PDA

View Full Version : [Debate] Living a life without..?

.Joshua.
14-07-2012, 10:09 PM
[Debate] Living a life without..?
Living a life without...

You: "Oh no, not another religous debate!"

Calm down, it's not really religious! I just want to hear your view on Celibacy..If you had about religion before you should know what it is.

Celibacy is when you live a life avoiding romantic relationships of any kind -sexual abstinence, this means no sexual intercourse, yes you heard it right, no intercourse of any kinds. This way of living is mainly chosen by a individual for religious purpose, according to some, it helps you focusing on your religion. Bear in mind all religions has different viewpoint on this!

But what I want to hear is your answer on the following questions;

What do you think of this way of living?

Would you be able to live a life in celibacy?

If you was given the option to choose to recieve a massive amount of money, however, you had to live a life in celibacy, would you accept it? This means that you never have to work, you will be the richest person on earth, the only exception is, no means of sexual enjoyment...

Go ahead and share your thoughts, bear in mind that you still have to keep in the lines of the rules

================================================== =======================

You are reminded about the rules of my threads when participating;

No bullying
You are attacking the opinion of the person, not the person, don't start bullying.
Do not present your opinion as facts, other people will have different opinions.
Avoid making hurtful comments, including outright racism, sexism, homophobia etc.
Respect other people's opinions.

MKR&*42
14-07-2012, 10:25 PM
Oh hi. Well I'm of Asexuality so don't have sexual attraction towards anything. (Sexual arousal is a different thing which I will not bring up in this thread in detail LMAO) so personally I'm not fussed if I never get to have sex really... it's not really a major issue for me at all and considering I don't have any sexual attraction it wouldn't bug me at all really. But meh, maybe I'll still get those feelings of sexual attraction soon? :P

I don't mind if people choose to abstain from sex for personal reasons, it's ultimately their choice and I see no harm in it... as long as the entire world (for some bizarre reason) doesn't decide to go celibate LOL.

Yes I could live life without sexual enjoyment from 1 perspective. If you define sexual enjoyment as sexual attraction (specific towards a person/...animal if we must go there) then yes I could, sexual arousal (usually a 'fetish') then probably not LMAO.

.Joshua.
14-07-2012, 10:30 PM

I think it's really crazy, every human should have a sexual relationship, I believe that sex is actually a human need somehow...

No I wouldn't even consider it.

If you was given the option to choose to recieve a massive amount of money, however, you had to live a life in celibacy, would you accept it? This means that you never have to work, you will be the richest person on earth, the only exception is, no means of sexual enjoyment...

No I wouldn't live like this even if I was given all the gold on earth and authority

MKR&*42
14-07-2012, 10:33 PM

I think it's really crazy, every human should have a sexual relationship, I believe that sex is actually a human need somehow...

No I wouldn't even consider it.

No I wouldn't live like this even if I was given all the gold on earth and authority

Really? I genuinely find that quite interesting. I can comprehend why people feel the need to have sex in relationships due to it being a show of passion and intimacy, but I do not think it is a "Human need" somehow? Although we wouldn't be here without it, I genuinely don't think it is that much of a necessity.

But then again, don't know how much people tend to crave sex lol xD.

.Joshua.
14-07-2012, 10:37 PM
Really? I genuinely find that quite interesting. I can comprehend why people feel the need to have sex in relationships due to it being a show of passion and intimacy, but I do not think it is a "Human need" somehow? Although we wouldn't be here without it, I genuinely don't think it is that much of a necessity.

But then again, don't know how much people tend to crave sex lol xD.

Adding to what i replyed to earlier;

I think it's up to the individual but it would be quite a tough thing to do. No, I'd find it way to hard and I'd probably get lonely aswell Tongue.. I would never accept the money. 'Money can't buy happiness'. I'd rather be the poorest person on earth with the happiest relationship than the richest person and no one. How lonely would that be..

Just Three Points, I'v Been Thinking About.

