PDA

View Full Version : "Official Habbo Guardian Manual" (Not so sure)

Abdicators
24-07-2012, 05:07 PM
http://www.scribd.com/doc/100349559/Habbo-Guardians-Staff-Manual

Thread closed by Jordan (Forum Super Moderator): As the link no longer works

Tidings
24-07-2012, 05:12 PM
habboguardians.com is not affiliated with sulake im afraid :( nice find though

Abdicators
24-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Well aware compadré! My "(not so sure)" was supposed to indicate sarcasm :(

Jarkie
24-07-2012, 05:18 PM
I think this might be a fake.

Kardan
24-07-2012, 05:51 PM
That isn't the official program or anything, infact, if you read the document it sounds exactly the same as the eXpert program without the badge and override and Welcome Lounge (just a help desk instead...)

Kyle
24-07-2012, 06:12 PM
Somebody has a lot of time on their hands...

e5
24-07-2012, 06:27 PM
It's their own version of how they're going to be I think. Thinking they're starting their own Guardian project lols?

Jarkie
24-07-2012, 06:27 PM
That isn't the official program or anything, infact, if you read the document it sounds exactly the same as the eXpert program without the badge and override and Welcome Lounge (just a help desk instead...)

omg my thoughts exactly! I am reading the guide book now and comparing this, and its true. Lmao. Someone has a bit to much times on their hands...

MatthewRMG
24-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Sometimes I wonder if Sulake Legal Department will have a quiet word with the owners of this website - especially if it's set up in a manner that could cause confusion as to the nature of the 'Habbo Guardians' website and the official Habbo Guardians project run by Sulake.

PixelWarning
24-07-2012, 06:36 PM
Sometimes I wonder if Sulake Legal Department will have a quiet word with the owners of this website - especially if it's set up in a manner that could cause confusion as to the nature of the 'Habbo Guardians' website and the official Habbo Guardians project run by Sulake.

Same for this site, it suggests that Habbo X's use this forum... same with the fansite "HabboX" I am sure it was just as confusing back in the day too...

Kyle
24-07-2012, 06:39 PM
Same for this site, it suggests that Habbo X's use this forum... same with the fansite "HabboX" I am sure it was just as confusing back in the day too...
It's quite clear that it's not a habbo X forum and there has never been any confusion, considering the site was open long before Xs. The Xs had their own separate forums and habbox is and amalgamation of habbo and newsbox afaik... Stop pretending to be some authority figure by creating fake habbo patrol things.

MatthewRMG
24-07-2012, 06:40 PM

Yeah, but there's an element of common sense when you load Habbox - it looks nothing like Habbo and you can see that it is quite obviously a fansite. With Habbo Guardians, depending on how they design their site, it could be quite confusing - especially as they use the same font-type (Ubuntu) as Habbo, and the fact that their staff manual refers to a team and safety resources, etc.

I think they need to be careful about how they go about this - prominent notices (ideally in red or something) saying "THIS SITE IS NOT OWNED OR AFFILIATED WITH THE HABBO BRAND OR SULAKE CORPORATION OY" would help.

PixelWarning
24-07-2012, 06:46 PM
It's quite clear that it's not a habbo X forum and there has never been any confusion, considering the site was open long before Xs. The Xs had their own separate forums and habbox is and amalgamation of habbo and newsbox afaik... Stop pretending to be some authority figure by creating fake habbo patrol things.

Yeah, but there's an element of common sense when you load Habbox - it looks nothing like Habbo and you can see that it is quite obviously a fansite. With Habbo Guardians, depending on how they design their site, it could be quite confusing - especially as they use the same font-type (Ubuntu) as Habbo, and the fact that their staff manual refers to a team and safety resources, etc.

I think they need to be careful about how they go about this - prominent notices (ideally in red or something) saying "THIS SITE IS NOT OWNED OR AFFILIATED WITH THE HABBO BRAND OR SULAKE CORPORATION OY" would help.

