PDA

View Full Version : [TV] Once Upon a Time

Showder
09-07-2012, 11:57 AM
Before we begin, lets just establish that I'm the number one biggest fan in the whole entire world of this series (don't know if this sentence make sense but, that's how crazy I am over this TV series!) and I'm not so sure if anyone did a thread about this before (can't be bothered to check) but yes, I'm their biggest fan.

Basically if you don't know what Once Upon a Time is about (in South East Asia, it airs at FOX Movies Premium every weekday at 9pm but the first season is over already so...) I'm going to just, give a brief summary...

*+*+PLOT+*+* (copied from www.imdb.com)

In a land of magic, princesses, fairies and witches, an Evil Queen places a spell that freezes time and transports all the inhabitants of the fairytale world into Storybrooke, a town in the modern day USA. They cannot remember anything of their past lives and the Evil Queen now known as Regina is running the town and its inhabitants as the Mayor. The only one who knows the truth is Regina's adopted son Henry due to his book of fairytale stories. In order to make things right Henry manages to track down his birth mother Emma who is living in Boston and convinces her stay with him in Storybrooke. For Emma is in fact the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming and is the only one who can break the spell. Now as the fairytale stories begin to unfold in the real world and Emma slowly begins to believe Henry's claims, tensions between Regina and Emma rise. This rivalry develops and Emma becomes determined to stop Regina as well as build on her budding relationship with her mother (who is now Henry's good hearted school teacher) and the son she abandoned ten years ago. Written by Lady N1
--------------

Okay, that's literally the summary and I'm totally hooked onto it so if there's any fans of OUaT out there, feel free to comment and discuss here :)

Here's the trailer if you wanna just have a look ~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15__iA1MTqc

Red
09-07-2012, 12:06 PM
YES. I love it so much. I got so hooked and watched the entire series in one sitting haha. Recently got Diistrict; hooked too ;)

Showder
09-07-2012, 12:08 PM
I can see by the avatar you have... I love my dynamic duo, Emma and Regina <3 They're awesome ^_^

Succubus
09-07-2012, 02:28 PM
YES. I love it so much. I got so hooked and watched the entire series in one sitting haha. Recently got @Diistrict (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=90418); hooked too ;)

Yes yes, It's amazing LMAO (Cough ruby looks like a **** from what eps I've been watching LMAO)
But yeah it's good atm :P

LiquidLuck.
17-07-2012, 12:14 AM
Yes yes, It's amazing LMAO (Cough ruby looks like a **** from what eps I've been watching LMAO)
But yeah it's good atm :P

LMAO!! I totally agree she does look like one! But as Red she is amazing <3_<3
Snow is my fav kty kty ^_^ She might be stupid 'cause she keeps going back to that doomed love, but she ends up doing the right choices. Love her :3

Red
17-07-2012, 12:16 AM
irk she looks so nice as red!! I love Snow too. She's lovely!!

LiquidLuck.
17-07-2012, 12:17 AM
Indeed she is ^_^

Succubus
17-07-2012, 05:17 AM
Going to watch eppy 12 on wards tonight Red;

Inseriousity.
17-07-2012, 09:41 AM
I liked the sound of it and I know jane espenson is involved and she's amazing but never really bothered to go look for it. I will give it a go eventually lol :D

Ms.Aquamarine
18-07-2012, 12:13 AM
I just started watching this show last night and I like it so much already. I'm watching Episode 3 right now haha. :D

Ooh this is random, but I recently find out Ginnifer Goodwin is from my state. :P

Succubus
18-07-2012, 04:40 PM
I just started watching this show last night and I like it so much already. I'm watching Episode 3 right now haha. :D

Ooh this is random, but I recently find out Ginnifer Goodwin is from my state. :P

Oooer, never knew you'd start watching this.
It's addictive!

Sloths
19-07-2012, 03:26 AM
I watched like the first 2-3 episodes and didn't really like it or get into it, people are saying it's really good though so I may have to rewatch from the beginning :P

Hollie
19-07-2012, 08:56 AM
I watched the first one but I didn't really get it. Might watch it for another couple of episodes though cause apparently it gets better at around 3. :P

LiquidLuck.
20-07-2012, 03:02 PM
Yeah I agree with the comment above. The first two episodes just explain a bit how things are in the current life time. After that the plot gets more complicated and so much more fun! You will see all the characters you knew as you were growing up in a totally different way. It will show you stuff you haven't even thought about when you first read the books xD

Episode 18 I think, tells you about Snow White's dwarfs and how Grumpy how his name. It's SO CUTE! :3

Inseriousity.
20-07-2012, 09:44 PM
I decided to watch the series cos the premise sounded interesting and something that I'd watch. I was a bit worried about the shelf life of the idea because if it ran for 4 seasons or something, 4 seasons of 'fairy tale story/emma story/emma doesnt believe fairy tale story/regina tries to stop emma/nothing really changes would get really dull eventually. That's why I absolutely love the ending and can't wait til next series :D

sex
23-07-2012, 01:11 AM
ok because of this thread i started to watch this two days ago and i actually love it. im on episode five atm and its just amazing. did it get picked up for a second season or is it just the one then oveR?

