PDA

View Full Version : HFFM is returning?

xxMATTGxx
18-07-2012, 12:48 AM
Just went to their site and it says this:

Hello Habbos!

I know you must be surprised that we're coming back from the dead,
but trust us when we say this - we will not disappoint. We look forward to seeing you and to kick off the forum launch, we've organised a show where you'll have the chance to win a throne.

So, check back here this Friday at 6PM. We're just fiddling with a few things right now, we hope you are as excited as we are! We will be announcing our management line-up shortly.

- Sam, Jordan, Ivan & MrCorn

http://www.hffmforum.co.uk/

Looks like they have realised their re-branding was a total failure and now they are coming back as Habbo fansite. Good luck to them.

sex
18-07-2012, 12:54 AM
Yeah i seen this earlier too, not like it will help much. Nearly every fansite is failing except Habbox it seems, we were the only one to take advantage of the mute.
who ever is running club habbo at the moment is an idiot lol they got rid of their habbo section and just have a "gaming section" there is no way they are getting new users now and are going to die a slow death lol

scottish
18-07-2012, 12:59 AM
didn't clubhabbo make a thread saying they're letting it die and ryan said hes not interested in it anymore? lol

xxMATTGxx
18-07-2012, 01:01 AM
didn't clubhabbo make a thread saying they're letting it die and ryan said hes not interested in it anymore? lol

Pretty much from what I remember.

sex
18-07-2012, 01:01 AM

yeah i dont think he even runs its anymore. i think rhiz and emotional are running it atm lol
there is n point in that forum its a bit embarrassing how all the users complain about it being a habbo forum yet thats the only reason they are open / ever going to new memebers

i doubt hffm will last long lmao

Fifty-Six
18-07-2012, 01:35 AM
It's becoming harder and harder for fansites to stay active nowadays. Habbox is one of the only to have continued to grow steadily; I doubt HFFM will be able to survive much after they "reopen".

Jarkie
18-07-2012, 07:31 AM
Very best of luck to them

Maatt.
18-07-2012, 08:29 AM
Thats great!
Although we are meant to be rivals and all that ****, they did have a good community, and it was going strong. This hopefully will pick up and i wish them the best of luck!

Inseriousity.
18-07-2012, 09:31 AM
Hopefully it's not a change too late and they can get back on their feet. :)

edible
18-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Yeah i seen this earlier too, not like it will help much. Nearly every fansite is failing except Habbox it seems, we were the only one to take advantage of the mute.
who ever is running club habbo at the moment is an idiot lol they got rid of their habbo section and just have a "gaming section" there is no way they are getting new users now and are going to die a slow death lol

Since I've been back I've noticed ThisHabbo and HabboHub get more daily posts than HxF and more listeners. I signed up to both but they're both pretty crap. Habbox is the only one that maintains a good conversation but I'd say Habbox days of being the #1 fansite are long since over. I'd say ThisHabbo, they have every event 50/50, I have no idea who owns it but it's spectacular.

xxMATTGxx
18-07-2012, 10:30 AM
Since I've been back I've noticed ThisHabbo and HabboHub get more daily posts than HxF and more listeners. I signed up to both but they're both pretty crap. Habbox is the only one that maintains a good conversation but I'd say Habbox days of being the #1 fansite are long since over. I'd say ThisHabbo, they have every event 50/50, I have no idea who owns it but it's spectacular.

In regards of the radio listeners, you need to bear in mind that some fansites actually don't show their unique listeners on the Radio Stats as where Habbox does. So if it says they have like 100 listeners, in fact they most likely only have 26. (That's an example). I believe this may also be related to them using cloudflare. So when comparing listeners the majority of the time with other fansites that is the case. Although we still have a lot of improvements to be put into place either way.

