PDA

View Full Version : Logging in without your email

LoveToStack
07-07-2012, 08:13 PM
It used to be you could log in without knowing the email linked to your account. If you typed the account name and got the password right then it would give you some pop up telling you how you need to log in with your email address etc. However this pop up effectively meant that you didn't need to know or even type your email when logging in because after clicking OK on the popup, it would autofill the email address associated with that account name.

Now it seems that they've removed this feature and it's no longer possible to access accounts with fake email addresses where I've just mashed my hand into the keyboard with no intention of ever remembering it.

I can completely understand why they've removed it since it made the whole 'log in with your email' thing a moot point when you didn't actually need to know the email. That said, it would be nice to get access to these accounts which up until recently I've been able to get onto.

tl;dr How to get on to an account which you know the name and password for but not the email address it's linked to (and not the DoB because if the account has a fake email it likely has a fake DoB too)?

Samantha
07-07-2012, 08:17 PM
I just tried that and noticed that it doesn't actually say incorrect password or username for me it just refreshes the page, I would attempt to contact customer support with a valid email in the hope that they reply - even though you don't know your date of birth you could always give it a try.

Most of mine are fake too but luckily they come up when I begin typing them!

vito201-:D
07-07-2012, 08:34 PM
It used to be you could log in without knowing the email linked to your account. If you typed the account name and got the password right then it would give you some pop up telling you how you need to log in with your email address etc. However this pop up effectively meant that you didn't need to know or even type your email when logging in because after clicking OK on the popup, it would autofill the email address associated with that account name.

Now it seems that they've removed this feature and it's no longer possible to access accounts with fake email addresses where I've just mashed my hand into the keyboard with no intention of ever remembering it.

I can completely understand why they've removed it since it made the whole 'log in with your email' thing a moot point when you didn't actually need to know the email. That said, it would be nice to get access to these accounts which up until recently I've been able to get onto.

tl;dr How to get on to an account which you know the name and password for but not the email address it's linked to (and not the DoB because if the account has a fake email it likely has a fake DoB too)?

I had this issue as well with all my many, many, many accounts...

The way I bypassed it was that when that login method seased to work I noticed that I could still merge the accounts to a new EmailID - I've retrieved about 80% of accounts I've attempted this method with...
I think you still only need the username and password to merge them. ^-^
- Alex (Shenk).

Kyle
07-07-2012, 08:45 PM
yes just merge the account to an id you currently possess. worked for me plenty of times

Samantha
07-07-2012, 08:51 PM
Oh I never knew that either so I'll try that if I have any I can't retrieve, thank you :D!

Pigperson
07-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Maybe merge the account? or just customer support?

Will

Remus
07-07-2012, 10:48 PM
I've been having the exact same problem however i can't get into my old one i made 5 years ago because I changed the email address a while ago and I can't remember the email it was attached to nor can i probably get into the email account either. I tried contacting customer support but all they do is emailyou a form asking for your sign up email, emails attached to the account etc so it was pointless. :|

lawrawrrr
08-07-2012, 12:13 PM
I had this problem with the new ID I created, but for some reason I can't merge ANY ID's on my main account. God knows why! Anyway, I left a ticket in Customer Support and they said there's nothing they can do about it, they won't tell me what e-mail I used.

I loved the old feature where you could forget your email address but they'd still let you log in with the username and they'd tell you waht the email was. Made it easier for hackers that way though I guess...?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!