PDA

View Full Version : Hobba age limit

Butcher11
04-07-2004, 03:50 PM
How old do you think the hobba age limit should be?
I think 17, most ppl haven't gone off to college yet, and they still like these type of games. Anybody else got ideas?

dudey345
04-07-2004, 05:19 PM
i agree becos they should be getting on with there life including getting a job lol

Moose
06-07-2004, 07:43 PM
i think at least 16 or 17, like people r at college and r busy with finals and stuff... u noe... :S

TheBomb1234
06-07-2004, 08:50 PM
I think 16 our lower because in summer there doing nothing :S inless they have summer school :) well 16 lower what i think :)

Concentric
07-07-2004, 12:07 PM
i agree, i think if its too old lots of people will have their studying to concentrate on and going to university and wont get much time to do their job
i say 16 :p

A-K
15-07-2004, 01:49 AM
I think that it should be 17, because here in the UK, by the time you are 17 you can drive, smoke, have intimate relations (if you know what I mean), you can get married etc. So I think you should also be able to be a hobba at this age when you can allready do so many other things :)

:Illusion
15-07-2004, 01:52 AM
i don't see why the age limits that high, should be for over 15's i think. I've probably met more mature 15-17 yr olds than 18 yr olds on habbo :rolleyes: they should all be given a chance if they think they can do it :eusa_booh

SoraSafe
15-07-2004, 05:07 PM
It's 18 for a reason. It will never be lowered, 18 is the the official start of adulthood and parents like to know this.

jakgenius
15-07-2004, 07:35 PM
THERES A REASON Y THE LIMIT IS 18 SO IN HAVE TO STIK WIT 18 CAUSE U NEVER NO WAT SOMEONE COULD DO IF THERE NOT OLD ENOUGH THEY COULD GO ROUND BANNING PEEPS AND STUFF 4 NO REAL REASON AND IF U DO SOMTHING IF U ARE UNDER 18 U R STILL A CHILD SO UR PARENTS GET DA BLAME :o AND BELIVED ME U DO NOT WANNA GET SEWED BY A COMPANY/ORGANISION SUCH AS HABBOHOTEL :eusa_naug BUT ANDREW-KEVIN HAS A POINT.

AndieJohanny
16-07-2004, 10:35 PM
I agree that it should be sixteen because in the US you can drive when you're sixteen, giving you capability of seriously hurting yourself or others, much more dangerous than moderating an online chat, but then again I can understand why they would want people to be 18, and considered an adult :eusa_thin

SoraSafe
17-07-2004, 05:51 AM
You can get sued by Habbo if you fake your age and apply.

Jacko2kn3
17-07-2004, 09:32 AM
i don't see why the age limits that high, should be for over 15's i think. I've probably met more mature 15-17 yr olds than 18 yr olds on habbo :rolleyes: they should all be given a chance if they think they can do it :eusa_booh

i agree 100% with that. i know loads of people who are my age or abouts but too young to be hobbas by a few years who'd be great at it!
but, the age will never change, as someone stated before.
its something to do with parents and stuff, i try not to get involved as i cant become a hobba yet *sighs* maybe habbo will be around in 4 years time ;)

Yoshi132045
17-07-2004, 11:14 AM
I think 16 or younger because some younger habbos are very good and can go on to being good hobbas, I would like to be a hobba when Im 15 (Which is in September), that would be nice.

jamie5k
17-07-2004, 11:15 AM
if u was 16 or younger u would have every1 wanting to be a hobba.

iRoss
17-07-2004, 11:28 AM
I RECON IT SUD BE BOUT 14 :s

Butcher11
21-07-2004, 02:43 PM
Well With Andie's and Sara's points, it kind of explain why it should be 17. At 18, people will be doing more important stuff then an onine chat. 17, that exra year would be good, and also give a real life experience working.

Pixel
21-07-2004, 03:00 PM
I Wish It Was 16 Becasue Then I Would Be Able To Become A Hobba In A Year But As Its 18 Most People Start To Get Jobs And Leave Habbo So Its A Bit Pointless Being 18. And Now There Is Lots More People Going On Habbohotel.co.uk We Will Need More Hobbas to Control It

Sketti
21-07-2004, 06:08 PM
I think it should be any age as long as they have a clean record (no bans, kicks or warnings), logged on at least 200 times and have been a Habbo for 12 weeks

Butcher11
24-07-2004, 02:31 PM
Yes. but that fills almost any habbos criteria, and then it'd be difficult to determine who to pick or not.

TopBuz
24-07-2004, 04:23 PM
i think the most important requirements for a hobba is maturity and a good attitude. i know alot of 15 year olds who would make exelent hobbas and i wish they were hobbas. but the fact is alot of habbos wanna be hobbas for the wrong reasons. even well intentioned people can be corrupted by the power a hobba is given. i think this is why the age limit has to be older. i think the age should stay at 18. most 18 year olds who play habbo at least have alot of experience on habbo, and must be dedicated to be still playing.
i agree some 18year olds are immature but lowering the age limit would only make matters worse. i do sympathise with all those under 18 who want to be hobbas, but if you want it enough - it is worth the wait right?
TopBuz

Concentric
24-07-2004, 05:30 PM
i think the most important requirements for a hobba is maturity and a good attitude. i know alot of 15 year olds who would make exelent hobbas and i wish they were hobbas. but the fact is alot of habbos wanna be hobbas for the wrong reasons. even well intentioned people can be corrupted by the power a hobba is given. i think this is why the age limit has to be older. i think the age should stay at 18. most 18 year olds who play habbo at least have alot of experience on habbo, and must be dedicated to be still playing.
i agree some 18year olds are immature but lowering the age limit would only make matters worse. i do sympathise with all those under 18 who want to be hobbas, but if you want it enough - it is worth the wait right?
TopBuz
agreed. im gonna wait :p *looks at watch* 2 years to go ............. tick....tock...........tick.....tock...

