PDA

View Full Version : Events Department

Netaxes
25-07-2012, 12:34 AM
<p>
The events hosted by Habbox really have seem to be lacking! Others will disagree with this point but I find that Habbox has steadily been going downhill for the past two years. With the radio down to about 30 listeners max during the day, Habbox is really at a low point. For the topic of discussion, events hosted by Habbox are really lacking. I&#39;ve been looking at the events for a little while now, and how can a fansite only host two events in a day! Really, that number is super low! I know today, for instance, there are 5-6 events planned, and that should be a minimum for one day. How can other fansites host events 24 hours a day and Habbox can barely put out 2 in a day.Honestly, Habbox needs to step up its game!</p>

mastertonyk
25-07-2012, 12:38 AM
Indeed sir! We have to do something!

Samantha
25-07-2012, 12:40 AM
I try to do an event when I can, I believe some EOs are away at the moment so that could explain some lack of events! We don't have many international staff - I think we have 2/3 so that's probably why events aren't hosted 24/7.

lawrawrrr
25-07-2012, 12:40 AM
I've not seen another fansite host that many? I think the problem is not enough free event organisers - and some are posted away. There are usually more than 2 a day, but there just hasn't been the demand lately, out of my last 4 events 2 have been near-dead...

Netaxes
25-07-2012, 12:41 AM
Still, its the summer time and with most people out of school, why aren't more people hired if this many people are away?

SackRace
25-07-2012, 12:42 AM
If your talking of the likes of thishabbo they hire millions of staff that don't have a ******* clue.

Samantha
25-07-2012, 12:43 AM
Still, its the summer time and with most people out of school, why aren't more people hired if this many people are away?

Maybe there is a lack of applications? The manager is away too so may not get to advertise them as much as he likes!

Fifty-Six
25-07-2012, 01:56 AM
Maybe try and have EOs from different time zones? Idk. But then I guess you end up with events with only a few people showing up.

:odey:
25-07-2012, 02:42 AM
I think people forget that event organisers have to fund all their own events and prizes,
And some people purely can't afford to constantly host events for lack of credits / furni.
They just host when, and give what they can.
The minimum is 2 events a week per organiser, and we all usually go above and beyond that even though we're not required to.

Coupled with the idiots that like to report you for saying Habbox, you can't advertise anyway.

Red
25-07-2012, 03:00 AM
Think it has something to do with the olympics just ending and hxss just around the corner. I wouldn't be surprised if many of the hosts were a bit burnt out! I know I am and I just attended them.

orientalframe?
25-07-2012, 06:14 AM
just saying
http://i48.tinypic.com/25u1yy0.png http://i46.tinypic.com/e5ojs3.png

i've seen thishabbo (and even hffm) host loads of events recently and i barely see a break in the day, i know they have to fund their own room and prizes but surely they knew that before they applied?

Jurv
25-07-2012, 07:22 AM
oh hello! i was waiting for this thread, every other department has seemed to have one :¬:

<p>
The events hosted by Habbox really have seem to be lacking! Others will disagree with this point but I find that Habbox has steadily been going downhill for the past two years. With the radio down to about 30 listeners max during the day, Habbox is really at a low point. For the topic of discussion, events hosted by Habbox are really lacking. I've been looking at the events for a little while now, and how can a fansite only host two events in a day! Really, that number is super low! I know today, for instance, there are 5-6 events planned, and that should be a minimum for one day. How can other fansites host events 24 hours a day and Habbox can barely put out 2 in a day.Honestly, Habbox needs to step up its game!</p>

i dont know whether you were here for the habbox olympics or not but there were loads of events being hosted during that period. at the moment quite a lot of staff are posted away and i am currently going through some of the recent apps which have been sent to me. anyone who wants a trial or who has applied will be contacted later on, so yeah, hopefully we'll have some really nice additions to the team.

in regards to what you said about habbox, i would actually say that events aren't doing that bad compared to other sites. we probably need to be more consistent in terms of the amount of events but that can't always happen. unfortunately people do have lives outside of habbox and sometimes they need to post away for that reason. as well as that, people seem to forgot that all events which are hosted are funded by the events organisers so they will also need time to get hold of prizes for people as well as preparing rooms and anything else which they need to sort out to host an event.

another thing which has become an issue is habbo itself. with the current chat it's extremely hard to get your point across sometimes and it's even harder to advertise more around the hotel. you can't even host room events anymore which has proved to be a pain during the non-bst side of things. during uk times it isn't so bad as a lot of habbox users attend, but during the early hours of the morning it's very hard to start an event without only a few people turning up. before the whole habbo problem it wasn't too bad and if anything, it actually improved. it's a shame really!

thanks for posting this thread though, it's always nice to get some feedback. however, i can assure you within the next few weeks things will definitely improve and you will see a lot more events being hosted, especially with hxss around the corner.

Maybe try and have EOs from different time zones? Idk. But then I guess you end up with events with only a few people showing up.

we don't really get many non-bst users applying and if we do, it's always within a small number. before the whole issue with habbo we were getting quite a few people turning up to early morning events and it's a shame that it can't be the same now. hopefully in the coming weeks we'll have a few more trialists and advertisement will become less of a hassle.

-Nick
25-07-2012, 07:40 AM
You just might not be online when the event are hosted!!!:S

Netaxes
25-07-2012, 12:38 PM
I think if funding is the issue, then I think that's something the manager and upper management need to talk about. Maybe taking some of the donations and buying prizes for events so that more can be hosted. If the manager is away, its the responsibility of the assistant manager to step up and fill the job. **EDIT** As well, you cant just say "Oh, we did tons of events at this time, we host tons of events". Consistency is something that will bring people to the website!

Richie
25-07-2012, 12:43 PM
I think how donations work is somewhat silly. I remember I was going to donate a good 200 tubmasters and a load of mochas to the events team so the organisers wouldn't have to pay for prizes for a few weeks and was told that's part of their job, which is fair enough but if someone is willingly offering a big donation to fund something by all means you should take it.

As for the department itself, maybe more events could be hosted. I personally don't bother attending them as it's pretty boring (no offence) I like competition. Not sure if it happens already but maybe you could have events winner of the month or something? Add up everyones points like big events and whoever has the most amount of points by the end gets a prize or something.

Inseriousity.
25-07-2012, 12:49 PM
It has been talked about. If you would like to make a donation to fund events, feel free but finding consistency would also mean we need a consistent means of funding to allow that to happen. The only current way to make funds is through the Habbox Lottery which has always been inconsistent and patchy (some months doing well, some months doing absolute rubbish).

Events are definitely a bit thin on the ground atm but these things are often like a rollercoaster and consistency is easier said than done.

