PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Sync on iTunes?

CrazyLemurs
21-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Hey

I'm trying to take my iTunes library from my laptop to my new PC, by having all the songs on my iPhone and then syncing on the new PC.
However, when I do that, nothing happens, and if I go to press the 'Sync Music' or 'Sync Apps' button, it warns me that all existing data will be removed and replaced with the one new song I have on iTunes.
What should I do to get all my music and apps on my new PC without connecting my PC and laptop directly?

Mikey
21-07-2012, 10:57 PM
Yeah you need to have the music on the iTunes library, you need to move the all the songs from your laptop and move them to your new PC by external hard-drive or memory stick or some other method like that. It won't work by trying to get the music off the iPhone and put it on your iTunes.

CrazyLemurs
21-07-2012, 11:00 PM
Then iTunes is stupid
Always thought that, it's really, really, really unfriendly to the user.
If you put my mum in front of iTunes she'd probably go comatose

Mikey
21-07-2012, 11:07 PM
Then iTunes is stupid
Always thought that, it's really, really, really unfriendly to the user.
If you put my mum in front of iTunes she'd probably go comatose

Yeah iTunes confuses me at times. Love your avatar by the way haha, Elders React eh? ;)

CrazyLemurs
21-07-2012, 11:13 PM
Oh darn you noticed :(
I have a second one on my laptop, but I'm scared to turn it on in case it realises it's been replaced and blows up.

Plebings
22-07-2012, 01:13 AM
if you can't be bothered to manually transfer i tend to use copytrans, i think i paid $10 for it (yeah yeah, who pays for software..) but it's been very useful! i'd definitely recommend it though.

CrazyLemurs
22-07-2012, 10:20 AM
I dont actually own a memory stick, I trust the power of my school's Studywiz site to be able to send homework over.
I dont really want to spend money on things, but I'll see if I can get a cheap memory stick somewhere

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!