll tear into him big time

Jordan
07-07-2012, 09:33 PM
Am I like the only person who thinks it's a good idea that you have to earn the full chat feature. I do anyway :P And I believe full chat will be out in 2 weeks when the patrol thing stops.

Mathew
07-07-2012, 09:41 PM
Am I like the only person who thinks it's a good idea that you have to earn the full chat feature. I do anyway :P And I believe full chat will be out in 2 weeks when the patrol thing stops.

it looks like it. you're not a paedophile jordan, so why should you have to earn the "right" to speak? how is this going to stop potential paedophiles?..

Jordan
07-07-2012, 09:46 PM
it looks like it. you're not a paedophile jordan, so why should you have to earn the "right" to speak? how is this going to stop potential paedophiles?..

Maybe I don't see it a problem because I hardly play anymore. But yeah I do see where you are coming from and why most of you are pretty peed off with this wait.

PiippBB
07-07-2012, 09:50 PM

But if it stops teenagers from doing cyber (which I imagine having to earn trust will put a lot of people off) then it means the mods won't be so bogged down with reports of them trying to cam each other. This will leave them with time to deal with anyone who is still trying to cyber through Habbo; and hopefully catch any paedos before they have the chance.

Mathew
07-07-2012, 09:55 PM
But if it stops teenagers from doing cyber (which I imagine having to earn trust will put a lot of people off) then it means the mods won't be so bogged down with reports of them trying to cam each other. This will leave them with time to deal with anyone who is still trying to cyber through Habbo; and hopefully catch any paedos before they have the chance.

they could solve both of those problems simply by hiring more moderators. it shouldn't be a case of whether they have time to do it or not - they're a company and they need to accommodate the needs of their customers - not try to change the way in which they play to such an extent. people aren't automatically going to sign up to Habbo and go straight into cyber-sex (as much as Channel 4 would like us to believe :P) so perhaps they will have the full chat before they even discover those types of rooms anyway.

Lewis
07-07-2012, 09:58 PM

Paul and Sulake can't predict who's a pedo and who isn't. Paul doesn't make a lot of good decisions, but this is for the safety of habbo and I agree that you should earn the right to speak and be trusted, if you get banned for talking badly, then back to the old chat. And the new chat for new members to then earn trust.

Yes, they could add more moderators, but with or without more moderators, I think this is a good idea.

Mathew
07-07-2012, 10:01 PM
Paul and Sulake can't predict who's a pedo and who isn't. Paul doesn't make a lot of good decisions, but this is for the safety of habbo and I agree that you should earn the right to speak and be trusted, if you get banned for talking badly, then back to the old chat. And the new chat for new members to then earn trust.

Yes, they could add more moderators, but with or without more moderators, I think this is a good idea.

you're perfectly happy with the fact that habbo doesn't trust you and you're having to earn their respect? as i said earlier, it's no different from shoppers begging for trust in asda. :P

Pigperson
07-07-2012, 10:06 PM
Yay sounds good :P

Will

Lewis
07-07-2012, 10:19 PM
you're perfectly happy with the fact that habbo doesn't trust you and you're having to earn their respect? as i said earlier, it's no different from shoppers begging for trust in asda. :P

Yes, I am perfectly happy (I spelt out I'm perfectly habbo there - woops :P) It's there way to keep the community safe - not many pedophiles will be bothered to do the five questions and gain habbos trust, get banned and redo it all again. But yes, they do need to hire more mods...

Zak
07-07-2012, 10:25 PM
I don't get how we'll earn it, i'm guessing it'll reflect in how long a user has been registered.. which will be a total fail if it is

lawrawrrr
08-07-2012, 12:14 PM
I don't get how we'll earn it, i'm guessing it'll reflect in how long a user has been registered.. which will be a total fail if it is

I assumed it'd be the number of bans/warnings we got, and new habbos would earn it after a few months of being registered or something...

MKR&*42
08-07-2012, 12:20 PM
I assumed it'd be the number of bans/warnings we got, and new habbos would earn it after a few months of being registered or something...

Plz dont be based on bans, I have over 50 on one email :(. God knows how many McDonalds; has xD

lawrawrrr
08-07-2012, 12:23 PM
Plz dont be based on bans, I have over 50 on one email :(. God knows how many @McDonalds (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=72158); has xD

Well tbh if you've been banned for misusing the chat, why would they let you have full chat back?

MKR&*42
08-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Well tbh if you've been banned for misusing the chat, why would they let you have full chat back?