David
25-07-2012, 12:57 PM
I think how donations work is somewhat silly. I remember I was going to donate a good 200 tubmasters and a load of mochas to the events team so the organisers wouldn't have to pay for prizes for a few weeks and was told that's part of their job, which is fair enough but if someone is willingly offering a big donation to fund something by all means you should take it.

As for the department itself, maybe more events could be hosted. I personally don't bother attending them as it's pretty boring (no offence) I like competition. Not sure if it happens already but maybe you could have events winner of the month or something? Add up everyones points like big events and whoever has the most amount of points by the end gets a prize or something.

Isnt that player of the month?

It has been talked about. If you would like to make a donation to fund events, feel free but finding consistency would also mean we need a consistent means of funding to allow that to happen. The only current way to make funds is through the Habbox Lottery which has always been inconsistent and patchy (some months doing well, some months doing absolute rubbish).

Events are definitely a bit thin on the ground atm but these things are often like a rollercoaster and consistency is easier said than done.

I don't ever see anything about Habbox Lottery except in your sig, is it just left to run on it's own legs or am i missing something?

Dean
25-07-2012, 01:25 PM

Isnt that player of the month?

I don't ever see anything about Habbox Lottery except in your sig, is it just left to run on it's own legs or am i missing something?

This. I haven't heard of Habbox Lottery in a while. Why not make it a regular, weekly occurrence?

Samantha
25-07-2012, 01:37 PM
This. I haven't heard of Habbox Lottery in a while. Why not make it a regular, weekly occurrence?

It's monthly or attempts to be, I think weekly is too often though!

Alex3213
25-07-2012, 01:40 PM

Because there just wouldn't be enough tickets in a week which is why it is monthly (or is meant to be).

There has to be a line between the effort you're putting in for the outcome which can be used for funding. I think the way it is working at the moment (or again, should be.. :P) is good cos with the amount of managers there are, 216 tickets is more than reachable (whereas with 1 or 2 people working on it it's so much harder and lol I use too many parenthesis) but I agree that it needs to have more of a place here. As you said Mike, it's the only way currently Habbox can make funds without donations and therefore it is important that it is advertised and is an exciting event for people to participate in.

As with Events it's definitely noticeable that it is going downhill which is a shame especially as it is the summer holidays I think - or is about to be maybe idk - so it is key for Habbox to take this opportunity with both hands, and if possible, feet too! I'm sure it is very difficult with only having one manager present at the moment but that's no excuse. How many staff are actually not posted away at the moment just out of interest?

I think the other thing is variety is now more important than ever due to the lack of events (let's not make excuses as to why, I'm sure they're all true however the point still stands, there are very little events) and I think this is something which still needs to be addressed. It's much better than it was, in fact a lot better: Connect 4, Simon Says, Dice Do-Me-No and Assault Course are all on the first page of the CNB, but I'd be interested to know what the rule is on duplicate events. I think that it is important to have the same event no more than once in a 3 hour period. For example if Bingo was at 12pm, it shouldn't be on at 10, 11, 1 or 2 so it really makes sure that this is sorted. It was something I noticed due to the HxO and when you're trying to engage Habbox users (as well as attract new ones), it'll get a bit stale and boring if the same events keep coming up. Credit to those EOs who's events I just mentioned though because I know when I saw Connect 4 one morning for example, I know I would have came online to have a go if I was around.

When HxSS comes along it'd be interesting to note the proportion of events hosted by normal EOs and then other staff afterwards, to see if there are really any problems which do need to be sorted out.

Lewis
25-07-2012, 01:41 PM
Right, I'm going to be honest. I almost NEVER attend habbox events. Why? I am sick of seeing events like falling furniture, bingo, dont touch the floor and so on. Habbox need to start doing a mixture of events and more original ones. This is just my opinion thx

including:
pod racing
falling furni
bingo
dont touch my floor
racing -- habbox needs better games, more original and even wired too.

Threads merged by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): As they are both offering feedback to improve the events department

Red
25-07-2012, 01:46 PM
Hmm I prefer the original events with a few original game. They do have them though, like Paul's Connect four and rock paper scissors.

Alex3213
25-07-2012, 01:46 PM
Like I've just said in the other thread (talking of which, why create a new thread, join into the discussion!) I do think there are a few problems but they are getting better. There are 6 or 7 events which are less common on the client and I think this is certainly a step in the right direction. The last FF was 5 days ago, whether this is to do with the lack of events, I don't know. Whilst I think there are a couple of problems still, that side of things is certainly improving.

It's all well and good to say 'more original events' but unfortunately ideas sometimes aren't that easy to grasp and as a former EO, I'm sure you'll agree that sometimes it is difficult to create a game which is enjoyable for a wide range of people which can be done again- ultimately this is the aim with original events, to not be a one trick pony the first time the author of the game hosts it. Like Franklin once said "well done is better than well said"... I think it was him anyways haven't heard it in months :P

Lewis
25-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Like I've just said in the other thread (talking of which, why create a new thread, join into the discussion!) I do think there are a few problems but they are getting better. There are 6 or 7 events which are less common on the client and I think this is certainly a step in the right direction. The last FF was 5 days ago, whether this is to do with the lack of events, I don't know. Whilst I think there are a couple of problems still, that side of things is certainly improving.

It's all well and good to say 'more original events' but unfortunately ideas sometimes aren't that easy to grasp and as a former EO, I'm sure you'll agree that sometimes it is difficult to create a game which is enjoyable for a wide range of people which can be done again- ultimately this is the aim with original events, to not be a one trick pony the first time the author of the game hosts it. Like Franklin once said "well done is better than well said"... I think it was him anyways haven't heard it in months :P

yeah its hard, but there are a lot of original wired games out there they could make themselves that others have already made. When I say original, I dont exactly mean NEW games but original to habbox events.

Yes they are improving, I havent really checked though. Im just saying what I remember from not that long ago :)

Samantha
25-07-2012, 01:53 PM
I attempt to do original events, or those tha aren't done often. Like I did Simon Says, Mini Maze (and attempted to do Telephrase), I agree and I think even with a twist or rename in your game it can do the world of good.

I know when I was Event Organiser before I did Don't Get an Orange as opposed to Don't Get a Carrot and it was funny players trying to name the fruit they got too - I think this could be applied to things such as Pod Racing, for example having the number 6 mean everyone is moved forward or back 1 space, something like that. Twisted bingo whereby you need to get the opposite number or say something other than bingo. Even weapons in Don't Touch the Floor used differently is different.

It's a shame you can't play events such as Which Stool anymore (due to the shuffle when rotating furni) and the alternative would be to use Wired which not everyone can afford. It's simple to make an event creative and it doesn't take a genius really. I know a lot of the Weekly Events are original to an extent which shows that organisers can think of things!

