PDA

View Full Version : Who has heard of the Anonymous and do you like them?

scottishman123
21-07-2012, 11:05 AM
Who has heard of the Anonymous and do you like them?

Moved from 'Health, Life and Relationships' by Matts (Forum Moderator)

Kieran
21-07-2012, 11:13 AM
I think some of their acts are worthwhile, like tracking down padeophiles but then I think some are just plain stupid and a waste of time like offering the average persons passwords out.

Tom
21-07-2012, 12:23 PM
Same with Kieran, some actions are worthwhile and some are just stupid. I've seen a lot of 'wannabes' around aswell which is ridiculous.

MKR&*42
21-07-2012, 04:43 PM
Hmm. Although some of their actions aren't the worst thing to ever happen, I find it hard to justify what most of them do. I'd never actively support groups like Anonymous and Lulzsec (believe that's it) but I can see why some people would support specific actions of theirs... sorta.

And yes there seem to be a lot more people claiming they're part of anonymous lol.

--

Hm, I'm 90% sure that it's FlyingJesus; who has very strong opinions on hacking groups? Might be him, might not :P

lawrawrrr
21-07-2012, 04:45 PM
I don't agree with the major things they do but what they stand for is OK.

M (the person who was whispering to Cupcaek's Habbo) was part of Anonymous - his twitter link was there. Can't remember what it was though!!

Kyle
21-07-2012, 05:22 PM
I don't agree with the major things they do but what they stand for is OK.

M (the person who was whispering to Cupcaek's Habbo) was part of Anonymous - his twitter link was there. Can't remember what it was though!!
his twitter is just "0"

I think a lot of people think they're part of some elite hacking group by putting a picture of a guy fawkes mask as their avatar on what ever site they frequent when in actual fact they really aren't...

I have respect for anyone who helps to flush out paedophiles and such but the fact is that a lot of these supposed hackers are kiddy fiddlers themselves (hi @Celtix (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=22764); :) ) who are just better at hiding it than those they attack. A lot are just ordinary people who like to portray themselves as thuggish internet brutes. You shouldn't need to break the law to prove any sort of point.

Stephen
21-07-2012, 05:59 PM
iirc anonymous isn't some private group where only elite hackers can join, if people claim they're part of anonymous then they're part of anonymous

DPS
21-07-2012, 06:34 PM
I'm not sure if this thread is a joke?
Some of you clearly dont know what "Anonymous" is it seems.
Lets get some facts out there, You dont have to be a Hacker to join Anonymous...
Anyone can be Anonymous it isnt hard, Anonymous isnt even about hacking, it just has many hack groups that have nothing to do with hacking.

Also anonymous only tend to ddos and thats the only thing they can pretty much do due to the high amount of people that claim to be part of Anonymous.

IMO its just a fanclub lol, it has no leader. People plan things others turn up or join in.

---------- Post added 21-07-2012 at 07:35 PM ----------

As i said anyone can be part of Anonymous M aka Loget is a ****** called james.. he is a scriptkiddie.

dbgtz
21-07-2012, 07:33 PM
I think they like to see themselves as freedom fighters on the internet, but I neither like nor dislike them.

scottishman123
21-07-2012, 08:47 PM
LOL OK so what would you say if I am part of Anonymous? WE are freedom fighters! we do so much for 3rd world countries
with helping him with food and water and fighting for rights. It is a different way of life. Yes we do hack but we hack in a good
way we do not fight on the street, only on the net but we will if we need too. we are all around the world. we are all the same. we have no leader. we are all there own person.

scottish
21-07-2012, 08:56 PM
Shut up idiot

Edited by Lee (Forum Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly.

wiktoria
21-07-2012, 09:10 PM
who are they lol

Andys
21-07-2012, 09:34 PM
LOL OK so what would you say if I am part of Anonymous? WE are freedom fighters! we do so much for 3rd world countries
with helping him with food and water and fighting for rights. It is a different way of life. Yes we do hack but we hack in a good
way we do not fight on the street, only on the net but we will if we need too. we are all around the world. we are all the same. we have no leader. we are all there own person.
Shut up.

dbgtz
21-07-2012, 10:02 PM

I'd say you're not doing a very good job considering you're supposed to be anonymous.

