PDA

View Full Version : Me playing the Piano

Munex
10-07-2012, 02:59 PM
I taught myself how to play piano.

This is a little section of the Fantasie Impromptu. I didn't put the coda in at the end because I should practice it a bit more first! :¬:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq3J8TFVDew&feature=plcp

And this long one is Chopin's Raindrop Prelude, with a few mistakes - but I won't tell you where. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fggm16KbNJ4

Sorry for my really wonky walk at the start (I hate how I walk) and also for scowling at the camera at the end - sorry lawrawrrr; :@. I'm not very photogenic. Oh! And at the end of the first video I have some monster sigh thing, I don't know what happened there but it sounds really strange... :rolleyes:

Enjoy! :D

SackRace
10-07-2012, 03:01 PM
This is good actually, I'm no expert on piano or keyboard because I'm no good at it thanks for sharing :D

lawrawrrr
10-07-2012, 03:23 PM
technically it's a piano not a keyboard...

Like I said, these are really good, especially for no professional lessons :( could do with a bit more practice for a lighter touch but really nice job :)

Samantha
10-07-2012, 03:31 PM
Really nice, it's good what you can do with your own motivation, like news - should do some more ;).

However, I liked that :D.

Munex
10-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Really nice, it's good what you can do with your own motivation, like news - should do some more ;).

However, I liked that :D.

:P Well, I've never missed a minimum, got the highest amount of reports last week and have already done one for this week. Also, I've never had an edit PM! :) How many have you done recently? ;)

And thanks everyone. <3 :D

Samantha
10-07-2012, 03:34 PM
:P Well, I've never missed a minimum, got the highest amount of reports last week and have already done one for this week. Also, I've never had an edit PM! :) How many have you done recently? ;)

And thanks everyone. <3 :D

Touche, I've been doing reports thank you! Anyway, you should learn different songs too, I learnt to play the keyboard/piano mainly with www.VirtualPiano.net lawrawrrr; :D.

lawrawrrr
10-07-2012, 03:36 PM
Touche, I've been doing reports thank you! Anyway, you should learn different songs too, I learnt to play the keyboard/piano mainly with www.VirtualPiano.net (http://www.VirtualPiano.net) @lawrawrrr (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=61966); :D.

I PREFER A REAL PIANO KTY ;) getting a load of piano books for ma birthday :)

Munex
10-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Samanfa; I know a lot more songs. Zelda, Toy Story, Loads of other film and game music. Also know a few pop songs. Might record some more in the coming weeks, who knows. And virtual piano is a bit limited ;)

Samantha
10-07-2012, 03:41 PM
I PREFER A REAL PIANO KTY ;) getting a load of piano books for ma birthday :)

Lmao I just use my old clarinet books, they help too. I remember I sent my dad for a Christmas Songs book as I was playing Little Donkey for my class, they changed the song then :(.

However, again Nathan, listened to the other too and that's great too :D!

Jurv
10-07-2012, 03:41 PM
i don't really know anything about piano's but just by listening to them both, they sound really good. keep it up :)

Futz
10-07-2012, 03:43 PM
You're sick dude, keep at it man

geo
10-07-2012, 04:13 PM
like cameron i don't really know anything about pianos other than they're damn hard to learn. :( for someone that has learnt by himself, it sounds really good. would like to hear some more from you!! :)

BAMItsJawsh
10-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Wow, you're really good! Keep it up. Love to see more/

MizzBex
10-07-2012, 04:28 PM
I think you're really good at playing the piano, especially in the first one! I have no idea how you play so quickly, aha! Well done - I look forward to hearing some more :)

Kyle
10-07-2012, 04:36 PM
be a little more gentle when playing fantasie. a few pauses but generally well played :) very good for somebody who is self taught.

Munex
10-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Thanks everyone. (:
Kyle; The pauses in Fantasise are on purpose, although I know I don't play it very well.

Alex3213
10-07-2012, 04:48 PM
Thanks everyone. (:
@Kyle (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=30795); The pauses in Fantasise are on purpose, although I know I don't play it very well.

Well I disagree with this, I think you played it pretty well. I love both of the pieces you played so thanks for making me happy and living up to my to my expectations! :P

I think like Laura said, definitely have a gentler touch because it simply means that the contrast between louder and softer sections create something pretty fantastic and makes the piece even more beautiful. There were a few times where I think you could have been a bit more careful with your dynamics (in the Raindrop Prelude) but most of it was pretty good. For someone who is self-taught I think that you've done both of these pieces justice so well done, but like I said I think the next step is to make your touch a bit lighter because this is something which is carried on throughout whatever piece you play and can make your playing sound so much better.

Kyle
10-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Thanks everyone. (:
@Kyle (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=30795); The pauses in Fantasise are on purpose, although I know I don't play it very well.
I know they're on purpose but I think they were a fraction too long in some areas making it feel like you were stopping to think what key to press next rather than playing it all in one go. I realise that this is how it's normally played but you could make it just a little more fluid. You do play it well though! would be nice to hear some more from you :)

Munex
10-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Alex3213; Thanks :) and yeah, I know my touch needs work. I only have a cheap keyboard to play on at home and haven't had the luxury of a baby grand piano at school until just this year (and even then I hardly get to use it). These videos were rushed because I literally had to leave right after I recorded the Raindrop, so I wasn't paying as much attention to the articulation. I don't really have an excuse for the Fantasie though! It's just so fast, it's hard to keep it gentle!

:odey:
11-07-2012, 10:10 PM
Oh mannn, I'm so jealous.
I used to play the Piano & Keyboard way back,
But I stopped when I went to secondary school, and now I'm too old to even remember the info when I try and learn something.. haa :(!
Fab playing, nicely done <3

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!