Lewis
25-07-2012, 01:54 PM
I attempt to do original events, or those tha aren't done often. Like I did Simon Says, Mini Maze (and attempted to do Telephrase), I agree and I think even with a twist or rename in your game it can do the world of good.

I know when I was Event Organiser before I did Don't Get an Orange as opposed to Don't Get a Carrot and it was funny players trying to name the fruit they got too - I think this could be applied to things such as Pod Racing, for example having the number 6 mean everyone is moved forward or back 1 space, something like that. Twisted bingo whereby you need to get the opposite number or say something other than bingo. Even weapons in Don't Touch the Floor used differently is different.

It's a shame you can't play events such as Which Stool anymore (due to the shuffle when rotating furni) and the alternative would be to use Wired which not everyone can afford. It's simple to make an event creative and it doesn't take a genius really. I know a lot of the Weekly Events are original to an extent which shows that organisers can think of things!

yeah, I like your games sam! :) And yeah, it would be good if they could make some twists on old games like a falling furni... Im sure they would have plenty of ideas :)

Alex3213
25-07-2012, 02:09 PM
yeah its hard, but there are a lot of original wired games out there they could make themselves that others have already made. When I say original, I dont exactly mean NEW games but original to habbox events.

Yes they are improving, I havent really checked though. Im just saying what I remember from not that long ago :)

Which I think is what they are doing and is certainly noticeable. I don't think it's fair to comment on what you have seen a while ago rather than fairly recently, as even during the HxO where there were an overload of common events, there were other uncommon ones around lurking there. I think the aim needs to be to increase the proportion of these whilst still keeping the older classics as everyone likes going back to the old times now and again. :)

I do think some of these are a bit farfetched (for example the bingo). I know when I did pod racing I did a similar thing, I only had five people playing and if a 6 was rolled, a question would be asked instead and they would get to choose a player to move forward two spaces to make it a bit more worthwhile. Another thing I did was in a slightly bigger room have 2 pod racings as it were going on at the same time, I would roll the dice (I think I had 2 dice actually to increase variety) and if you reached the middle plinths you'd be out and then during the finals it'd be odds and evens just using one dice and they wouldn't be able to steal though.

For the Which Stool?, I found using Wired really fun because as well as letting people win, you could also kick people out which was always fun.

You could also have a game similar to the first round in the triathlon thing or w.e it was Events and HxHD Management did. Get a load of people into a square (use banzai teleporters) and have lots of pods. When the gate opens, everyone runs to a pod and it will either keep you there or wire you back to the starting position where you would look for another chair. Last person to not stay sitting on a pod without the wired teleporting them would be out. Last man standing wins.

I don't know how easy this would be to incorporate due to the blacklist chat but another thing you could do is a Quiz Race. A load of mats and some gates, then four rows of chairs and some other gates and mats. People stand on mat (eight people maybe?) and then gates are opened and as they sit down the Wired tells them a question. They say the answer, they teleport and they get asked question 2. They say the answer, they teleport and they get asked question 3. They say the answer, they're through to the next round on the sofas. Gates open, they go on the mat and they're teleported back to the beginning. Last two people not to get to the end will lose (as obviously more questions would be required). Just an idea, perhaps not the most easy one for the EO but a few differences of the quiz approach would interest more people possibly.

edit: lol just read a few sentences and they make no sense whatsoever woopsie

Samantha
25-07-2012, 02:15 PM
Which I think is what they are doing and is certainly noticeable. I don't think it's fair to comment on what you have seen a while ago rather than fairly recently, as even during the HxO where there were an overload of common events, there were other uncommon ones around lurking there. I think the aim needs to be to increase the proportion of these whilst still keeping the older classics as everyone likes going back to the old times now and again. :)

I do think some of these are a bit farfetched (for example the bingo). I know when I did pod racing I did a similar thing, I only had five people playing and if a 6 was rolled, a question would be asked instead and they would get to choose a player to move forward two spaces to make it a bit more worthwhile. Another thing I did was in a slightly bigger room have 2 pod racings as it were going on at the same time, I would roll the dice (I think I had 2 dice actually to increase variety) and if you reached the middle plinths you'd be out and then during the finals it'd be odds and evens just using one dice and they wouldn't be able to steal though.

For the Which Stool?, I found using Wired really fun because as well as letting people win, you could also kick people out which was always fun.

You could also have a game similar to the first round in the triathlon thing or w.e it was Events and HxHD Management did. Get a load of people into a square (use banzai teleporters) and have lots of pods. When the gate opens, everyone runs to a pod and it will either keep you there or wire you back to the starting position where you would look for another chair. Last person to not stay sitting on a pod without the wired teleporting them would be out. Last man standing wins.

I don't know how easy this would be to incorporate due to the blacklist chat but another thing you could do is a Quiz Race. A load of mats and some gates, then four rows of chairs and some other gates and mats. People stand on mat (eight people maybe?) and then gates are opened and as they sit down the Wired tells them a question. They say the answer, they teleport and they get asked question 2. They say the answer, they teleport and they get asked question 3. They say the answer, they're through to the next round on the sofas. Gates open, they go on the mat and they're teleported back to the beginning. Last two people not to get to the end will lose (as obviously more questions would be required). Just an idea, perhaps not the most easy one for the EO but a few differences of the quiz approach would interest more people possibly.

edit: lol just read a few sentences and they make no sense whatsoever woopsie

So like a Telephrase Maze?

Also, I remember your Pod Racing and the Bingo alternatives aren't far-fetched at all - I remember Elle doing something like that and it's easy to do as long as you say what you want them to say when they have the correct number.

With Which Stool? I guess you could have it whereby if a person sat on a specific Stool it would rotate then they get to pick to kick like before instead of rotating it beforehand.

Kyle
25-07-2012, 02:16 PM
The current events problem is because of the limited chat. When free chat is back we will be able to have events like trivia, shout it out, multi tasking, etc. They're doing well to keep some variety at least and :odey:; and Volunteer; among others have been very creative with wired to bring yet more originality but sadly not everybody has the coins for that. Both of these events threads appear to overlook the fact that the school holidays have just started for most of the events hosts and so a lot of them are away to enjoy their real life summer so aren't able to get on to host quite so many events as they usually would.

Habbox Summer Spectacular is just around the corner and I'm sure they'll step up to the mark by bringing us a few more original and creative games for the summer.

Alex3213
25-07-2012, 02:17 PM
So like a Telephrase Maze?

Also, I remember your Pod Racing and the Bingo alternatives aren't far-fetched at all - I remember Elle doing something like that and it's easy to do as long as you say what you want them to say when they have the correct number.

With Which Stool? I guess you could have it whereby if a person sat on a specific Stool it would rotate then they get to pick to kick like before instead of rotating it beforehand.

