PDA

View Full Version : New Rule: Room Link

Jarkie
12-07-2012, 11:01 AM
In the 'COOL ROOMs' bit of this forum, there is a huge increase of users posting Retro rooms. To fix this I reckon you should make this rule.

A user is posting their room(s); User must then post the ROOM link; and the user who owns that room. Maybe?

This will stop the retro rooms, I think>>> 'cos then people can see it is a fake and report it ASAP.

JerseySafety
12-07-2012, 11:05 AM
Yeah, agree with this. Although retros are REALLY easy to tell apart from real habbo - from basic things like colours of furni, to glitches and stacking between certain types of furni. One person lately has posted a few retro rooms, 2-3 I think and I don't think he's learn his lesson, continues posting them and trying to tell everyone they aren't retro rooms when they clearly are. Even with that warning thread to sighs. Ban for whoever posts a retro room from now on? :L

Jarkie
12-07-2012, 11:08 AM
Yeah, agree with this. Although retros are REALLY easy to tell apart from real habbo - from basic things like colours of furni, to glitches and stacking between certain types of furni. One person lately has posted a few retro rooms, 2-3 I think and I don't think he's learn his lesson, continues posting them and trying to tell everyone they aren't retro rooms when they clearly are. Even with that warning thread to sighs. Ban for whoever posts a retro room from now on? :L

Maybe a 'verification' thing on these cool room threads, like users can check out the room link to see if it is true or false ('Cos no doubt they will use fake link or something)

Chris
12-07-2012, 11:08 AM
Getting everyone to post a link when they post their room wouldn't be an easy thing to do. It is usually easy to spot a retro room from a normal habbo room anyway so it isn't a huge issue.

JerseyShore; A ban would be a bit harsh :P

Jarkie
12-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Getting everyone to post a link when they post their room wouldn't be an easy thing to do. It is usually easy to spot a retro room from a normal habbo room anyway so it isn't a huge issue.

@JerseyShore (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=73485); A ban would be a bit harsh :P

I still think there needs to be something.

JerseySafety
12-07-2012, 11:09 AM

@JerseyShore (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=73485); A ban would be a bit harsh :P

Yeah haha :) but I mean for repeat offenders, 2 times in like a day? Bit ott. How many warnings does he get before he gets banned? :L

Well.. you could just make me mod then I'll spot all the retros cause im good like that and there we go, job done! ;) hehe

xxMATTGxx
12-07-2012, 11:11 AM
Giving harsh warnings out for posting a screenshot of a room they may or may not have created on a retro is silly.

JerseySafety
12-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Giving harsh warnings out for posting a screenshot of a room they may or may not have created on a retro is silly.

'may' or 'may not'. you can clearly always tell whether its on a retro or not, theres no second thinking. they both look totally different. so do they not get warned at all for posting retro images, or.. ?

Chris
12-07-2012, 11:14 AM
I still think there needs to be something.

The amount of retro rooms being posted isn't THAT high so introducing a rule like that would be impractical.

Yeah haha :) but I mean for repeat offenders, 2 times in like a day? Bit ott. How many warnings does he get before he gets banned? :L

All rule breaks except pointless posting follow this system:

Pm > Warning > Infraction.

Most infractions are worth 1 point so if someone was to break the rule multiple times then it wouldn't take long for them to be cautioned/temp banned.

5 Points = 3 Day Caution
6 Points = 2 Day temporary ban
7 Points = 3 Day temporary ban
8 Points = 4 Day temporary ban
9 Points = 7 day temporary ban
10 Points = Permanent ban

xxMATTGxx
12-07-2012, 11:14 AM
'may' or 'may not'. you can clearly always tell whether its on a retro or not, theres no second thinking. they both look totally different. so do they not get warned at all for posting retro images, or.. ?

