PDA

View Full Version : Murder - Dilemma

Munex
06-07-2012, 10:20 PM
Imagine this scenario;

I frame you - I leave false evidence everywhere to make it look like you murdered me, and then do a runner to a foreign country and never come back. The police buy it; you're imprisoned for 25 years for the murder of Munex - congratulations.

Now you are released after serving your time. The first you do when you get out is bump into me in a chance encounter, and then you really do murder me, for real this time...

The police catch you.

Are you imprisoned for the same crime twice? Have you already served your time fair and square?

Discuss!

Empired
06-07-2012, 10:25 PM
I would be smart enough not to get caught again.

Munex
06-07-2012, 10:28 PM
I would be smart enough not to get caught again.

Well, the thing is, you were framed the first time! You only committed murder once (you can't kill me twice!).

buttons
06-07-2012, 10:29 PM
well murder is murder no matter the consequence, should only be done in defense or if someone else is in danger. i'd say you've served your time fair and square but should also be imprisoned again. you shouldn't get away with murder cause you're angry or falsely accused, you'd be stupid to commit a crime after that. better to "maim or severely injure" (dobby quote :D) said person, get a light sentence and ££ for being falsely imprisoned.

sry so srs/borin

Empired
06-07-2012, 10:51 PM
Well, the thing is, you were framed the first time! You only committed murder once (you can't kill me twice!).
Ok then. It's your game I guess.
The police would have to be sososososo stupid to arrest me again for murdering you.. again. I think they should give me compensation for being imprisoned when I hadn't done anything and I would be set free as long as I went to counselling sessions.

Kyle
06-07-2012, 10:51 PM
The fact that I had already served a 25 year sentence after being framed would play a pretty huge part in this second trial. If the first conviction was quashed then compensation would need to be paid but then what are you going to do with that compensation if you're just going back to jail anyways? a weird one but nobody should ever be acquitted of murder if they're guilty of it! send me away.

Plod
07-07-2012, 12:01 AM
In England & Wales, we got rid of the Double Jeopardy (being tried for the same offence twice) law back in 2003, partly due to the Stephen Lawrence case, so yes the person who killed you could technically be tried twice.

However under the circumstance you provided, forensics would prove that you died recently, and not 25 years ago, so the first conviction would be made void anyway, but the person would face the full force of the law for actually murdering you, so it would be back to jail to start another life sentence. Murder is murder. You can only kill someone in a few circumstances, such as self-defence (and even then it has to be reasonable force).

Stephen
07-07-2012, 12:02 AM
I'd show the police this thread where you admit to everything

http://danceswithfat.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/victory.jpg

e5
07-07-2012, 12:58 PM
If its out of defence and not intentional, that's manslaughter :p
well murder is murder no matter the consequence, should only be done in defense or if someone else is in danger. i'd say you've served your time fair and square but should also be imprisoned again. you shouldn't get away with murder cause you're angry or falsely accused, you'd be stupid to commit a crime after that. better to "maim or severely injure" (dobby quote :D) said person, get a light sentence and ££ for being falsely imprisoned.

sry so srs/borin

Cerys
07-07-2012, 01:01 PM
I suppose if you've already done the time for the false accusation then you've done the time for the real thing. They can't put you in twice for the same person.

Though you did actually murder them so you're dangerous and may do it to someone else so you should have some time in prison eg 5-10 years, but not as much as previously.

MKR&*42
07-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Yes you deserve to be imprisoned twice. There are very little cases which can justify "murder" and this isn't one of them - just because you have been falsely imprisoned it does not give you the right to commit revenge against that person.

So yes, I would have them shoved in jail again. The person who faked his death has already died this time anyway so he cannot be punished for getting a man falsely sent to prison as well.

Lee
08-07-2012, 04:33 PM
You wouldn't murder somebody risking another life sentance straight after getting out (Unless you where one of them who couldn't adapt to life out of prison so reoffend to get sent back down).

DPS
08-07-2012, 04:44 PM
1. would be abit hard if there isnt a body.. they can do many things to a dead body to see if its you.
2. nobody does 25 years anymore lets be serious i could kill someone, and be out within 15 years.

GG

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!