I think me saying "GOT IT" instead of "Bingo" isn't gonna make the game anymore fun :P

Samantha
25-07-2012, 02:18 PM
I think me saying "GOT IT" instead of "Bingo" isn't gonna make the game anymore fun :P

LMAO I didn't mean it would make it more fun, it's just something different than the usual bingo.

In HxSS it's one of the worst culprits for events, there's usually 3-4 games of ff and bingo with pod racing inbetween.

Samantha
25-07-2012, 02:39 PM
just saying
http://i48.tinypic.com/25u1yy0.png http://i46.tinypic.com/e5ojs3.png

i've seen thishabbo (and even hffm) host loads of events recently and i barely see a break in the day, i know they have to fund their own room and prizes but surely they knew that before they applied?

Believe 3 of them got cancelled now lmao?

orientalframe?
25-07-2012, 02:44 PM
yeah so only 2 events that is pretty poor

Volunteer
25-07-2012, 02:54 PM
Hi everyone on this thread,

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to advertise here (it's not really advertising), but I'm just letting everyone know that there will be a (NEW) [WIRED] Rock, Paper, Scissors [WIRED] event at 10PM TONIGHT!. Instructions will be provided on CNB 30 minutes prior to the game :).

Thanks,
Volunteer

Samantha
25-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Was gonna host an event for 4, got room ready then realised it's 16:01 now ;l.

Jarkie
25-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Everytime I log on, i always see some habbox event being held, and the applications are open to invite new members. I see no problem here.

Grig
25-07-2012, 04:18 PM
It''s not just events that have lack of credits either. Habbox' funding levels are much lower than in years past. Lottery is a good way, but it can't be solely based on that. I know we have no official radio funding either atm, so it's a problem that stems for various depts.

David
25-07-2012, 04:20 PM
Everytime I log on, i always see some habbox event being held, and the applications are open to invite new members. I see no problem here.

then take another look... several hour gaps are not good.

http://icap.me/i/HHCYhJqamQ.png

http://habbox.com/#/events

SackRace
25-07-2012, 04:20 PM
then take another look... several hour gaps are not good.

http://icap.me/i/HHCYhJqamQ.png

http://habbox.com/#/events

bingo was canceled

Paige.
25-07-2012, 04:22 PM
bingo was canceled

i was told that it was actually missed :O

SackRace
25-07-2012, 04:25 PM

oh thanks for pointing that out =]

MissAlice
25-07-2012, 05:18 PM
It''s not just events that have lack of credits either. Habbox' funding levels are much lower than in years past. Lottery is a good way, but it can't be solely based on that. I know we have no official radio funding either atm, so it's a problem that stems for various depts.

You raise a very good and valid point.

I pointed out a few weeks ago that Habbox could do more to encourage donations, and that they don’t need to beg for them either. So a new link was added, I have just looked at the link and can only see one donation, received 13th July last. A very generous donation from Plageius

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=752300

Within that post, the following can be read!
All donations are appreciated and they really do help us in the funding for prizes for competitions and events in various departments.

I do feel it’s important to thank the member donating as it not only shows appreciation but it highlights the donation and may prompt others to do likewise.

Alex3213
25-07-2012, 05:33 PM
You raise a very good and valid point.

I pointed out a few weeks ago that Habbox could do more to encourage donations, and that they don’t need to beg for them either. So a new link was added, I have just looked at the link and can only see one donation, received 13th July last. A very generous donation from Plageius

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=752300

Within that post, the following can be read!
All donations are appreciated and they really do help us in the funding for prizes for competitions and events in various departments.

I do feel it’s important to thank the member donating as it not only shows appreciation but it highlights the donation and may prompt others to do likewise.

I completely agree with this, very valid point. If possible it'd be nice to edit into the thread (now it's up to scratch) what their donation was used for (e.g. 'Habbox Olympics overall prize' or 'a variety of competition prizes')

Samantha
25-07-2012, 05:38 PM
What I would commend too is that it's not only Events that need the 'donations' as such. When redesigning the Help Desk MattG spends days tracking down the different furni items and some members do their best to borrow him the items. I think that could be added to the list too surely? I know it's not a donation as such but it's helping Habbox's funding and makes them use their other funds for better and bigger things!

Jurv
25-07-2012, 07:07 PM
i have noticed that a few of the same events are being hosted regularly and i'm hoping that it is just down to the fact that the amount of events which we can host is limited. i remember when someone mentioned this problem over a year ago now and since then i've got to say that it has actually improved. to tackle the problem back then we ended up creating quite a large list of events which people were able to host. unfortunately, i don't think it has been looked at over the past few months so i will certainly be pointing this out to the events organisers later on.

oh btw, was there any point in making another thread? :hmm:

Jurv
25-07-2012, 07:29 PM
I think if funding is the issue, then I think that's something the manager and upper management need to talk about. Maybe taking some of the donations and buying prizes for events so that more can be hosted. If the manager is away, its the responsibility of the assistant manager to step up and fill the job. **EDIT** As well, you cant just say "Oh, we did tons of events at this time, we host tons of events". Consistency is something that will bring people to the website!

what makes you think that i haven't stepped up and filled the job? and yeah, consistency is important and if there was an easy way of making the amount of events consistent than i would have done it a long time ago. it's not that simple.

i'm not completely sure how donations work either but i know that it isn't being used for normal day-to-day events. i think it's mainly used for more large scale events or tournaments which we host. and yeah, we currently already have two awards which are up for grabs at the moment. there's the 'habbox events award' for winning weekly events and the 'player of the month' award which you earn by being active, helpful and considerate during habbox events. :)

As with Events it's definitely noticeable that it is going downhill which is a shame especially as it is the summer holidays I think - or is about to be maybe idk - so it is key for Habbox to take this opportunity with both hands, and if possible, feet too! I'm sure it is very difficult with only having one manager present at the moment but that's no excuse. How many staff are actually not posted away at the moment just out of interest?

there are currently six events organisers posted away, one of them being a senior (not including mathew). which means that there are five members of staff who are active, one of them being a trialist. and no, i'm not using mathew not being here as an excuse as we would be facing the same problems. although i'm quite busy irl at the moment i do try and get online as much as i can. :P

Believe 3 of them got cancelled now lmao?

two of them were removed as they as one is resigning and the other isn't in the department anymore. and the other one was removed because they have had to post away for certain reasons. i would host an event myself but my account is currently locked and i'm unable to trade, haha

Was gonna host an event for 4, got room ready then realised it's 16:01 now ;l.

and why is that a problem? as long as you let us know that you have hosted an event and posted an announcement it doesn't really matter. it was at the start of the hour so you certainly had time!

oh thanks for pointing that out =]

nope. it was removed due to the person posting away. :)

Alex3213
25-07-2012, 07:39 PM
there are currently six events organisers posted away, one of them being a senior (not including mathew). which means that there are five members of staff who are active, one of them being a trialist. and no, i'm not using mathew not being here as an excuse as we would be facing the same problems. although i'm quite busy irl at the moment i do try and get online as much as i can. :P

lolol no I wasn't on about you when I said that actually, I was on about the department as a whole really. That's the issue then, do you know how many will be around next week for example? It would be interesting to see the reflection between the two weeks.