That isn't the case, anyone can go on a retro design a room and it just looks like normal Habbo. Where's your proof that it's a retro then? The only proof that it would be a retro if the following has been added to the screenshot:

a) Furni that hasn't been released publicly.
b) The URL or the name of the retro has been included in the image
c) Some sort of odd crap that would not be possible on the real Habbo client

JerseySafety
12-07-2012, 11:17 AM
That isn't the case, anyone can go on a retro design a room and it just looks like normal Habbo. Where's your proof that it's a retro then? The only proof that it would be a retro if the following has been added to the screenshot:

Ask him to show you it on habbo, proof right there. You can also tell with certain furni how it interacts with other furni. not gonna say an example, but the 'glitching' of furni on retros is different to habbo.

oh ok Chris; got it ;) never had a warning or anything I don't think, can't remember, I'm a good boy ;)

David
12-07-2012, 11:18 AM

probably why he suggested post a room link
which is also convenient if they post a rotten screenshot you cant see very good
but whats even the harm in posting a retro room design

xxMATTGxx
12-07-2012, 11:20 AM
which is also convenient if they post a rotten screenshot you cant see very good

Well yes but posting a link should be optional and not forced. Retro threads can just be reported like they have been for the past couple of years and then be dealt with by the moderator department. No extra rules need to be added as it isn't a big deal in terms of a huge increase of them being posted.

JerseySafety
12-07-2012, 11:22 AM
Well yes but posting a link should be optional and not forced. Retro threads can just be reported like they have been for the past couple of years and then be dealt with by the moderator department. No extra rules need to be added as it isn't a big deal in terms of a huge increase of them being posted.

True. explain please lol? Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur.
Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purrr

anyways on-topic, I suppose reporting it is just as good.

David
12-07-2012, 11:22 AM

yeah see my edit too
more rules is just more reason for everyone to moan about the strictness and the idiot mods overenforcing

xxMATTGxx
12-07-2012, 11:23 AM
True. explain please lol? Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur.
Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purrr

anyways on-topic, I suppose reporting it is just as good.

That would be: The Big Bang Theory - A great TV show if you haven't watched it yet.

JerseySafety
12-07-2012, 11:24 AM
That would be: The Big Bang Theory - A great TV show if you haven't watched it yet.

I've seen it but havent seen that wth -.-

yeah just stick to reporting I suppose, if it increases heaps then maybe a new rule? ;)

tired, cyaa

xxMATTGxx
12-07-2012, 11:24 AM
but whats even the harm in posting a retro room design

I would agree there is no harm but Habbox use to have a thread where users could post retro rooms but we was told it had to be removed as it encouraged people to use retros. More rules causes problems with the users and we know how a lot of Habbox users don't like more punishments, rules being added just for the sake of it so that's why keeping it for users to report is the best way to deal with this.

I've seen it but havent seen that wth -.-

yeah just stick to reporting I suppose, if it increases heaps then maybe a new rule? ;)

tired, cyaa

You clearly haven't watched all the episodes then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKLlb3Yc-Us

Zelda
12-07-2012, 11:31 AM
On the topic of room link ,its stupid really cause there are people who will just tear down a room after print screening? :L they arent gonna keep it up for a whole week if it serves no purpose to them after all.

Jarkie
12-07-2012, 11:38 AM
On the topic of room link ,its stupid really cause there are people who will just tear down a room after print screening? :L they arent gonna keep it up for a whole week if it serves no purpose to them after all.

I dont know many people who do this anymore hehe.

Anyway guys was just a suggestion.. lets not kill each other okie! :>

Red
12-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Think its all a bit harsh as they aren't encouraging people to go on retros by posting the images. Probably just find room designing fun and can't ever make the rooms they want on the normal hotel. Anyway I don't think room links should be needed because many a time, the room is destroyed after creation or an old one is posted that no longer exists.

Kasabian
12-07-2012, 12:38 PM
http://i.imgur.com/mIcYE.gif

There's no difference between posting an alternation(that you've put in a habbo room), and a room you've designed on habbo.
Heck, look at the design hxhd thread, I bet half of them are from retros.

:odey:
12-07-2012, 01:33 PM
What happened to having a thread purely for retro rooms?
Is that not allowed now with the new 'Habbo Fansite' rules?

I thought that was a good idea,
I agree with Tom, post the HxHD suggestions are on retros, and some people haven't even bothered to hide the fact that they've got 500,000 credits... :P

Surely people could just place links to locked rooms and 'pretend' it's in there.. ;) :P

Calvin
12-07-2012, 01:36 PM
Someone has probably said this already but why does it have to be created on Habbo? A user might find designing rooms fun but they don't have the resources to do so, so they go onto a retro and design a room - what's the problem? Just tell them to state that it wasn't created on Habbo or something in the post.

xxMATTGxx
12-07-2012, 01:44 PM
What happened to having a thread purely for retro rooms?
Is that not allowed now with the new 'Habbo Fansite' rules?

