PDA

View Full Version : Budget tablets.

Alkaz
14-07-2012, 07:11 PM
I was just wondering if anyone could recommend any good, budget tablets for around £150-200? I just need something for work and general use really and don't want to fork out a fortune.

hamheyelliot
14-07-2012, 07:21 PM
I don't think there's a more well-rounded/value for money tablet other than the Nexus 7 (http://www.google.com/nexus/#/7). If you don't mind waiting a little longer until it's released, it's definitely one of the better Android tablets.

Recursion
14-07-2012, 07:35 PM
For that price, I'd definitely go for the Nexus 7, nothing will beat it for £159.

Alkaz
14-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the reply guys. That does look really good actually but on reflection I think something that size would be a bit small for me. I looked and they might have plants to release a Nexus 10 for around £250 so going up a bit more is there anything better or would the N7 still be the best one? If it is could you rec'd anything else with a bigger screen? (A)

Recursion
14-07-2012, 09:45 PM
You could wait for the Nexus 10, but how certain are people it'll be released? :P

For your sort of budget, you'll only get really ****** bigger tablets or pretty good smaller ones (such as the Nexus 7).

xxMATTGxx
14-07-2012, 09:45 PM
I don't know what the Nexus 10 but for a cheap tablet, Nexus 7 is a killer steal for sure. If you want to wait even more than I suppose you could see what the Nexus 10 is all about.

Alkaz
14-07-2012, 10:20 PM
Ok cheers guys I'll have to think about it :]

Alkaz
14-07-2012, 11:21 PM
I've just been looking at the ASUS Transformer TF300 as a more expensive alternative with the keyboard. I personally feel its really good but anyone else have opinions on it or alternatives??

mrwoooooooo
15-07-2012, 01:02 AM
so... you want a tablet and decide to go and get one with a keyboard? riiiiiiiiight...

Recursion
15-07-2012, 08:37 AM
I've just been looking at the ASUS Transformer TF300 as a more expensive alternative with the keyboard. I personally feel its really good but anyone else have opinions on it or alternatives??

The keyboards for those are a seperate accessory aren't they? Either way, ASUS are the people who make the Nexus 7... I've been very impressed with my dad's TF101 and would recommend their tablets based off it.

HotelUser
15-07-2012, 03:20 PM
The best for low budget almost year ago was snagging an HP TouchPad, the best deal now is a Nexus 7 which is so cheap Google doesn't profit financially from it.

What I would do if I didn't like iPads and if I was on a lower budget and didn't like the size of a Nexus, would be to wait a few more months. Windows 8 is going to cause the tablet market to explode, and several Android tablets are going to be crazy cheap.

Alkaz
15-07-2012, 05:46 PM
They keyboard also has ports on it and can charge the tablet and it gives it a double thing of being a tablet/notebook which I quite like. Recursion; yeah they are but you can get the tablet with the keyboard for about £300 which is alright.

Alkaz
18-07-2012, 10:30 PM
Decided to get the 16gb Nexus now. Anyone know a place that isn't sold out and ships asap?

@K
19-07-2012, 11:58 PM
I think they are all sold out. I called Currys the other day, they told me they had none left in stock, even though I preordered, so I had a moan, and mine shall be delivered today.

Alkaz
20-07-2012, 12:24 AM
Yeah, I went into Currys yesterday in Bluewater and they said they only had 10 come in, all of which were bought by staff before the store opened...
According to the site my local Argos has some in stock so I'm going to check tomorrow morning. If they don't have any then I'm just going to order it from Google and it comes when it comes.

@K
20-07-2012, 08:22 PM
Yeah, I went into Currys yesterday in Bluewater and they said they only had 10 come in, all of which were bought by staff before the store opened...
According to the site my local Argos has some in stock so I'm going to check tomorrow morning. If they don't have any then I'm just going to order it from Google and it comes when it comes.

Don't do that, Google are charging delivery, just get it from Currys or PC World. Mine came today, and I'm so bloody happy with it, day off work as well ha. Can do the next day delivery now from them for £3.99.

Alkaz
27-07-2012, 09:20 PM
Just got my Nexus 7. Was just about to buy the new iPad and went to HMV to get a blu-ray with my dad and he asked and they were in stock so I got the nexus 7 and a small set of bose speakers for the price of the iPad which I am well chuffed about. Tab is fab.

@K
27-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Yeah they're bloody good. I hardly put mine down.

Alkaz
27-07-2012, 09:26 PM
The dude in PC World was really helpful and I may soon be purchasing the SIII to upgrade my blackberry as he sold me on the android/android benefits with the tab.

@K
03-08-2012, 08:30 PM
The dude in PC World was really helpful and I may soon be purchasing the SIII to upgrade my blackberry as he sold me on the android/android benefits with the tab.

Hmm, I'll stick to my Bold9900. The Android software is brilliant, don't get me wrong, but I don't want to play games on my phone lol.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!