Samantha
25-07-2012, 07:42 PM
what makes you think that i haven't stepped up and filled the job? and yeah, consistency is important and if there was an easy way of making the amount of events consistent than i would have done it a long time ago. it's not that simple.

i'm not completely sure how donations work either but i know that it isn't being used for normal day-to-day events. i think it's mainly used for more large scale events or tournaments which we host. and yeah, we currently already have two awards which are up for grabs at the moment. there's the 'habbox events award' for winning weekly events and the 'player of the month' award which you earn by being active, helpful and considerate during habbox events. :)

two of them were removed as they as one is resigning and the other isn't in the department anymore. and the other one was removed because they have had to post away for certain reasons. i would host an event myself but my account is currently locked and i'm unable to trade, haha

and why is that a problem? as long as you let us know that you have hosted an event and posted an announcement it doesn't really matter. it was at the start of the hour so you certainly had time!

nope. it was removed due to the person posting away. :)

Well I remember a while back I asked if I could host an event at it was like 5 past and got told no so sorry for assuming it's the same lmao.

---------- Post added 25-07-2012 at 08:43 PM ----------

lolol no I wasn't on about you when I said that actually, I was on about the department as a whole really. That's the issue then, do you know how many will be around next week for example? It would be interesting to see the reflection between the two weeks.

I know I'm away the next week not sure about others!

Jurv
25-07-2012, 07:47 PM

oh, haha! most of them who are posted away are back next week, so there should be nine active staff as well as a couple of people who are returning and a few which are being put on a trial. i think i've worked that out correctly!

Well I remember a while back I asked if I could host an event at it was like 5 past and got told no so sorry for assuming it's the same lmao.

oh i'm certain that's never been the case whilst i've been staff. although, around the 10 minute mark you would be pushing it :P

Volunteer
25-07-2012, 07:48 PM
This is my opinion. I personally think having the option for all events organizers to be able to book an event on our own would be beneficial. This might be better if we want to hold an event immediately without notice.

I understand that we can still host events even if it's not posted, but for the purpose of gathering more people, it's just an idea.

Volunteer

Samantha
25-07-2012, 07:51 PM
This is my opinion. I personally think having the option for all events organizers to be able to book an event on our own would be beneficial. This might be better if we want to hold an event immediately without notice.

I understand that we can still host events even if it's not posted, but for the purpose of gathering more people, it's just an idea.

Volunteer

Not really a good idea, it's taking a role off of Senior Event Organisers and that's a fairly big chunk considering the other things they do too. Also, it's trust.

Alex3213
25-07-2012, 07:58 PM

Volunteer

I think that this isn't really required cos afterall if you are booking events at the last minute, a slight change in the Habbox calendar won't make much of a difference, especially if the DJ if one is on air is informed. You're still able to post on the forum so there won't be much of a change and I simply don't think it's necessary. It would make the administrative side of events a lot harder to manage for little outcome.

Samantha
25-07-2012, 08:05 PM
To say it's 9pm peak time and I have no players at my event is shocking. The mute didn't work wonders!

Jurv
25-07-2012, 08:21 PM
To say it's 9pm peak time and I have no players at my event is shocking. The mute didn't work wonders!

it was a slow start but it seems to be going really well now. i guess you just need to advertise using the invite feature as much as you can and hopefully the hotel events system will be sorted soon so it won't be as much hassle :P

Netaxes
25-07-2012, 09:04 PM
Jurv, when I asked some people about why events are slow, I got the answer "Well, the manager is away, that could be why". That's how I know that more could be done by yourself. I was also a manager myself, and consistency has something to do of the amount of effort you put in. I was the manager of the Rare Values Department back before marketplace and when they were being used a lot of the time. If you put effort in to make sure that the values are updated on a daily basis, people see consistency and keep coming back to use them. The same thing is with events! If the managers are pushing staff and bringing the best out in them, the department would be in better shape then they are now. As well, a little revising to donations might be in order, which is something for general management. What are the donations being used for, it says for competitions and events. If you're only going to use them for major events, then specify that, put "These donations will not be used for prizes in our general events".

geo
25-07-2012, 09:15 PM
hire me and we wouldnt have this problem!!!!!!

just kidding. there's not really much that can be suggested here other than hiring new people which is still not brilliant because people are obviously going to be away a lot more at summer and things and time zones.

i was thinking that maybe Mathew; or Jurv; could make an event room for events organisers to use? it could be basic and the furniture could be split between them (and possibly the seniors?) so that events organisers could worry more about prizes than making a room to fit with the particular season.

also i think advertising habbox could help. i know that the stupid mute thing has made it harder but you could look for more official rooms that are popular at the moment. right now i'm pretty sure not one of the official rooms for habbox is popular and i don't even think jas' beach exists anymore (unless it has been removed idk). it may really help to update the rooms you've got and possibly talk to the owners of the really popular rooms on habbo (death run, temple run, etc.) so they could help out on getting more new members in which could help all depts.

Samantha
25-07-2012, 09:23 PM

just kidding. there's not really much that can be suggested here other than hiring new people which is still not brilliant because people are obviously going to be away a lot more at summer and things and time zones.

i was thinking that maybe Mathew; or Jurv; could make an event room for events organisers to use? it could be basic and the furniture could be split between them (and possibly the seniors?) so that events organisers could worry more about prizes than making a room to fit with the particular season.

also i think advertising habbox could help. i know that the stupid mute thing has made it harder but you could look for more official rooms that are popular at the moment. right now i'm pretty sure not one of the official rooms for habbox is popular and i don't even think jas' beach exists anymore (unless it has been removed idk). it may really help to update the rooms you've got and possibly talk to the owners of the really popular rooms on habbo (death run, temple run, etc.) so they could help out on getting more new members in which could help all depts.

I believe other EOs are allowed to host in 'good' and 'well designed' event rooms if you ask the owner first (the other eo). Could be wrong though.