I thought that was a good idea,
I agree with Tom, post the HxHD suggestions are on retros, and some people haven't even bothered to hide the fact that they've got 500,000 credits... :P

Surely people could just place links to locked rooms and 'pretend' it's in there.. ;) :P

That thread was removed in June 2011 requested by Habbo.

Pigperson
12-07-2012, 04:17 PM
It would be good, maybe a bit much effort for some but yeh it would work :D

Will

Empired
12-07-2012, 04:30 PM
As said above, I think as long as you've hidden all signs of it being a retro, there's no harm in it. Some people have really great ideas for rooms but can't afford to make them on Habbo, so using a retro is fine if they just want to show off an idea? What's the problem :S

-:Undertaker:-
12-07-2012, 04:45 PM
Why do we need or want more rules?

sex
12-07-2012, 05:55 PM
Why do we need or want more rules?

I agree :S i dont see a problem with posting retro rooms, im pretty sure there use to be a thread for people to post them in... why are people getting so worked up over this lmao

Kyle
12-07-2012, 06:01 PM
Impractical. Every single one of my rooms posted (aside from about three - and I've posted over twenty) have been torn down at some stage. Posting a room link to a dead room would be a little pointless...

I think the only time posting a retro room should be against the rules is if the designer admits to doing so. Although I prefer to use what I have to make rooms rather than go to a retro where everything is given for free I have no problem with those that do use retros to build rooms, as it allows some poorer members to show their creativity as though they would if they were rich on the actual game.

Aside from to keep sulake happy there is really no other need for rules on retro rooms.

sex
15-07-2012, 11:03 AM
hi xxMATTGxx; can i ask when did the rule change about retro screenshots of rooms not being allowed posted when there was a thread for years for people to post their rooms in?

xxMATTGxx
15-07-2012, 11:13 AM
hi xxMATTGxx; can i ask when did the rule change about retro screenshots of rooms not being allowed posted when there was a thread for years for people to post their rooms in?

Thursday 23rd June 2011 at 15:56 requested by Sulake. Do you like how I know the exact date and time? Technically if the screenshot shows no sign of it being a retro then it's fine to be posted. But we aren't allowed a thread for retro screenshots etc etc.

sex
15-07-2012, 11:17 AM
do you no have the exact second? i am disappointed. thats so crap :( some of the rooms in the old retro thread where the best

xxMATTGxx
15-07-2012, 11:18 AM
do you no have the exact second? i am disappointed. thats so crap :( some of the rooms in the old retro thread where the best

I don't sorry :(

Samantha
15-07-2012, 11:29 AM
On the point of cool rooms can't we have cc tags there too as members just post saying like it or something and its really annoying. Maybe with the cc tags you'd get more discussion.

xxMATTGxx
15-07-2012, 11:37 AM
On the point of cool rooms can't we have cc tags there too as members just post saying like it or something and its really annoying. Maybe with the cc tags you'd get more discussion.

Maybe but they haven't been a huge success in the graphics forum. In regards of the amount of people who have used them.

David
15-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Maybe but they haven't been a huge success in the graphics forum. In regards of the amount of people who have used them.

when they have been used it worked though
why not have [CC] and one of the complete opposite and make prefix's a requirement in that forum?

xxMATTGxx
15-07-2012, 11:45 AM
when they have been used it worked though
why not have [CC] and one of the complete opposite and make prefix's a requirement in that forum?

Could do.

MKR&*42
15-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Thursday 23rd June 2011 at 15:56 requested by Sulake. Do you like how I know the exact date and time? Technically if the screenshot shows no sign of it being a retro then it's fine to be posted. But we aren't allowed a thread for retro screenshots etc etc.

So if a person removed anything related to the Retro site/name and the amount of credits/vip days/pixels they had, they would be allowed to post it in cool rooms?

xxMATTGxx
15-07-2012, 12:23 PM
So if a person removed anything related to the Retro site/name and the amount of credits/vip days/pixels they had, they would be allowed to post it in cool rooms?

And it didn't contain furni that was not released or high stacking that isn't possible on the real Habbo, yes.

MKR&*42
15-07-2012, 12:25 PM
And it didn't contain furni that was not released or high stacking that isn't possible on the real Habbo, yes.

Hmm ok, that seems quite fair tbh xD.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!