PDA

View Full Version : Facebook set to allow users to see who has viewed their profile/photos.

PaulMacC
15-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Thoughts?

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/facebook-set-to-unfriend-anonymous-snooping-7944451.html

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/connect/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501833&objectid=10819849

Moved by Lee (Forum Moderator): From 'Discuss Anything'.

MKR&*42
15-07-2012, 08:10 PM
LOL Damn, my days of going on spy accounts to look at peoples photos are over :(.

I suppose in a sense it's an alright move..

Fifty-Six
15-07-2012, 08:11 PM
So much for creeping... haha. Oh well, I guess it was about time.

PaulMacC
15-07-2012, 08:12 PM
Seriously hope it doesn't show previous logs. Like from the last few years. Could be awkward.

AlexHenry
15-07-2012, 08:31 PM
Oh dear, really don't want this to happen . . .

Empired
15-07-2012, 08:33 PM
Not happy. I spend a lot of time looking through people's pictures when I'm bored. Literally hours sometimes.

You'd think Facebook was encouraging stalkers these days though :/ soon people will be able to see where you are just because of a GPS on your phone or something :S

geo
15-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Thank god this has been allowed now I no longer use Facebook. People would be really creeped out if they could see how much time I used to spend looking at their photos and profile. :P

Red
15-07-2012, 08:38 PM
Omg no!! How are we supposed to creep now :(
Don't like this idea at all!!

mrwoooooooo
15-07-2012, 08:43 PM
wont happen, they're just putting two and two together and getting 13. groups will be able to see who has read their statuses that's all.

kuzkasate
15-07-2012, 08:49 PM
what a **** idea... really hope they don't show previous photo views and stuff cos that could potentially be extremely awkward, if they did I'd just deactivate it. should do something useful instead, like removing that ******* timeline that no-one likes

Futz
15-07-2012, 08:56 PM
i can imagine them doing this after thier stupid ******* idea of showing when people have seen your messages

Chris
15-07-2012, 09:30 PM
I hope to god they don't do this for previous views cause that'll be very bad. :l

Oleh
15-07-2012, 09:40 PM
It'd make school awkward when the dodgy slimy kid starts showing up on the pretty girls fb and viewing their photos.

lawrawrrr
15-07-2012, 09:40 PM
This is so creepy, I don't rly wanna KNOW who's been looking. I jsut found out yesterday an ex-teacher I had on there had me saved as a bookmark on his laptop (the school found out on a trip). I'm so creeped out... if I didn't pretty much need it to communicate with my irl friends I'd deactivate it... going to delete half of the people on there now anyway.

dbgtz
15-07-2012, 09:54 PM
I'd pretty much stop using facebook if I couldn't creep around a little.

This is so creepy, I don't rly wanna KNOW who's been looking. I jsut found out yesterday an ex-teacher I had on there had me saved as a bookmark on his laptop (the school found out on a trip). I'm so creeped out... if I didn't pretty much need it to communicate with my irl friends I'd deactivate it... going to delete half of the people on there now anyway.

Well that's rather disturbing, makes me wonder about my teachers now LOL.

FlyingJesus
15-07-2012, 09:58 PM
I can't imagine this going forward, it just makes no business sense. Add feature, lose traffic

lawrawrrr
15-07-2012, 10:01 PM
I'd pretty much stop using facebook if I couldn't creep around a little.

Well that's rather disturbing, makes me wonder about my teachers now LOL.

yeah he was always a bit of a creep but it really just made me think... wtf. Really creeped out by it tbh.

Stephen
15-07-2012, 10:13 PM
Bit misleading title seeing as they haven't even said they'll be doing it for profiles and photos

Seikou
15-07-2012, 10:28 PM
oh **** i am in trouble now aren't i.. i really hope they don't do this omg i'm tempted to deactivate mine before it even happens

peteyt
16-07-2012, 04:07 AM
This won't happen. The privacy people will just complain non stop - I may view profiles sometimes maybe I wonder who someone is as we have a few friends in common but no clue who they are but they may think I am stalking them if I'm viewing their profile.

But like commenter's on the article have pointed out the article states they may. It sounds like they have just decided something might happened noting that they have no sources that suggest this could happen.

I'm sure people from that annoying organisation Anon won't be pleased either

Eric
16-07-2012, 06:43 AM
no more snooping i guess.

Recursion
16-07-2012, 07:37 AM
herp derp

applies to group pages, meaning users can see who has visited any group of which they are a member.

It's not going to happen. TWO websites have articles on it, at least one of them scaremongering.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!