PDA

View Full Version : Using iPhone abroad?

Arron
11-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Do any phone companies do any deals where you can use your phone abroad? I'm going away this weekend and will be using my phone to text family and checking Twitter and Facebook etc.

Thread Moved by Lee (Forum Moderator): From 'Tourism, Holidays, Vehicles & Transport'.

Kieran
11-07-2012, 06:12 PM
Im pretty sure nearly all UK companies have now introduced their one rate for the day deals under EU regulation.

Mark
11-07-2012, 06:13 PM
I know T-Mobile do internet boosters. I'm going away tomorrow and I have the 50mb for £10. I'm not really sure about texts and calls but your best bet with that is to buy a sim card over there or get like phone credit to use at a pay phone if you're going to be making calls. I don't think a text will cost more than 20p although what's weird with t-mobile is they charge 20p for a text and 10p for a picture message.

Lee
11-07-2012, 09:14 PM
O2 have a bolt on you can use for cheap data. I'd advise you turn roaming off though to avoid unnecessary charges.

Deak
11-07-2012, 09:51 PM
My advice on this would be to

a) buy a cheap sim from where you are going to so you get their rates.
b) contact your operator & see what they can offer you
c) turn your roaming data off & just use wi-fi if possible

HotelUser
15-07-2012, 03:23 PM
My advice on this would be to

a) buy a cheap sim from where you are going to so you get their rates.
b) contact your operator & see what they can offer you
c) turn your roaming data off & just use wi-fi if possible

If the OP is visiting the United States or Canada and wants a standard smartphone plan it's going to cost him a lot of money for a pathetic plan, our carriers compared to yours are a colossal ripoff and limit data and text messaging like there's no tomorrow.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!