PDA

View Full Version : ipod touch not regocnising a tap

Special
20-07-2012, 05:06 PM
i think my ipod touch has broke because when i'm on an app i.e instagram/twitter it wont recognize a tap at the bottom of the screen however when i'm on the main screen or something like music it works fine; it just doesn't work on apps

i've reset it a few times & updated all apps & itunes but still to no avail

its about 2 years old now so has it just given up or can i fix this somehow

thanks

Thread moved by Jordan (Forum Super Moderator): From 'Technology Discussion' to here as more suited

Nli.
20-07-2012, 05:17 PM
When you say reset it do you mean turned if off and back on? or do you mean restored it?

If you only turned it off and back on, try plugging it into iTunes (do a full backup first so you don't lose your data) and then restore the iPod. That may help.

Special
20-07-2012, 05:55 PM
When you say reset it do you mean turned if off and back on? or do you mean restored it?

If you only turned it off and back on, try plugging it into iTunes (do a full backup first so you don't lose your data) and then restore the iPod. That may help.

reset as in hold home & lock down for 20 seconds

i cba to restore it it's just too much trouble thanks for reply though

Kieran
20-07-2012, 06:24 PM
A restore would more than likely fix the issue if you can be bothered to do it.

Special
20-07-2012, 06:29 PM
would restoring it 100% fix the issue Intricat (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=10425)?

Kieran
20-07-2012, 06:31 PM
It certainly sounds like a software issue with it working on the main screen but not apps. It's worth giving it a try!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!