Half of those or more are unfair. I hardly think I deserve 5 flooding bans in a row when I flooded on not one of the accounts.
In other cases (not mine cause i genuinely deserve a few of those bans but meh), people get unfair bans as we have seen in the past 2 days lmfao - so if it's based on that a lot will complain.

lawrawrrr
08-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Half of those or more are unfair. I hardly think I deserve 5 flooding bans in a row when I flooded on not one of the accounts.
In other cases (not mine cause i genuinely deserve a few of those bans but meh), people get unfair bans as we have seen in the past 2 days lmfao - so if it's based on that a lot will complain.

When you appeal a ban it gets removed if it's deemed unfair. As far as the warnings/mutes go, they aren't stored on your account are they?

I think they'll just be looking at people who have been banned for sexual roleplay in the past. That's what they want to get rid of.

Or, they could start everyone from scratch and if you are banned/warned for this, then you get the limited. If your account is over 'x' days old i mean.

Zak
08-07-2012, 12:52 PM

To be fair though there is a distinct difference from messing around and being serious, mods should see that

MKR&*42
08-07-2012, 12:53 PM
When you appeal a ban it gets removed if it's deemed unfair. As far as the warnings/mutes go, they aren't stored on your account are they?

I think they'll just be looking at people who have been banned for sexual roleplay in the past. That's what they want to get rid of.

Or, they could start everyone from scratch and if you are banned/warned for this, then you get the limited. If your account is over 'x' days old i mean.

Starting from scratch would be the best bet aha^

and in the bold, I'm sure MODs can see how many times a user has been cautioned? Not sure aha. An ex-Hobba might know but meh.

lawrawrrr
08-07-2012, 12:53 PM
To be fair though there is a distinct difference from messing around and being serious, mods should see that

Yeah but like I've said, if you have been warned/banned multiple times for sexual roleplay, and that's what they're trying to get rid of, why would they let 'convicted felons' (yknow what I mean) have that opportunity back?

---------- Post added 08-07-2012 at 01:57 PM ----------

Starting from scratch would be the best bet aha^

and in the bold, I'm sure MODs can see how many times a user has been cautioned? Not sure aha. An ex-Hobba might know but meh.

They must realise there's too many fake cautions and stuff, surely?

MKR&*42
08-07-2012, 12:59 PM
Yeah but like I've said, if you have been warned/banned multiple times for sexual roleplay, and that's what they're trying to get rid of, why would they let 'convicted felons' (yknow what I mean) have that opportunity back?

---------- Post added 08-07-2012 at 01:57 PM ----------

They must realise there's too many fake cautions and stuff, surely?

I'm not sure if they can see the chatlog combined with each caution. And I'm not sure if there's an official system which displays if a caution was falsely given out or not aha, hopefully there is though :S

Zak
08-07-2012, 01:10 PM
because theres a difference between sexual roleplay between members just messing around and serious offenders who truly mean it, in 07 i told a gay guy to suck my you know what, banned till 2020. Though I appealed three years later and let off because its obviously a joke and if they actually did their moderating properly they would have realised that at the time

lawrawrrr
08-07-2012, 01:12 PM
I'm not sure if they can see the chatlog combined with each caution. And I'm not sure if there's an official system which displays if a caution was falsely given out or not aha, hopefully there is though :S

They probably can't.... but neither can they know if a caution is false. The warnings for blocking etc they can't prove/disprove, which is why I don't think they can store them. They get sent automatically when someone reports you ;l

geo
08-07-2012, 08:04 PM
I have only been banned around 70 times Intersocial; :P

MKR&*42
08-07-2012, 08:19 PM
I have only been banned around 70 times @Intersocial (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=86637); :P

More than me, disgraceful.

I remember my first ban ever *+*.

ColyTom
09-07-2012, 12:22 PM

Maybe because people deserve a second chance. It's a new system so we should start afresh :)

lawrawrrr
09-07-2012, 12:29 PM
Maybe because people deserve a second chance. It's a new system so we should start afresh :)

While I do believe they should give all habbos over a certain age, (like a few months - however long they'll decide to make new Habbos have the limited chat), it is a bit iffy if they let known chat abusers have the free chat back.

:odey:
09-07-2012, 01:59 PM
Certain age, as in, age of the account?
It would be annoying for the older generation like, 16+ who are just joining, even though it might not be many,
Because they would largely be 'mature' enough I'd hope, but people would abuse it and just lie about their age,
But the people that aren't will get treated like 11/12 year olds :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!