Red
23-07-2012, 01:15 AM
ok because of this thread i started to watch this two days ago and i actually love it. im on episode five atm and its just amazing. did it get picked up for a second season or is it just the one then oveR?

There is a second season!! wooo

LiquidLuck.
23-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Do not spoil, please. Here in Portugal series come out really late compared to native English-speaking countries..

sex
23-07-2012, 03:58 PM
Do not spoil, please. Here in Portugal series come out really late compared to native English-speaking countries..

are you not watching it online? i haven't seen in on UK tv yet

but omg spoilerr dont click unless you watched up to episode 8/9

DOES GRAHAM DIE? THE ONE BIT OF EYE CANDY
WHY
i hope he comes back

LiquidLuck.
23-07-2012, 06:02 PM
are you not watching it online? i haven't seen in on UK tv yet

I-ve seen the first season almost all, but I don't watch it online because there are no subtitles and I don't want to risk not understanding it. Lol.

---------- Post added 23-07-2012 at 07:04 PM ----------

And yes he does dies, it-s amazing the way he dies. You will lose that episode! It's impossible not to! Regina basicly kills him and you have another proof she is a total weirdo. xD

buttons
24-07-2012, 12:26 PM
oooh i randomly started watching this the other day cause my friend watches it and she put it back to the first ever episode for me. im only on ep 4 but

im a bit confused though cause
when they went to 'real' life it would have been 28 years ago (cause thats how old emma is...) but none of them have aged. i know time was stopped right so have they just stayed their same age all this time and not realized? im so confused lol

sex
24-07-2012, 12:53 PM
oooh i randomly started watching this the other day cause my friend watches it and she put it back to the first ever episode for me. im only on ep 4 but

im a bit confused though cause
when they went to 'real' life it would have been 28 years ago (cause thats how old emma is...) but none of them have aged. i know time was stopped right so have they just stayed their same age all this time and not realized? im so confused lol

i cant remember what episode maybe 6/7 but the teacher (snow white) and graham (huntsman) have a talk because graham is starting to remember his old life as a huntsman in a fairy tale and he says to the teacher that he has known her all his life but doesnt know how, he doesnt remember meeting anyone just that he can remember knowing them for as long as her can remember. idk if thats helped

buttons
24-07-2012, 12:57 PM
i cant remember what episode maybe 6/7 but the teacher (snow white) and graham (huntsman) have a talk because graham is starting to remember his old life as a huntsman in a fairy tale and he says to the teacher that he has known her all his life but doesnt know how, he doesnt remember meeting anyone just that he can remember knowing them for as long as her can remember. idk if thats helped
yeah i was just wondering it's weird cause what do they know about their 'real' life past like their childhood n stuff if they were put on the earth when theyre already older. but then i thought maybe regina decides their lives cause remember when john woke up his wife is suddenly found even though no-one had been claiming him before that. like regina just suddenly 'finds' her

sex
24-07-2012, 01:00 PM
yeah she is evil she knew her all along i think she just was waiting for him to wake up so him and snowhite wouldnt hook up

LiquidLuck.
25-07-2012, 04:30 PM
At first, Regina and Mr. Gold are the only ones who remember what has happened. As the story goes, we are told that the Mad Hatter also does, and that is his curse. The huntsman though is the only one until now that didn't remember his past life, but started to.

In the first episodes, they say that they all have memories of their real lifes, memories that were put into their brains by Regina, so maybe they have been there for quite a long time? They just grew older? Or maybe they have been the same age all along because time had stop? No idea..

sex
26-07-2012, 06:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhEqxYcyx6E

Dunno if this has been posted but its a season two promo! Its not coming back to fall though :(
There are going to loads of more fairy tale characters introduced!

Red
26-07-2012, 06:31 PM
omg captain hook!! Thanks Gray ham. Can't wait for Ariel and the new characters.

sex
26-07-2012, 06:40 PM
same, i just finished watching all the episodes and i want more :(

Red
26-07-2012, 06:42 PM
Same! Its been a couple of months now since I watched them, so think I may rematch them and gossip girl from beginning. hehe

LiquidLuck.
26-07-2012, 07:24 PM
OMG Ariel? Really?? That's like my fav disney princess!! YAY!

By the way, how can they introduce Captain Hook if the Xeriff was supposed to play Peter Pan but they didn't get like rights, the copyright, whatever it's called, for it?

sex
26-07-2012, 07:45 PM
maybe they got the rights for the second season because the first season was such a success
no idea tbh!

LiquidLuck.
29-07-2012, 12:57 PM
maybe they got the rights for the second season because the first season was such a success
no idea tbh!

Yeah, maybe. That would make sense lol

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!