PDA

View Full Version : free chat to be earned, was it all a lie?

Tidings
18-07-2012, 06:55 PM
just popped on to habbo.es, made the account when Spain got unmuted to translate the questions and havnt been on since...
i thought that people had to go through a series of things to get the free speech, but hey, you can actually just say anything again. which is probably going to bring back all the problems yet again. - here is a screenshot to show you what i mean.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/941/spainfail.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/151/spainfail.png/)

how do you feel about this? should EVERYONE just have the free chat back?

sex
18-07-2012, 06:59 PM
yes everyone should have free chat back, just like before

MatthewRMG
18-07-2012, 07:00 PM
They've improved their blacklist technology - and the variety of words that are blacklisted, so you won't necessarily be able to say "Anyone want C2C?!" etc. in the way that you could before. I believe there is now context filtering as well - deciding what context you're using words in before deciding whether to permit the chat or not.

Red
18-07-2012, 07:01 PM
im not complaining

Lewis
18-07-2012, 07:01 PM
its habbo.com now. we merged REMEMBER?!?!?! :(

Tidings
18-07-2012, 07:03 PM
its habbo.com now. we merged REMEMBER?!?!?! :(

i know, it slipped my mind, im too old skool :P

Lee
18-07-2012, 07:04 PM
Yeah free chat should be normal, and better moderation should be the solution :)

Kyle
18-07-2012, 07:04 PM
Nothing that you said was offensive. This is fine...

MKR&*42
18-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Good I suppose.

Wish he'd stop changing his bloody mind though lol.

Tidings
18-07-2012, 07:15 PM
Yeah free chat should be normal, and better moderation should be the solution :)

what paul stated was that the free speech would have to be earned, that is the topic of discussion, it seems everyone has it, which i think its good in some ways but it needs more attention.

---------- Post added 18-07-2012 at 08:15 PM ----------

Nothing that you said was offensive. This is fine...

Contains language filtered on the forum:
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/9104/failqx.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/580/failqx.png/)

not good enough for you?

Edited by Jordan (Forum Super Moderator): Please remember to add spoilers and a warning to media that mildly avoids the forum filter

Kyle
18-07-2012, 07:20 PM
what paul stated was that the free speech would have to be earned, that is the topic of discussion, it seems everyone has it, which i think its good in some ways but it needs more attention.

---------- Post added 18-07-2012 at 08:15 PM ----------

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/9104/failqx.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/580/failqx.png/)

not good enough for you?
Well this is the spanish hotel so those words naturally won't be on their filter. Obviously a lot more words need to be added to black list but this is better than the alternative reduced chat. :)

Tidings
18-07-2012, 07:22 PM
Well this is the spanish hotel so those words naturally won't be on their filter. Obviously a lot more words need to be added to black list but this is better than the alternative reduced chat. :)

its not specified, its just transferred data into the server of whatever hotel. the blacklist will be exactly the same. they wont be bothered to do every hotel individually, haha, did you really think sulake do that?

Jarkie
18-07-2012, 07:26 PM
Im on it now shouting anything, i only just made the account just now... this LIMIT chat thing is POInTLESS

Kyle
18-07-2012, 07:27 PM
its not specified, its just transferred data into the server of whatever hotel. the blacklist will be exactly the same. they wont be bothered to do every hotel individually, haha, did you really think sulake do that?
It's weird that on twitter you're tweeting paul every second, never saying a bad word about any of his ideas and yet on here you portray yourself as having no faith whatsoever in sulake. Certainly says a bit about you...

The whitelist had words added to it every day as they were reported and I'm sure that if words are reported enough in each hotel then those will be added to this black list. It's not completely implausible. I do think that reduced chat should be implemented for new users for say... a week... and then be promoted to full chat. This should also apply to underaged users until they reach a certain age or have written parental permission.

And when I say limited chat I mean a certain set of pre-set sentences that habbos can use to converse in a basic manner.

Tidings
18-07-2012, 07:32 PM
It's weird that on twitter you're tweeting paul every second, never saying a bad word about any of his ideas and yet on here you portray yourself as having no faith whatsoever in sulake. Certainly says a bit about you...

The whitelist had words added to it every day as they were reported and I'm sure that if words are reported enough in each hotel then those will be added to this black list. It's not completely implausible. I do think that reduced chat should be implemented for new users for say... a week... and then be promoted to full chat. This should also apply to underaged users until they reach a certain age or have written parental permission.