Jurv
25-07-2012, 10:31 PM
Jurv, when I asked some people about why events are slow, I got the answer "Well, the manager is away, that could be why". That's how I know that more could be done by yourself. I was also a manager myself, and consistency has something to do of the amount of effort you put in. I was the manager of the Rare Values Department back before marketplace and when they were being used a lot of the time. If you put effort in to make sure that the values are updated on a daily basis, people see consistency and keep coming back to use them. The same thing is with events! If the managers are pushing staff and bringing the best out in them, the department would be in better shape then they are now. As well, a little revising to donations might be in order, which is something for general management. What are the donations being used for, it says for competitions and events. If you're only going to use them for major events, then specify that, put "These donations will not be used for prizes in our general events".

i can assure you that rare values and events are both two very different departments. throughout the year i've been manager i have put as much effort as i can into the department and although the manager is currently away i do know how the department works. i really don't understand what you want me to do which will help with the amount of effort i put in? what do you want me to do? people join the department, people resign from the department, people are dismissed from the department. as much as i try making the amount of events consistent, it's not as easy as it sounds. some months are good, some months are bad and i don't expect any different. unfortunately staff can't host events all day, every day and considering that hosting events is voluntary work i would rather not 'force' people to host events because the chances are they're not going to enjoy hosting. i'd rather them want to host on their own terms, perhaps with a little bit of encouragement.

i was thinking that maybe @Mathew (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=31230); or @Jurv (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=64841); could make an event room for events organisers to use? it could be basic and the furniture could be split between them (and possibly the seniors?) so that events organisers could worry more about prizes than making a room to fit with the particular season.

we did have some rooms which events organisers could use but they weren't really being used. i'd rather people have their own rooms anyway, unless they were banned or something. however, i do actually have my summer room which i have offered for any events staff to use and host in and that's exactly what doughnutty; is doing tomorrow morning.

and yeah i do agree with more advertising, it's just really hard to do at the moment with the rubbish chat and silly bans. i don't even think it's just the events department we need to advertise for, it's habbox as a whole. we need as many new users as possible and hopefully hxss will help with this. it has done in the past so hopefully it won't be any different!

geo
25-07-2012, 10:33 PM
i can assure you that rare values and events are both two very different departments. throughout the year i've been manager i have put as much effort as i can into the department and although the manager is currently away i do know how the department works. i really don't understand what you want me to do which will help with the amount of effort i put in? what do you want me to do? people join the department, people resign from the department, people are dismissed from the department. as much as i try making the amount of events consistent, it's not as easy as it sounds. some months are good, some months are bad and i don't expect any different. unfortunately staff can't host events all day, every day and considering that hosting events is voluntary work i would rather not 'force' people to host events because the chances are they're not going to enjoy hosting. i'd rather them want to host on their own terms, perhaps with a little bit of encouragement.

we did have some rooms which events organisers could use but they weren't really being used. i'd rather people have their own rooms anyway, unless they were banned or something. however, i do actually have my summer room which i have offered for any events staff to use and host in and that's exactly what @doughnutty (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=61966); is doing tomorrow morning.

and yeah i do agree with more advertising, it's just really hard to do at the moment with the rubbish chat and silly bans. i don't even think it's just the events department we need to advertise for, it's habbox as a whole. we need as many new users as possible and hopefully hxss will help with this. it has done in the past so hopefully it won't be any different!

yeah, with the advertising stuff i meant it would benefit for the whole of habbox. the mute isn't stopping room owners putting habbox into their name though? i just think if habbox went out their way to talk to people like gordone (temple run) and the magic guy (death run) then maybe they could advertise. it wouldn't hurt habbox at all to actually go round and get more people to advertise for them.

Jurv
25-07-2012, 10:40 PM
yeah, with the advertising stuff i meant it would benefit for the whole of habbox. the mute isn't stopping room owners putting habbox into their name though? i just think if habbox went out their way to talk to people like gordone (temple run) and the magic guy (death run) then maybe they could advertise. it wouldn't hurt habbox at all to actually go round and get more people to advertise for them.

i really don't have a clue who those people are but yeah, if they have popular rooms then why not? i think habbox needs every little piece of advertisement they can get at the moment and hopefully, if something like this was to happen it would benefit us quite a lot. i know that the trade city (if that's what it's called) is quite a successful room, despite some of the rules. haha!

Lewis
25-07-2012, 10:42 PM
i have noticed that a few of the same events are being hosted regularly and i'm hoping that it is just down to the fact that the amount of events which we can host is limited. i remember when someone mentioned this problem over a year ago now and since then i've got to say that it has actually improved. to tackle the problem back then we ended up creating quite a large list of events which people were able to host. unfortunately, i don't think it has been looked at over the past few months so i will certainly be pointing this out to the events organisers later on.

oh btw, was there any point in making another thread? :hmm:

i thought you were meant to make a different thread if it was talking about a different thing to do with the dept. soz

Jurv
25-07-2012, 10:43 PM
i thought you were meant to make a different thread if it was talking about a different thing to do with the dept. soz

nope, haha! anything to do with the events department can go into the other thread :)

geo
25-07-2012, 10:43 PM
i really don't have a clue who those people are but yeah, if they have popular rooms then why not? i think habbox needs every little piece of advertisement they can get at the moment and hopefully, if something like this was to happen it would benefit us quite a lot. i know that the trade city (if that's what it's called) is quite a successful room, despite some of the rules. haha!

they're both owners of automatic game rooms which are popular like 24/7. i think it'd be really good if we could try getting at least one of them to advertise. :P

Aaron
25-07-2012, 10:45 PM

Yep we're still advertising Habbox. As well as that, rules have been cut and we'll become less strict when these stickies are back to normal. ;)

But yeah OT: The events dept is a great department and although it's staff are away with it being summer season, more and more advertising needs done and maybe more big events like previous ones. I know HxSS is coming up too so hopefully that's a success!

lawrawrrr
25-07-2012, 10:47 PM
Before I was banned I held my 'Lucky Chair' at least once a week. I actually made it myself, and i have a few more ideas in my head for next month too, when lawrawrrr is back!! I do agree that it does get boring, but atm it's difficult to explain new games to people without the use of stickies...

Jurv
25-07-2012, 10:50 PM
Yep we're still advertising Habbox. As well as that, rules have been cut and we'll become less strict when these stickies are back to normal. ;)

But yeah OT: The events dept is a great department and although it's staff are away with it being summer season, more and more advertising needs done and maybe more big events like previous ones. I know HxSS is coming up too so hopefully that's a success!

oh that's good to hear! i wish you the best of luck with the room :P

Aaron
25-07-2012, 11:06 PM
oh that's good to hear! i wish you the best of luck with the room :P

I'll have a chat with Matt when he's back and see can I assist anymore than I am at the minute. :P

the.games
25-07-2012, 11:25 PM
It would be nice if we could encourage already busy rooms to add a events area that we use (like I think the HxHD did). I mean if users are already in a room (just using tc as a example) then they are a captive audience for our events!