Neither of you have seen the site, and even after I explained what the site is about, you both fail to understand. We DO have that comment on our site stating we are NOT Sulake. We HAVE contacted Sulake and they are FINE with what we are doing. We do NOT pick who guardians are. Also we created the site BEFORE Guardians were here, do you see any in the hotel? Nope, so I guess it's the same story here.

You'll pick anything to troll and harass about. Habbo gets muted and all of you flip out, yet you all claim to hate Habbo and what it's become. Stop picking on people who have other dreams and goals outside of your own. Don't tell me that we will be sued when CLEARLY we have contacted Sulake. You just say that we will be sued but have you bothered asking if we have gone through the proper channels? No, you just make things up. Perhaps you should contact the source instead of posting random rumors.

-Nick
24-07-2012, 06:48 PM
It's a fake beacause it would of been on an official sulake website :) xo

Kyle
24-07-2012, 06:58 PM
Neither of you have seen the site, and even after I explained what the site is about, you both fail to understand. We DO have that comment on our site stating we are NOT Sulake. We HAVE contacted Sulake and they are FINE with what we are doing. We do NOT pick who guardians are. Also we created the site BEFORE Guardians were here, do you see any in the hotel? Nope, so I guess it's the same story here.

You'll pick anything to troll and harass about. Habbo gets muted and all of you flip out, yet you all claim to hate Habbo and what it's become. Stop picking on people who have other dreams and goals outside of your own. Don't tell me that we will be sued when CLEARLY we have contacted Sulake. You just say that we will be sued but have you bothered asking if we have gone through the proper channels? No, you just make things up. Perhaps you should contact the source instead of posting random rumors.
I know that you have permission from sulake and I'm happy for you that you feel that you're contributing somehow through this site. The name is misleading though lets be honest... Having a site with exactly the same name as a proposed system where people will have various powers... Those who don't read the small print will just assume that you're official. It's for a good cause at least. Reminds me of the superhabbo/tech team help desks.

MatthewRMG
24-07-2012, 07:00 PM

Okay, calm down. My original post was just a thought voiced aloud. If I really wanted to criticise you, do you not think I would? I'm not sure why you think I have anything against the Habbo Guardians project - I don't. I mean, I'm not bothered whether your site succeeds or failed, I was just commenting on certain aspects of your site. I did not state anywhere that you would be sued - I advise you not to put words into my mouth. Sulake Legal speaking to you, and Sulake suing you are not the same thing - they might've ask you to change certain aspects of your site (irrelevant now as you have contacted Sulake and they are fine with it) but that was purely from a brand protection perspective to avoid confusion.

I am neither trolling not harrassing you - please don't assume that I am, it makes you look very silly. I was not aware the site was created before Guardians were announced (I only saw it around the same time Guardians were announced), but I accept your version of events. I do not hate Habbo, nor did I flip out when Habbo was muted (I don't even play Habbo), so sweeping generalisations about myself, or other players are essentially useless and make you look silly.

I have not failed to understand anything - the purpose of the site is now clear from that manual. :) It wasn't very clear before, but it is perfectly clear now.

Spitfire223
24-07-2012, 09:05 PM
This is the cringiest thing I have ever seen in my entire life.

Jyoko
24-07-2012, 09:06 PM
The link to the guide has been removed - it is meant for people who have joined us, although I am glad it cleared up confusion for some of you.

The web site (www.HabboGuardians.com) has been updated with more information as well. It is understandable that, since both projects will be launched in August, there is confusion. However, all will become clear in time.

Further questions can be directed my way.

J.

GommeInc
24-07-2012, 09:15 PM
I'm confused, so the website is going to have a Habbo Guardian project which will effectively leech off the actual Habbo Guardian system in an attempt to gain some website hits? Wouldn't it be best to call the Habbo Guardian project on the website something else so not to confuse the two? Like Habbo Guides, as you won't have the obvious guardian tools, and only really have guidance to offer (if the re-editing of the Habbo eXpert document is anything to go by).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!