PDA

View Full Version : job

mrwoooooooo
19-07-2012, 05:38 PM
right, I'm leaving my job next week to start another job in 4weeks time, haven't signed any contracts or anything but have sent everything for crb check and stuff.

Problem is I've now got an interview for a job on more money. shall I go?

The only reason I'm asking is i just don't want to feel bad for messing the other company around if i get the other one, and tell them i can't start with them :/

(Job one I have got is 15k + iphone omg, and is 13miles from my house

job 2 i have an interview for is 17k and only 5miles away.

bleh

edit: can someone move this pls

Thread moved here by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): From 'Health, Life and Relationships', as its more suited here.

sex
19-07-2012, 06:02 PM
Might as well take it and see what happens and if you get it send an email to the job you got offered already and tell them you cant work for them due to you moving or something! id go for the one closer to home tbh lol

Lee
19-07-2012, 06:05 PM
They can't force you to work for them, you aint signed so why not do it :)

Futz
19-07-2012, 06:14 PM
You may aswell go for it mate, if you get it it's more mone and closer! If you don't you've still got your backup job and you've gained more interview experience! What jobs are they? I'm just curious :3

mrwoooooooo
19-07-2012, 06:28 PM
You may aswell go for it mate, if you get it it's more mone and closer! If you don't you've still got your backup job and you've gained more interview experience! What jobs are they? I'm just curious :3

job 1 is working for a company who provide IT support for schools, so i'd be based at a high school

job 2 is it support for a housing association (i already work for a housing association but as an IT apprentice, theyre separate HA's)

Futz
19-07-2012, 06:38 PM
job 1 is working for a company who provide IT support for schools, so i'd be based at a high school

job 2 is it support for a housing association (i already work for a housing association but as an IT apprentice, theyre separate HA's)

have you just finnished your apprenticeship or are you leaving for one of these jobs?

mrwoooooooo
19-07-2012, 06:59 PM
have you just finnished your apprenticeship or are you leaving for one of these jobs?
apprenticeship was due to finish end of november, but there's no job afterwards at the company so may as well start looking early.

MissAlice
19-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Money aside, which one offers the best future prospects? Although it is nice to earn a decent wage, I personally would seriously consider which company has the most to offer.

mrwoooooooo
19-07-2012, 09:09 PM
Money aside, which one offers the best future prospects? Although it is nice to earn a decent wage, I personally would seriously consider which company has the most to offer.
hmmm that is something to consider, job 1 told me today there is the chance for progression blah bah, but more interestingly they'll pay for courses i want to go on and will give me a bonus for completing the course

will ask about that on wednesday :)

MissAlice
19-07-2012, 09:27 PM
hmmm that is something to consider, job 1 told me today there is the chance for progression blah bah, but more interestingly they'll pay for courses i want to go on and will give me a bonus for completing the course

will ask about that on wednesday :)

I think it’s quite important to consider which company will boost your career prospects. One company may offer more money this year with little potential to improve on that, whilst the other may offer a little less, but give you opportunities to really progress and grow within that company. Think carefully about which job position will take you on the right career path.

A company who invests money in their staff, sounds like a good one. You have probably already done this, but you should also check their history, how well established they are, and just how successful they are.

Good luck :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!