And when I say limited chat I mean a certain set of pre-set sentences that habbos can use to converse in a basic manner.

no need to get personal kyle?

the whitelists adds words to every hotel, the black list is just exactly the time as how it was before. what was the point in having a limited chat, when even jarkie just said hes just signed up for the first time and can say absolutely anything.

Kyle
18-07-2012, 07:37 PM
It's a shame about the errors with the black list but bearing in mind it's only been open for just a few hours (probably less?) this is inevitable. More offensive words will be added to the filter as and when they are brought up in chat and habbo will return to the place of free speech that it always was. :)

Kieran
18-07-2012, 07:43 PM
no need to get personal kyle?

the whitelists adds words to every hotel, the black list is just exactly the time as how it was before. what was the point in having a limited chat, when even jarkie just said hes just signed up for the first time and can say absolutely anything.

Its not exactly the same because now extra words are blocked like Skype, MSN and cam that weren't blocked before this mute. I think it's plausible that they will add more words as they are reported but it'd be more than likely done in large batches than one at a time due to how the black list system works.

sex
18-07-2012, 07:46 PM
Whats actually wrong with saying boobies Tidings;? paul said swere was allowed your not being a pedo to anyone so its fine, habb isn't there to teach you manners or how to be nice

Tidings
18-07-2012, 07:46 PM
Its not exactly the same because now extra words are blocked like Skype, MSN and cam that weren't blocked before this mute. I think it's plausible that they will add more words as they are reported but it'd be more than likely done in large batches than one at a time due to how the black list system works.

"msn" "cam" and all that were already blocked.. skype wasnt blocked on any hotel. but for them to add it, it adds it to the whole server, meaning all the hotels speak the same. yeah it might be added to at a later date. but thats not the topic.

the topic is that free chat was supposed to be earned, and now its for everyone, even if youve just signed up and passed the quiz. = which means the chat limit was moronic and pointless.

Plebings
18-07-2012, 07:52 PM
I think it's fine to give it to people after, say a week. Hope they use limited chat as a stage of punishment.

Fifty-Six
18-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Don't really see why it's such a huge deal. Sulake has been increasing moderation and actually responding to calls for help now. I'm glad we don't have to earn it, now it'll easier to be able to talk again.

Lewis
18-07-2012, 08:16 PM
i know, it slipped my mind, im too old skool :P

same here, I was just kidding with you :P

Gibs960
18-07-2012, 08:34 PM
You're telling me that Habbo used to charge for you to be able to talk to other people?

Michael
18-07-2012, 08:50 PM
You're telling me that Habbo used to charge for you to be able to talk to other people?

Lol, no. Where did you get that from? :P

MatthewRMG
18-07-2012, 08:54 PM
It was a pun on 'free' chat :P

Pigperson
18-07-2012, 09:41 PM
I think a mini quiz like the one for the semi-free chat should be imposed as a safety precaution and as a one off so it keeps all the complaints away.

Will

Lingo10
19-07-2012, 01:00 AM
I think a mini quiz like the one for the semi-free chat should be imposed as a safety precaution and as a one off so it keeps all the complaints away.

Will

That seems reasonable.

Seikou
19-07-2012, 01:04 AM
so glad that we'll get it back without having to do anything.. i guess it could cause the same problems again but even if you had to earn it it could still cause problems

ColyTom
19-07-2012, 02:28 PM
It was a pun on 'free' chat :P

Haha, that is actually quite funny now I get it.

In a way, doing the safety quiz is a way of 'earning'.

geo
19-07-2012, 03:02 PM
i'm pretty sure this safety chat was the test to see if people would be getting normal chat back? like paul said, the purpose of it was to eliminate the trolls and things (probably why they've been so strict on bans!)

i don't care, as long as i get this chat back then i'm fine. OH AND WILL WE BE ABLE TO SWEAR AGAIN?

oh and sorry if something like this has already been posted, only read first page.

GoldenMerc
19-07-2012, 03:32 PM
Pretty silly how this is going in a big silly circle.

Halas
19-07-2012, 09:00 PM
I think habbo should become pron site

Jarkie
20-07-2012, 08:11 AM
I think habbo should become pron site

LOL what the hell?!

scottishman123
20-07-2012, 07:34 PM
People should have Free chat back but they should do same think for it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!