MKR&*42
14-07-2012, 10:41 PM
Adding to what i replyed to earlier;

I think it's up to the individual but it would be quite a tough thing to do. No, I'd find it way to hard and I'd probably get lonely aswell Tongue.. I would never accept the money. 'Money can't buy happiness'. I'd rather be the poorest person on earth with the happiest relationship than the richest person and no one. How lonely would that be..

Just Three Points, I'v Been Thinking About.

Adding onto your point about money, I could live without the money too aha. If there was an option for just "no money and no sexual relationship" for some reason... I would have accepted that still :P. I suppose I can imagine it being quite hard for some men and women to not have a sexual relationship, certainly seems that way with most men who went to my school. Gets quite irritating having to endure "omg she's got a huge 'rack'" every day to be honest :P Even though that's not always the case because I don't want to stereotype.

I would have the romance, fine with that. But sex not bothered about.

.Joshua.
14-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Adding onto your point about money, I could live without the money too aha. If there was an option for just "no money and no sexual relationship" for some reason... I would have accepted that still :P. I suppose I can imagine it being quite hard for some men and women to not have a sexual relationship, certainly seems that way with most men who went to my school. Gets quite irritating having to endure "omg she's got a huge 'rack'" every day to be honest :P Even though that's not always the case because I don't want to stereotype.

I would have the romance, fine with that. But sex not bothered about.

Most people want to romance, but are more and likely after the sex let alone the money,

Inseriousity.
14-07-2012, 10:47 PM
Celibacy doesn't have to be for religious reasons. There is a joke in my family that I will be the "40 year old virgin" in the family. As with all family jokes, there's normally some element of truth in it that makes it extra funny for them and less funny for you. I do not look like the elephant man but I'm no prince charming either so the idea of living a celibate life is perhaps not always a choice and yet I think you can still live a good life. I've never really been someone who wants to have to rely on other people to be happy so not having a lover or sex does not scare me and I would happily lead a celibate life.

I don't think sex is a human need, it's a human want. No-one wants to be unloved and lonely but there is a difference I think between being alone and lonely. You can be surrounded by people and still feel lonely but you can be alone and not feel lonely at all. Of course there's a survival side to sex that means we do need it to continue the human race but need it to not feel alone? No.

MKR&*42
14-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Most people want to romance, but are more and likely after the sex let alone the money,

Mhm I suppose that's the ... not "danger" per se. but a big issue in relationships, whether people are literally looking for a serious relationship with honest romantic feelings or just someone for sexual desire. I'd kill for romance in reality aha, much prefer it over the idea of sex and probably money :P

.Joshua.
14-07-2012, 10:50 PM
Celibacy doesn't have to be for religious reasons. There is a joke in my family that I will be the "40 year old virgin" in the family. As with all family jokes, there's normally some element of truth in it that makes it extra funny for them and less funny for you. I do not look like the elephant man but I'm no prince charming either so the idea of living a celibate life is perhaps not always a choice and yet I think you can still live a good life. I've never really been someone who wants to have to rely on other people to be happy so not having a lover or sex does not scare me and I would happily lead a celibate life.

I don't think sex is a human need, it's a human want. No-one wants to be unloved and lonely but there is a difference I think between being alone and lonely. You can be surrounded by people and still feel lonely but you can be alone and not feel lonely at all. Of course there's a survival side to sex that means we do need it to continue the human race but need it to not feel alone? No.

Well Inseriousity I Support You're Opinion.

MKR&*42
14-07-2012, 10:51 PM
Well Intersocial I Support You're Opinion.

You quoted Inseriousity.; LOOOOOL. Next one to get me and Mike confused is getting shot. santa-my-nana; did the same thing :/

.Joshua.
14-07-2012, 10:54 PM
You quoted Inseriousity.; LOOOOOL. Next one to get me and Mike confused is getting shot. santa-my-nana; did the same thing :/

LOOOOL

Inseriousity.
14-07-2012, 10:55 PM
You quoted @Inseriousity. (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=26409); LOOOOOL. Next one to get me and Mike confused is getting shot. @santa-my-nana (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=102558); did the same thing :/

Lol I nearly did the same thing earlier. I was like 'did I post in this thread? I don't remember' before I realised it said intersocial not inseriousity. :P