Volunteer
25-07-2012, 11:42 PM
How about Habbox's own version of Death Run? Maybe each EO staff can own one room and make a cool game :).

lawrawrrr
25-07-2012, 11:43 PM
How about Habbox's own version of Death Run? Maybe each EO staff can own one room and make a cool game :).

I LOVE THIS IDEA

but it'd be difficult to get all events hosts on together to mod all the rooms...

Volunteer
25-07-2012, 11:46 PM
Not if all EO staff that have these rooms have rights in each others rooms :)

I'm up for it, if anyone else is :)

I LOVE THIS IDEA

but it'd be difficult to get all events hosts on together to mod all the rooms...

the.games
25-07-2012, 11:48 PM
As am I. I wasn't sure if this would count towards minimums, etc. though because I've considered this in the past.

If its constantly open, could it be counted towards hosting minimums?

Volunteer
25-07-2012, 11:54 PM
To be honest, if we were to make it similar to Death Run, there really is no need to be a moderator present at all times, since the game will be wired. Occasionally, hosts can check to see how the games are going. I personally wouldn't consider it as our hours.

Grig
26-07-2012, 06:31 AM
Not really a good idea, it's taking a role off of Senior Event Organisers and that's a fairly big chunk considering the other things they do too. Also, it's trust.

DJs can book slots on their own. I don't see what major difference it is with events? Not sure what the major approval thing is. Obviously about events that might not work out, not sure though!

Zelda
26-07-2012, 06:56 AM
Eos can't book on the minute anymore is that what ur saying Sam ? Samanfa; Ye I always used to book just before it started so am shocked on that one,

Jurv
26-07-2012, 09:54 AM
It would be nice if we could encourage already busy rooms to add a events area that we use (like I think the HxHD did). I mean if users are already in a room (just using tc as a example) then they are a captive audience for our events!

as nice as that idea sounds i don't think it would really work. as an events organiser we want you to host in your own room as much as possible, the main reason being because you are then responsible for moderating and taking control of the event. like i've said previously, at the moment habbo isn't the best place for advertisement and it'll take a lot more effort than before. you just need to stick to it for a while, hopefully it will become easier in the near future!

that's an interesting idea, perhaps it's something which we can look more into after hxss. :)

As am I. I wasn't sure if this would count towards minimums, etc. though because I've considered this in the past.

If its constantly open, could it be counted towards hosting minimums?

we did have a takeshis castle quite a while ago but i can't really remember how it worked. i don't think it was ever used to add onto the amount of events though. it was more of a chance to advertise habbox and give yourself the chance to earn some funding for your events. the only problem that we had with takeshis castle, was the amount of hosts. you needed to make sure that you had quite a few hosts so that players aren't waiting too long and so we have some form of moderation in the main room.

DJs can book slots on their own. I don't see what major difference it is with events? Not sure what the major approval thing is. Obviously about events that might not work out, not sure though!

i'm not too sure how habboxlive works in terms of booking but for events there's the panel and the booking thread which we have stickied in the events organisers only section. the reason which we don't allow normal events organisers to add their own events is simply because we would rather have them added by the senior events organisers, as it's part of their job role. as well as this, it's also the same thread which we highlight all of the cancelled and missed events and is rather important when it comes down to staff reports. i'd rather not give normal events staff the chance to change how many events they've hosted, missed and cancelled throughout the month! :P

Eos can't book on the minute anymore is that what ur saying Sam ? @Samanfa (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=68263); Ye I always used to book just before it started so am shocked on that one,

no, haha! you are allowed to book on the minute as long as you post an announcement and let us know in the booking thread. as long as it isn't past the ten minute mark i can't really see it being a problem. obviously it's better if you book in advance but i know that not everyone can do that, which is why we allow people to book on the minute :)

-Nick
26-07-2012, 10:32 AM
I just find this weird how I have one number of events but still never got my badge on the forum also I don't really think pixel furni is good for prizes :l xo

geo
26-07-2012, 10:42 AM
Hmm, with all the room ideas I do think it would be good to make some simple game rooms (doesn't really have to be made by EOs I guess).

I think good rooms would be 2v1 STIC, Carnival and if EOs had enough wired and things, a temple run thing? I know Gordone and the Magic guy has so much wired just to keep their games running 24/7 so the making of these might be a little harder than anything. I think it'd be best to make something like Magics Death Run as it's just one room really and everyone could help with the wired if it was made to be a group room. :P

lawrawrrr
26-07-2012, 10:48 AM
The problem with 24h events is that noone always turns up - at my 11AM event just now, 3 people turned up for the entire time, and they all pretty much left straight away.

-Nick
26-07-2012, 10:57 AM
The problem with 24h events is that noone always turns up - at my 11AM event just now, 3 people turned up for the entire time, and they all pretty much left straight away.

I think it's prizes which you give and if you give them the forum badge or not :s I do get pissed when you spend half-hour trying to win then they give you *Removed* piece of furni and then don't give you the *Removed* badge when you even ask for the badge it's soo annoying that's why I don't turn up anymore :( only if I know if there giving a good decent piece of furni and the badge :) !!!

Edited by Jordan (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not avoid the forum filter

lawrawrrr
26-07-2012, 10:59 AM
I think it's prizes which you give and if you give them the forum badge or not :s I do get pissed when you spend half-hour trying to win then they give you a *REMOVED* piece of furni and then don't give you the *REMOVED* badge when you even ask for the badge it's soo annoying that's why I don't turn up anymore :( only if I know if there giving a good decent piece of furni and the badge :) !!!

The player of the month badge is only given to the most active player a month, and the weekly event winner badge is only for the weekly events. I always try to give good prizes but noone actually turns up for me to give them the prize?

Prizes are difficult though as not all of us are stupidly rich and can't afford to give away expensive furni all the time, as it's done out of our own pocket. I wish people would be grateful of what we do give, as it's more than the winner had before, you know?

Samantha
26-07-2012, 11:01 AM
I just find this weird how I have one number of events but still never got my badge on the forum also I don't really think pixel furni is good for prizes :l xo

Not everyone gives pixel furni, you haven't been to enough events lol.

Also you get the award if you won a weekly one I believe.

-Nick
26-07-2012, 11:02 AM
The player of the month badge is only given to the most active player a month, and the weekly event winner badge is only for the weekly events. I always try to give good prizes but noone actually turns up for me to give them the prize?

Prizes are difficult though as not all of us are stupidly rich and can't afford to give away expensive furni all the time, as it's done out of our own pocket. I wish people would be grateful of what we do give, as it's more than the winner had before, you know?