Mikey
21-07-2012, 11:03 PM
I'd say you're not doing a very good job considering you're supposed to be anonymous.

Hahaha!

I respect them with them trying to get rid of internet pedophiles but some of the stuff they do is silly like when they blocked the pools on Habbo and did raids, even though it was funny. So yeah I agree with some things they do but on the other hand I don't agree with some things they do. :)

Calvin
22-07-2012, 12:32 AM
Lets get some facts out there, You dont have to be a Hacker to join Anonymous...
Anyone can be Anonymous it isnt hard, Anonymous isnt even about hacking, it just has many hack groups that have nothing to do with hacking.

Also anonymous only tend to ddos and thats the only thing they can pretty much do due to the high amount of people that claim to be part of Anonymous.

IMO its just a fanclub lol, it has no leader. People plan things others turn up or join in.

As i said anyone can be part of Anonymous M aka Loget is a ****** called james.. he is a scriptkiddie.Everyone is going by what Anonymous is most known for in the media these days; hacking. If you mention "Anonymous" to somebody then no doubt they would most likely reply back with something related to hacking or hacker groups because Anon isn't known much for the protests, more for hacking as they've been portrayed in the media.

And I'm a fan of them using their skills for a good cause such as going after paedophiles.

FlyingJesus
22-07-2012, 12:36 AM
Hm, I'm 90% sure that it's FlyingJesus; who has very strong opinions on hacking groups? Might be him, might not :P

Nope not me :P I generally think they're a bit pointless and do more harm than good but unless a hacker decides to target me (to steal my MSPaint sigs? idk) they're no concern of mine

iirc anonymous isn't some private group where only elite hackers can join, if people claim they're part of anonymous then they're part of anonymous

Yeah pretty much, the media happen to be completely clueless usually and refer to it as an actual organised gang but that's usually the same sort of people who reported that all the kidz called mephedrone "miaow miaow" and who think 50 Shades of Grey is an accurate portrayal of the BDSM community

Stephen
22-07-2012, 01:31 AM

As i said anyone can be part of Anonymous M aka Loget is a ****** called james.. he is a scriptkiddie.

ohhhhh celtix is dps

the guy who doesn't shutup about hacking people as if he's some uber cool kid

Edited by Lee (Forum Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly.

scottish
22-07-2012, 01:42 AM
ohhhhh celtix is dps

the guy who doesn't shutup about hacking people as if he's some uber cool kid

*REMOVED*

Edited by Lee (Forum Moderator): Please don't post inappropriately

MKR&*42
22-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Nope not me :P I generally think they're a bit pointless and do more harm than good but unless a hacker decides to target me (to steal my MSPaint sigs? idk) they're no concern of mine

Hmm ok haha, not sure who it was then. I just remember seeing someone a few months ago 'ranting' about 'hacking' groups haha.

Jarkie
22-07-2012, 11:10 AM
I like them, but I just wish they put their skills to better use.

Abdicators
22-07-2012, 03:05 PM
The idea about Anonymous, is that everyone is a part of it. The guy fawks masks are used to ensure those that want to keep their anonymity. The group was not created to be some massive hacking entity.

The Anonymous idea, was formed as a collective to express the ideas and opinions of a large population of people. The hacking Anonymous has participated in has mostly been to gain attention and push their ideas further. You've got to remember though, that Anonymous has taken part in many real life events too

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b0/Anonymous_at_Scientology_in_Los_Angeles.jpg/800px-Anonymous_at_Scientology_in_Los_Angeles.jpg

They protest about many different things that some of you might not even be aware of yet, they helped fight CISPA, PIPA, ACTA (if you're not aware of what these things are, you should be, so google them), they found the women who was on the news for putting a cat in a bin.

Anyone who claims Anonymous is a group full of malicious hackers is very narrow minded and part of a small minority.

And anyone who claims to be part of Anonymous, is breaking the idea behind Anonymous. So they're just silly.

DPS
24-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Most people that claim to be part of Anonymous aint.. lol
Most get exposed daily.
Name / Address ect ect

And yes im KING DPS THE LEET HACKER... AND #1 PEDO BEAR IM 22 YEARS OLD.
And only sign into HxF and Facebook. grooming children since 2002.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!