He quoted my post to remind me of the rules of his threads (sorry I'm a mod, I can see what your previous post was Josh) even though the forum rules are more than sufficient to do that. It was not my intention to be disrepectful to your opinion but on the other hand, when you post in the debates forum, you are going to get people who disagree. If I offended you, I apologise. :)

.Joshua.
14-07-2012, 10:58 PM
Lol I nearly did the same thing earlier. I was like 'did I post in this thread? I don't remember' before I realised it said intersocial not inseriousity. :P

He quoted my post to remind me of the rules of his threads (sorry I'm a mod, I can see what your previous post was Josh) even though the forum rules are more than sufficient to do that. It was not my intention to be disrepectful to your opinion but on the other hand, when you post in the debates forum, you are going to get people who disagree. If I offended you, I apologise. :)

Ohhh nooo you didn't offend me, I thought i copyed something eles rather than the rules, i wouldn't of known that you being a mod would let you view my edited post ;L

MKR&*42
14-07-2012, 10:58 PM

Think ya should get a name change Mike x Wonder why it never happened with Inexorably yet it happens with Intersocial.

K my next post will be OT i promise x

.Joshua.
14-07-2012, 11:02 PM
Think ya should get a name change Mike x Wonder why it never happened with Inexorably yet it happens with Intersocial.

K my next post will be OT i promise x

Didn't think you could get name change's now im going off topic LOL

santa-my-nana
15-07-2012, 05:35 AM

Oh yeah LOL, that was an honest mistake though, we got the wrong translate through the limited chat

Fuseless
29-07-2012, 12:21 AM
Im actually Asexual also, and am one of the 2% of British citizens that have openly admitted to it. i have absolutely no sex drive, however at times i have had sex to satisfy my partners needs on some occasions. Yes asexuals do have sex but its their choice in whether they want to or not and my partners have always respected my decisions in that i don't like it, I think its dirty and quite often grosses me out and there is literally no appeal for it in my life.

However romance and gestures still play a part and are what give me a attraction to another woman.

Mentor
18-08-2012, 05:39 PM

No. Theres no point to it and i kinda like the idea of having kids one day. If your asexual, then sure. But personally I'm not :)

I could live my life I've i chopped off both my hands. That doesn't make it a good idea, or enter it in to the list of things i would ever consider doing.

No, I like work and want to live my life as i choose. Money buys freedom and freedom provides happiness, if you exchange your freedom for money there's essentially no point to it.

Charz777
06-09-2012, 05:38 PM
No. Why...? Well;

1. It feels good, no one can deny that. Why would you want to take that away? It's fun, pleasurable. It's great!

2. 'Making love.' I think physical connection is very important in a relationship. I honestly believe you can feel true love through physical intimacy and that sex isn't always 'just sex.'

What I don't agree with is people ****ting around, but that's off-topic so I'll stop :P

GommeInc
08-09-2012, 01:34 PM
The discussion some of you are having is quite interesting - is sexual intercourse a human need/want? It's mounted on the same horse as human rights in some respects, we need food and drink in order to survive, but what about sex? On an individual basis we do not need sex to survive, but then you get the wider perspective of the survival of humanity, where sex is needed.

Should we impose our views on those who choose a life of celibacy, when it's perfectly fine and harms no-one? No, as it is their choice to do so. It gets a bit difficult if it is imposed on someone from a young age, similar to children being brought up in a strictly religious family or being circumcised (Germany is a good case for this).

As for the questions at hand.

It's not for me personally. I don't see it as a problem either. It only really makes sense in a religious setting to aid concentration in the long-term, and in the short-term it has its uses in football (or was that a myth)?

It wouldn't be hard (excuse the pun) to live like this. It's like asking someone if they could live without their legs or be able to drive - it just won't be enjoyable.

These questions are always odd as they suggest you can't change after you've had the money or your forced to live in a particular way, which to me seems like a breach of fundamental rights :P But for the sake of the question: No, I wouldn't take the money because if I did there would be less freedoms - no work or sex - while choosing no means no immediate sum of money, yet you can still make money through working.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!