PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] I've been hacked?

Puma!
18-07-2012, 01:01 PM
I have no idea what to do.

Michael
18-07-2012, 03:00 PM
There is nothing you can do after all your stuff has been removed.

Jarkie
18-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Next time, tighten up your security, only you should know your email and password.. plus dont go on odd looking sites..

SackRace
18-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Did you have the lock on

geo
18-07-2012, 04:00 PM
Unlucky! :(

There's not much you can do really other than learn from you mistakes and change your password so it's much stronger and enable the safety lock on your account to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I'm really sorry about your furniture though.

edible
18-07-2012, 04:01 PM
Should have lock on.

Make a new ID. Put in a ticket. Say you've been hacked and want the accounts back. Fill out the information they ask.

Good luck.

GoldenMerc
18-07-2012, 04:12 PM
I'd give the helptool a try

Puma!
18-07-2012, 04:45 PM
I've been on Habbo for nearly ten years, used to know the safety/scam side inside out - check my antivirus regularly, also my email has been always the same registered adress, as has the credits history/IP. No furni has been removed, but I expected it to be hacked because of the username (it's happened before.. attempted to).

What is the lock?

sex
18-07-2012, 04:49 PM
In your settings there is a new features called saftey lock, if you have it on your account your trade is disabled if you sign in from another IP till you confirm an email

Puma!
18-07-2012, 04:58 PM
Oh right. Well I haven't really seen that, so not that optimistic now.

Lewis
18-07-2012, 06:39 PM
Oh right. Well I haven't really seen that, so not that optimistic now.

lol, this happened to my brother once, someone threatned him to pay a bet he couldnt afford and took, he was going to pay up though. So they said theyd hack him, and they did. They changed his habbo password and email. No idea how, but yeah. He some how got the account back. They did not take any furni.

Puma!
18-07-2012, 07:37 PM
lol, this happened to my brother once, someone threatned him to pay a bet he couldnt afford and took, he was going to pay up though. So they said theyd hack him, and they did. They changed his habbo password and email. No idea how, but yeah. He some how got the account back. They did not take any furni.
Thanks for that mate, reassuring to hear.

Thinking about it, I had something a bit similar - some girl was trying to have a go at me, saying how she apparently knew the previous owner of the account (bit of a lie on her part.. cos I registered the account when .ca beta opened in '04) and all of her mates had what people would call 'rare' names. Wonder if thats to do with it.

Exactly the same - no furni has been taken, but then again I don't really have that much furni.

Samantha
18-07-2012, 07:41 PM
Thanks for that mate, reassuring to hear.

Thinking about it, I had something a bit similar - some girl was trying to have a go at me, saying how she apparently knew the previous owner of the account (bit of a lie on her part.. cos I registered the account when .ca beta opened in '04) and all of her mates had what people would call 'rare' names. Wonder if thats to do with it.

Exactly the same - no furni has been taken, but then again I don't really have that much furni.

That reminds me of something...a while ago a couple of weeks before the mute I would assume someone started chatting to me on IM saying I was a scammer and I should **** off and stuff - I went to the help desk then he came in saying to give him 50 credits, kept saying I scammed (even though I had no idea who this person was) and I just left it and defriended him I believe. He didn't hack me but on my birthday (on my clone) I did get the 'logged out by another machine' message so it was pretty odd too.

Glad they didn't take anything!

Gibs960
18-07-2012, 08:25 PM
I don't think there's anything you can do. The Habbo staff are incompetent and don't care about customer satisfaction, so y'know.

LiquidLuck.
23-07-2012, 04:52 AM
Good luck on getting it back!

EarCandy
06-03-2013, 03:22 AM
I've been hacked once to, and I don't know how the hell did they know my pass. But anyway, now I'm back, changing passwords almost once or twice every month.

chemidann95
06-03-2013, 03:57 AM
I don't really know. It happened to me twice. Someone managed to get into my account for the first time. Nothing have been lost. Luckily, I got the safety lock on. Then the second time, someone managed to get into my account again (this time I changed my password) and nothing have been lost again... I'm really phobia of me getting compromised by someone again...

But I do realised my internet connection do acted up before this happens. The only thing I do is turn off my internet connection.

edible
06-03-2013, 05:24 PM
Judging by the person who now has the account 'Puma' you either had your information on a fansite and used the same password you did for your email and they cracked it using a stolen database or you had put your info into the help tool and they stole it from there.

Mikey
06-03-2013, 11:57 PM
Your pretty much ****** I'm afraid best thing to do is contact Habbo through the help tool and explain the situation and even then they probably won't help. Sorry and good luck in getting your stuff back.

chemidann95
07-03-2013, 05:23 AM
That's nothing you can do unless you have a high security in your account. I suggest you log in using gmail account.

Brice
07-03-2013, 05:46 AM
kool

Edited by Nick (Forum Moderator): Please do not pointlessly post.

Becka
09-04-2013, 07:10 PM
If you didnt have safety lock on try it! :) It will keep your account a bit more securer

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!