PDA

View Full Version : Cinema tickets.

iBlueBox
25-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Right,

I've never bought cinema tickets online and I'm wondering, how does it work? As I want to book a movie for like sunday.

I pay with my card, but like then what? Do I have to print something off?

geo
25-07-2012, 01:00 PM
last time my dad booked me tickets for the hunger games we printed something off and just showed it when we were going in.

sex
25-07-2012, 01:34 PM
depends on the cinema. i know with cineworld when you book online with them they have machines in the cinema when you go in and you scan the card you used to book and enter your ref code and the tickets print off!!

Eric
25-07-2012, 01:43 PM
I always buy cinema tickets online. They'll give me a code after i purchased a ticket, go to the cinema before the showtime, tell em the code, then i'll get a ticket.

I'm not sure how it works in UK though

Sloths
25-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Yeah over here you can either print off the online receipt or swipe the card you paid on at the desk, I always book online cuz it's guaranteed you'll get in as ours tend to be booked up quite a bit.

Ekelektra
26-07-2012, 12:44 PM
I've only bought tickets online a few times and most of the times it worked differently. Once we just walked up to the cinema and they let us in, and other times we went to the ticket booth and exchanged it for a real ticket, a lot of cinemas here have a special line for people who have bought tickets online and they get priority to exchange them over which is good when the lines are big.
My closest cinema recently got these machines just outside the door, and you can buy tickets there and also scan the ticket you bought online and it prints off normal tickets. Not sure but it might also work if you scan the card you used to pay or if you have a membership card with the cinema and you were logged in when you were buying online, then you can scan your membership card. I think really it just depends on the cinema you're at, and what cinema chain it is.

Jarkie
26-07-2012, 01:30 PM
Normally your cinema will have these machines within there; Once you pay for the tickets online (BTW you will/might get charge booking fees) then send you an e-mail. Once done, yo go to the cinema before the film starts, go to these machines and put in the credit card/deriect debt card you paid with online, and it will print out the tickets.

If they don't hold these machines, you can just go up to them, show them the email via phone (If you have a good phone!;)) show them the card you paid with and boom, tickets are yours :)

I love booking online, you get to choose the seats! :D

Oleh
26-07-2012, 03:03 PM
At VUE you go to a machine, enter your card and it'll pop the tickets out iirc.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!