I wasn't aiming that at you laura I was saying I don't think pixel furni isn't a good idea to give :S I know you give good furni but.... ;) a few years ago they use to give trophys and everything ;( but sorry if your offended Larua :( xo

Samantha
26-07-2012, 11:05 AM
I wasn't aiming that at you laura I was saying I don't think pixel furni isn't a good idea to give :S I know you give good furni but.... ;) a few years ago they use to give trophys and everything ;( but sorry if your offended Larua :( xo

If you don't like it then go to those 'ff win 20c' I'm sure you'd gain mote than that if you came to habbox events as rarely they're legit.

Wish people would stop living Ih the past. Consider that after merge the Americans rarely gave a prize out and there's always a rep alternative.

geo
26-07-2012, 11:14 AM

The good thing about Magics death run is there isn't a prize and no host is needed. Like, if you win you get to the 'host' area where you can make people lose and things. I just think it would be nice, like if there were no events running, then people could head down there and stuff. :P

lawrawrrr
26-07-2012, 11:14 AM

ahaah no I was just talking generally!!! There are still trophies given for winning the bigger events, but we're just not as rich as we used to be! It's ok for fansites like Habbopfm (5N and BelieveMeSafety) as it's basically run on casino profits, but I don't think we're that bad most of the time. You do have to remember all these 'OMG CMOE PLAY FF WIN A GOLD BAR' events probably aren't even legit...

Samantha
26-07-2012, 11:16 AM
The good thing about Magics death run is there isn't a prize and no host is needed. Like, if you win you get to the 'host' area where you can make people lose and things. I just think it would be nice, like if there were no events running, then people could head down there and stuff. :P

Like when Scott had the telephrase maze? Yeah I think it's a good idea.

geo
26-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Yeah, anything that wouldn't require a host which was a Habbox room would be a good idea. :P

Jurv
26-07-2012, 05:26 PM

you need to be voted for the player of the month award and win a weekly event for the weekly events award. the clue is in the name really.. :P and in regards to what you said about prizes, pixel furni shouldn't be used, no. if you do end up getting a pixel furniture prize then please just us know and we'll sort it out.

yeah, due to the fact that we can't advertise as much it really is decreasing the amount of players that turn up to events. i guess the only thing we can do at the moment is try to invite as many people as possible, whether it be via habbo, msn or skype and see if enough people turn up. never give up!!

I think it's prizes which you give and if you give them the forum badge or not :s I do get pissed when you spend half-hour trying to win then they give you a *REMOVED* piece of furni and then don't give you the *REMOVED* badge when you even ask for the badge it's soo annoying that's why I don't turn up anymore :( only if I know if there giving a good decent piece of furni and the badge :) !!!

er, do you fancy calming down?

if you bothered to take a look at the awards on the forum it will tell you how they are achieved. you don't win them by winning a normal event, otherwise too many people would have them and too many requests would be made. and what do you mean by a 'c*** fuc**** s*** piece of furni'? all furniture which is given to people who win events should be more than enough. although if you think any different then i'd prefer for you to pm me about it so we can look into the situation. at the moment i'm just starting to think that you're just being ungrateful. you should be happy that you win furniture in the first place.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqic42XBGu1qdiwudo1_500.gif

yes, you're right. pixel furniture isn't a good prize to give which is why it isn't given out. perhaps someone may have given you this prize in the past but that isn't to say that every events organiser does at every single event? like i said, if you have a problem with prizes please pm me and mathew with screenshot evidence and we'll sort it out.

ooh that is a good idea actually. i'll have a look later and see how it works. as well as enjoyment, it would be really nice for advertisement too! do you know what the guys username is? or is it just 'magic'? :P

lawrawrrr
26-07-2012, 05:36 PM
you need to be voted for the player of the month award and win a weekly event for the weekly events award. the clue is in the name really.. :P and in regards to what you said about prizes, pixel furni shouldn't be used, no. if you do end up getting a pixel furniture prize then please just us know and we'll sort it out.

yeah, due to the fact that we can't advertise as much it really is decreasing the amount of players that turn up to events. i guess the only thing we can do at the moment is try to invite as many people as possible, whether it be via habbo, msn or skype and see if enough people turn up. never give up!!

er, do you fancy calming down?

if you bothered to take a look at the awards on the forum it will tell you how they are achieved. you don't win them by winning a normal event, otherwise too many people would have them and too many requests would be made. and what do you mean by a 'c*** fuc**** s*** piece of furni'? all furniture which is given to people who win events should be more than enough. although if you think any different then i'd prefer for you to pm me about it so we can look into the situation. at the moment i'm just starting to think that you're just being ungrateful. you should be happy that you win furniture in the first place.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqic42XBGu1qdiwudo1_500.gif

yes, you're right. pixel furniture isn't a good prize to give which is why it isn't given out. perhaps someone may have given you this prize in the past but that isn't to say that every events organiser does at every single event? like i said, if you have a problem with prizes please pm me and mathew with screenshot evidence and we'll sort it out.

ooh that is a good idea actually. i'll have a look later and see how it works. as well as enjoyment, it would be really nice for advertisement too! do you know what the guys username is? or is it just 'magic'? :P

yes cameron!! it's that g.c.magic guy who won the last 2 room comps, pretty easy to find ;) I'd actually love to have a constantly open Habbox death run tbh.....

Jurv
26-07-2012, 05:42 PM
yes cameron!! it's that g.c.magic guy who won the last 2 room comps, pretty easy to find ;) I'd actually love to have a constantly open Habbox death run tbh.....

OH I UNDERSTAND NOW. I SHALL VENTURE INTO HIS ROOM LATER ON XO

Samantha
26-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Jurv; I doubt pixel furni was given due to them not being tradeable when he's talking about :rolleyes: I believe he means VIP furni.

Jurv
26-07-2012, 06:07 PM
Jurv; I doubt pixel furni was given due to them not being tradeable when he's talking about :rolleyes: I believe he means VIP furni.

isn't that orange pixel furniture tradeable? :O

lawrawrrr
26-07-2012, 06:29 PM
@Jurv (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=64841); I doubt pixel furni was given due to them not being tradeable when he's talking about :rolleyes: I believe he means VIP furni.

orange pixel stuff is!

Samantha
26-07-2012, 06:46 PM
isn't that orange pixel furniture tradeable? :O

He said he stopped going to events due to being given pixel furni, the pixel furni was only available a few weeks ago and I haven't seen him play in that period of time (when they were available) so he must mean further back when no pixel items were tradeable, thus he probably means VIP furni.
doughnutty;

Maatt.
27-07-2012, 11:20 AM
If your talking of the likes of thishabbo they hire millions of staff that don't have a ******* clue.
lol, they hired me when i went to the manager, give me events staff now. paha

Jurv
27-07-2012, 07:45 PM
lol, they hired me when i went to the manager, give me events staff now. paha

lol yeah they seem to hire anyone. especially when hffm users went to their site :P!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!