Gottomi
24-07-2004, 09:38 PM
I think its pretty foolish to make 18 the age limit, because 18 year olds wont have that much time to spend on habbo.. they will be going to work and school trying to make a living while younger people like 16 year olds don't have to go to work to make a living, and they could spend alot of time on habbo helping out.

Concentric
24-07-2004, 10:29 PM
I think its pretty foolish to make 18 the age limit, because 18 year olds wont have that much time to spend on habbo.. they will be going to work and school trying to make a living while younger people like 16 year olds don't have to go to work to make a living, and they could spend alot of time on habbo helping out.
i agree totally and i hope i will have enough time when im 18, but i do agree that habbo must ensure the people they employ are responsible and adolescent enough to cope

TopBuz
24-07-2004, 10:34 PM
hmmm... if you are dedicated to habbo you find the time, watever your age.
i could easilly say that under 18 should be studying and shouldn't have much time left over for habbo... but i wont :)
TopBuz

.:moler:.
25-07-2004, 10:31 AM
I think the age limit for a hobba should be 16, thats when they have loads of free time and they no what to do, when to do it, and how to do it, they no what swaering to ban, what is classed as swaering, and they will have alot more free time than people aged 18+, because they dont have to go to work.

thanx alot .:moler:.
happy habboing!

FRISC0
25-07-2004, 10:41 AM
i think it shuld just be 16 like it used to be then they would have more hbba and it would be safer

Butcher11
25-07-2004, 01:49 PM
Not safer if the hobbas are irresponsible. Most young adolescents year olds are irresponsible, and hence why it's 18. I think 17 or 18 would be good, it gets past the toughtest part of teenage years, and would be able to have the understanding of an adult with the mind of a child.

Tantrums
25-07-2004, 02:24 PM
I think at 18, where it is set to right now is perfect. its a great age to take on responsibilty, as for the massive amounts of you that said 16 and under, would you like your hotel moderated by "little kids" i mean cmon.. put some thought into it.

:Illusion
25-07-2004, 02:30 PM
would you like your hotel moderated by "little kids" i mean cmon.. put some thought into it.

It's been moderated by 'little kids' before. I really don't care what age they are as long as they do a good enough job an theres more of them than there are now.

TopBuz
25-07-2004, 05:25 PM
lol dry.tears..
you signature made me laugh :D
p.s sorry for irrelevant post
pps i think i peed myself
:o

Edited by Dry.Tearz - Thanks but stick to the topic subject next time ;)

TopBuz
26-07-2004, 12:03 AM
sorry, i should know better...
i have taken an active interrest in this thread tho... plz see my earlier posts in this thread...
i think the 18 age limit is unfortunate for younger, yet mature and responsible habbos, but i also think it is neccessary. its a shame habbo cant find the time to have a more thorough application/interview process, which could assess ppl on their attitude and motivations and maturity, regardless of age. but untill this happens i think the 18 limit is the best way. i have said previously that i know some 15-16 year olds who would be fantastic hobbas.
TopBuz
p.s Dry.tears, i really am sorry, please dont bury me! :eusa_pray

Dry.Tearz - I won't but please don't double post, edit your previous post to add extra comments.

Jane
26-07-2004, 02:12 PM
You can get sued by Habbo if you fake your age and apply.

Wow, isnt that a bit far :S And I would say 17 because ( im not entirely sure if this is right :S ) at 16 your doing GCSE's and at 18 your dong finals aren't you? And at 17 you can drive and stuff so you must be quite responsible

MissAlice
27-07-2004, 12:07 AM
Well, this is an interesting subject !

1. I'm over 18 (sorry under 18s - we've raised the minimum age)
2. I've been coming to the hotel for at least 12 weeks
3. I've been to the hotel at least 200 times
4. I'm very well behaved and know the Habbo Way inside out.

If you got full marks, fill out the form!

I dont consider 12 weeks minimum very long at all. Ive already spent over 104 weeks.

As for 200 times - That dont count for much either.
If I logged on 3 times a day/7 days a week for the next 14 weeks I could easily clock up 200 times. This sounds dreadful but I have probably spent more than 2000 hours based on my own personal calculations.

I have been scammed a few times. And hopefully this has gained me some experience. I know what its like to lose furni, to feel betrayed. I also remember being furni-less and how very strange my first few weeks on habbo felt. I was very naive. I am very well behaved and know the Habbo Way inside out.

I think that some of the requirements fall short and that it isnt just a question of age.

Habbo should introduce a way that selects the best experienced habbos to become hobbas rather than some of the minimum requirements set above. Maybe they do :s

You might be 16,17 or 18 and still be studying or have commitments. I dont think that there necessarily is a correct age more a question of suitability.

Butcher11
27-07-2004, 05:26 PM
Great post MissAlice, if only habbo could meet the people to see what they're like, but all good things have bad problems. You're right in every way, the criteria is easy, as long you're of the age.

Kevy
27-07-2004, 10:31 PM
I said 16 or lower only because im 15. But the people who say 18 that ive seen have it for the wrong reason. The reason its 18 is because adults have more experience on the morals and have a clearer line on whats the right and the wrong thing to do. They also know how to make better decisions and what would make the habbo community a better place. I dont think a 12 or 13 year old would be the best bet to keep the hotel safe. Also it requires an ID so the habbo management really knows its you and that your 18 or over.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!