In terms of forum posts, I know ThisHabbo allow more threads on there that would be considered pointless by the community here at Habbox. Just thought for I would add this in case anyone thought it: I have nothing against these fansites as I think they do a pretty good job at what they are doing!

edible
18-07-2012, 10:53 AM
In regards of the radio listeners, you need to bear in mind that some fansites actually don't show their unique listeners on the Radio Stats as where Habbox does. So if it says they have like 100 listeners, in fact they most likely only have 26. (That's an example). I believe this may also be related to them using cloudflare. So when comparing listeners the majority of the time with other fansites that is the case. Although we still have a lot of improvements to be put into place either way.

In terms of forum posts, I know ThisHabbo allow more threads on there that would be considered pointless by the community here at Habbox. Just thought for I would add this in case anyone thought it: I have nothing against these fansites as I think they do a pretty good job at what they are doing!

Ah right OK. They also don't log you out for 2-3 hours whereas on Habbox it's 15-30 minute log out time. So maybe it's their manipulation of tools that makes them appear better to the outside eye. Habbox certainly has the best Habbo section.

xxMATTGxx
18-07-2012, 10:57 AM
Ah right OK. They also don't log you out for 2-3 hours whereas on Habbox it's 15-30 minute log out time. So maybe it's their manipulation of tools that makes them appear better to the outside eye. Habbox certainly has the best Habbo section.

There is that as well, we also tested that for a while and left users logged in for an hour to see the results. But since we show whos been online within the past 24 hours we put it back to normal times of around 20 minutes. They are good fansites to be fair and seem to have a strong community. Habbox has a good/strong community as well and even though it's nothing like it was say like 5 years ago, I still think we are doing some what pretty well/reasonable.

edible
18-07-2012, 11:01 AM
There is that as well, we also tested that for a while and left users logged in for an hour to see the results. But since we show whos been online within the past 24 hours we put it back to normal times of around 20 minutes. They are good fansites to be fair and seem to have a strong community. Habbox has a good/strong community as well and even though it's nothing like it was say like 5 years ago, I still think we are doing some what pretty well/reasonable.

100% agree. If you compare the decline in Habbo I'd say it's the same or similar in the decline in Habbox. Maybe not as active / as many posts / as much interest but still a loyal, active userbase. So really the only thing that harmed Habbox was Habbo itself.

Okeanos
18-07-2012, 02:08 PM
who cares. i dont because they IP banned me for literally no reason; i didnt have a single warning or infraction to my name - they just hate to be challenged.

geo
18-07-2012, 02:31 PM
not really too bothered but good luck to them i guess. :P i don't think it will help them a huge amount lol

Empired
18-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Doubt they'll stay open for that long, but good luck to them and all that anyway.

Habbox has a mixture of older and younger people, whereas most other fansites (not all) just have the younger generation who don't really contribute that much or anything. They should probably focus on that lol (while we focus on the radio, yes? ;))

edible
18-07-2012, 03:58 PM
who cares. i dont because they IP banned me for literally no reason; i didnt have a single warning or infraction to my name - they just hate to be challenged.
I know a couple of the people bringing it back were past eXperts and I'd guess more mature than previous management

Plebings
18-07-2012, 04:44 PM
woo go mrcorn

Tom
18-07-2012, 09:12 PM
HFFM was a good fan site, it's nice to see they're returning but they're saying they "will not disappoint" yet, I imagine, they're going to be the same as before? What's changed?

Pigperson
18-07-2012, 09:40 PM
I don't think they will get that much interest as fan sites are not as popular nowadays. Shame Habbo don't help out. I think HFFM was one of the big ones though.

Will

edible
18-07-2012, 10:11 PM
HFFM was a good fan site, it's nice to see they're returning but they're saying they "will not disappoint" yet, I imagine, they're going to be the same as before? What's changed?

One of my old friends are part of the management team and weren't before. I think they have gone for well known Habbos as their management team. I'll sign up when it opens (or check if I have an old account) to see if it's any good anyway :)

Seikou
19-07-2012, 01:06 AM
not really bothered but i hope they can do well this time, it was a good fansite but i didn't like some of the previous staff, a few of them were quite immature over some things

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!