PDA

View Full Version : Help with pages on website?

AlexHenry
18-07-2012, 04:06 PM
Hi there everyone.

Basically I have a website - http://alexelliott.org.uk. Now, the problem is:

I want to include http://alexelliott.org.uk/New/gallery onto a page on the main website so it appears like the other pages - (about, contact)

I tried doing the coding like the rest but because it's such huge data and in a separate folder, how do I code it?

Thanks in adcance!

thread moved here by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): From 'Technology Discussion', as its more suited here.

Calvin
18-07-2012, 07:21 PM
Style it using the classes from your main website stylesheet with a wrapper with the width of the content area where you wish to put it and then include it onto the page using the following:

<?php

include( "/New/gallery/index.php" );

?>

If that's what you mean?

AlexHenry
19-07-2012, 10:44 AM
Style it using the classes from your main website stylesheet with a wrapper with the width of the content area where you wish to put it and then include it onto the page using the following:

<?php

If that's what you mean?

Here is all of my other coding for the pages -

<li class="currentPage"><a href="index-2.html">home</a></li>
?>

How do I put that coding in, doesn't work and also make it so a page name appears saying gallery like the home?

---------- Post added 19-07-2012 at 11:57 AM ----------

<?php

?>

If that's what you mean?

Got it to work using this -

<li><a href="gallery/index.php">gallery</a></li>

Thank you for your help! :D

Yonder
19-07-2012, 07:12 PM
That is called a hyperlink, Calvin was giving you the PHP include function because you said include. Be wise with your terminology when asking for coding questions. Ha.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!